Got this bonus check today Sup Forums (programmer) what should I blow it on?

Got this bonus check today Sup Forums (programmer) what should I blow it on?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/safetycarmd/wishlist/
youtube.com/watch?v=vM9I3A-syYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Abortions.

make some good investments

Already had one

Like? How do I make 'good' investments? That's not a lot of info

guns and liquor

What's funny is you make that much money and only had $600 before that. Debt slave detected.

Buy boring value stocks packaged in an ETF, make sure you pay no brokerage fees. Hold them until your grandkids need Harvard tuition.

Start an underground drug service

Sorry? This doesn't show my balance

gimmi 3k plz ? donst hurt to try

Who the fuck gets paid in cheques? Especially as programmer?

But blow it on hookers and a good cinema room

If you're serious, buy as many Amazon shares as you can.

Must be nice. I've been trying to get programming related work for a year. I live in a small town, don't have the money to move and online freelancing is fucking useless.

Everyone wants to hire Rajeet for $2 an hour even though the output will be garbage.

Where do you work that you're getting these as a BONUS?

durrr

how do i get so rich like you?

Just trying to make myself feel better since I am too lazy to go make the money you do. Good shit op

Help a Sup Forumsro out?

steamcommunity.com/id/safetycarmd/wishlist/

Buy yourself something nice. You deserve it!

thats 400 less, bank has to process the whole check before you can access it dummy

It's a bonus check from a company we contracted with

Is that what you win in a month or what? (I could do the same if I left everything I earn on Paypal. Well, it would take me nine months..)

Fine, you want advice?
>Go buy liquid assets,
>Invest in collectibles
>buy silver a lot of pure silver.
>even invest in trading card games it can literally be an easy side job of reselling expensive cards and buying them dirt cheap.
>Invest in lottery tickets, like scratch offs, It may sound ludicrous but if you play them correctly and at the right time and place you will profit greatly.
>Buy a bike or a longboard and go around your city and finds money on the ground as well as other valuables while also getting vigorous exercise.
>invest in supplements and vitamins and medicines real medicines, not ibuprofen or some shit.
>Stock for the apocalypse, buy guns ammo and non-perishable food. Get ready for the end so you can still be an asset to yourself

>Or blow it all on whatever you want, you do not have to listen to me.

>Buy some drugs though, some good safe drugs. Alcohol, weed, acid and have some fun before you are an old and dying man.

Not OP, but programmer jobs go over several months and most of the time years.

Buy a girl who give the succ

>Leawood, KS
>Programmer for Wells Fargo
Kek'd

Donate 25k to your charity of choice.
dubs get

>freelancing
No no no no. I cannot stress enough how useless freelancing for anything development related is. Those six figure profiles on stuff like Elance/Odesk are fake. It's like those sex sites that have supermodels who want to hook up with you in your area.

You will never make a living trying to freelance in the development field. You have to get extremely lucky and find a long term client who somehow hasn't found what they're already looking for.

If you want to earn a livable wage as a developer, you need to contract with actual companies, make friends and get references for better positions. DO NOT sell yourself short. When I was trying to get work online, I was told that advertising myself for $35 an hour was too low and that I was a slave wage. When you get into actual contracting, demand $50 an hour and don't get any lower. Real companies don't mind paying out $50 an hour for low to mid level developers.

Seriously though, stop wasting your fucking time with freelancing or gig websites. They're an utter waste of time filled with foreigners who deliver shit work but for cheap and that's all those people care about. Then there's the PayPal fees, there's the problem of constantly chasing down work and dealing with foreigners in general.

This was based on 1/3 my current salary. Entered into a transition agreement with one of our clients to stand up a part of our product into an environment they control. So this is what they paid just as a "job well done" on top of my regular salary.

I thought I was the exception. Most colleagues of mine are payed every month

send me some wtf
[email protected]

1/4

tits or gtfo bitch

>This was based on 1/3 my current salary.
So the pay of several months and we still don't know how long you worked for them.

I could use half. Wanna give me some? Thanks a bunch.

Invest 3-5k in the new crypto currency that mines on users web browsers as seen in this video:youtube.com/watch?v=vM9I3A-syYw
100% gonna be worth more than bitcoin very soon

>crypto currency
People still think they're going to make money off of that? Oh well, it's not my money.

;)

Still getting paid my regular salary every 3 weeks, this is on top of that, ie bonus. And it took about 4 months

I'll do a commission drawing for you!

paypal.me/BaoTruong1

put it all in you student loan

2 weeks

Don't have any. Went on scholarship

Draw my asshole on your body

Keeping cash in a checking account is retarded

can you explain in detail

Don't work for wells fargo, I deposited it there.

Be a bro and help me pay my tuition

Be me drunk and depressed
sees value of bit coin is 50 (a few years back)
decides to invest 4 thousand because why not
Sells bitcoin a few months ago when the value was worth 5k.
MFW

Not that true. I worked for 45$ last year, 30 atm, because fuck trump and his dollar crash. Once you have at least 100 hours and reputation you can ask a shitton, but has to be in a often requested field like wp, python and php.
One big thing is: if you don't have a portfolio job in that area, simply request only 10-20 and for the next job you can go up.

Fees are shit, but I am able to move my customer to private long time customer with 24/7 phone support and extra fees, everything outside those sites.

>freelancing websites
Fucking duh. Those sites are for Indians. You'd make more on a demoralizing shithole like Fiverr. You can't compete with Rakesh so don't try.

Your body, except my asshole where yours would be

You have to get lucky to find a client who wants to pay for quality work. Most of them want some shitty quick job done for $2 an hour and the fees are ridiculous. They do this new thing where you can only send out so many requests a day.

I know a couple of people who have gotten gigs on these sites but overall, it's not worth the effort.

We know that, most people here are not retarded. The question was how long it took you to complete this job from finish to start and you answered that now.

If only I knew about crypto in high school. I'd be a rich fuck right now.

well im not gonna say that you're poor, but i mean the reaosn they put a hold on that check is because you didnt have even 30 percent of that value in your entire bank .

gotcha, pay up first

Regarding freelancing, you're 80% right: some fields (such as the one I'm in) can't subcontract to third world countries. It's not so much about luck than it is about specialization. (And sure, a six-figure salary is completely out of the equation, but there are other advantages.)

>Fiverr
I wrote articles on there. You got $3 per job and people were picky as fuck. They would request revisions or threaten to leave bad reviews. Doing work for shitty pay usually gets you work with shitty clients. When I demanded $50 an article at a base minimum, I never had an issue with a single client. My biggest trouble clients were ALWAYS the $5 to $15 an article people.

That picture sends me into a huge depression, you know what iu could do with even 5000$? pay off debts and shit. good job tho op you earned that shit. im on my way there

I have other accounts

Or get a job directly with a company making real money with real benefits and a 401(k) match. Apply for new jobs every year or so in order to get a huge raise. Repeat for 5 years until you are making over $100,000.

> source: 12 yrs experience, 149,000 salary

Thanks man, honestly all my friends and family make this much in a year and work way harder than I ever have. I'm just a good programmer and for some reason people pay their own ass for that shit. I'm such an asshole

That's because people with money can fire you and hire someone else. They don't care. The penny chasers don't have the money to hire anyone other than you and they're trying to get cheap work in the hopes that you'll make them a lot of money

Spoiler
>It never works out for them

I've been on the shit end of the grind. I did $100 PSD to HTML conversions and always had to bite my tongue over how fucking awful the PSDs were. It's worse when you have to take over some other cheap developer's work. Usually it's some agency from India who put Bootstrap on a site and called it a day.

Yeah, most of the time it is not worth it. Wouldn't do it myself if I wasn't in masters.

I won most people with the argument of tax. Did you know that companies in the us are only allowed to hire someone paying tax or having having a registered company there? Same with europe. When mentioning it I most of the time get interviewed. You have to remember those people are HR and not some IT-guy or lawyer.

Best one was an ABC interview. Next to me as european were 7 indians and as soon as I mentioned tax laws we all got dropped.

Op here, make 145k now got a raise after I finished the bonus work. I'm 26

Invest all of it in ripple, a big conference is coming and you can double the price in a week.

Sell at the peak, never try it again. Good life experience

holy shit this is a collection of all the things never to do.

buy scratch offs holy shit are you black are retarded

True. What you do though bury the shit? When the banks fall so does that bills worth cause it sure as fuck isn't based on gold anymore.

>$100 psd conversions
I would work at McDonalds before ever even considering taking that job.

Buy swishers and Arizona fruit punch

should have been one.

Two more anectodes:

One company in the philippines sent me a request with some dubious text that they want to pentest their company. They sent me a flight ticket, because they wanted me to work a whole week while they look over my shoulder.

Second one was a stephen smith and he wanted to crack and dos his house wlan in venezuela. Ofc denied it, but the person accepting got 20k for 30 hours of work.

You will see so much illegal shit there.

I think a trip somewhere

>Or get a job directly with a company making real money with real benefits and a 401(k) match.
You know, some people want to finish their master and doctorate but still want to pay for it/don't want to have debt when finished? An 8-5 job is impossible, but freelancing is better than minijobs.

I know a woman who's worked at McDonalds for over two decades as a shift manager and still only makes a little over $14 an hour. Some people just don't have the ambition to move up or better their lives I guess. I don't get how people can be content with something like that. The stress of managing a bunch of teenagers for two decades for $14 an hour?

5 Bitcoin. You'll make $1000 in a month.

Yeah but making a living as a freelancer is nearly impossible. You have to get extremely lucky to land lucrative gigs and it's downright impossible to get low or medium paying gigs. There's too many people competing for them.

Wrong thread, the bitcoin shilling is 2 rows down in the catalog

Awesome, I'd love to make 1000 whole dollars

buy a brokefag like me a pizza for my dead dads birthday

Help knock my remaining 3 grand student loan debt

As said, after the shitty start of accepting 10$ shit, I am at around 40 and that is more than I had when starting college.
I need 400$ a month with rent and make a stupid amount of plus in comparrison.

Your dad would be so proud that you can't afford a pizza, but he can't feel anything since he's dead

I bet you pulled this shit out of a trashcan.

Must be nice, still. I couldn't find squat at $10 an hour. For every position, there were 1,000+ Pajeets willing to do it for 10 or far lower. The lower I went, the more competition there was.

I'm glad it worked for you but myself and most people don't share the same experience. We usually just go hungry and no matter how many proposals are sent out, never get work.

Whats your working field? The us searches for wordpress and php developer and they can't hire pajeets as companies.
TBH. it was not my knowledge that got me hired but my friendly shittalking

Again the success stories you hear and read about are one in a million. Stop wasting your time fucking around with those websites. Get into contracting for ACTUAL COMPANIES AND ACTUAL AGENCIES. Branch out and make as many friends as you can.

Suure

>Angry tweeting intensifies

Stay mad Shareblue shill
hillary lost

user, noone said, you need to do it fulltime. It is good for students to create first warm acquisitions. Someone going complete freelancer without a specific rare branch is fucked.

I'm about to get 8-10 months off work for a surgery and want to develop a new skill. I'm not a stupidfuck and can pick up skills very easy.

Please point me in the right direction brother. I can commit 6 hours a day to studying for 6 months, 6 days a week. I have the drive and brain, just need some helping pointing me in the right direction so I don't waste time. Please spare me the mistakes most people make when starting out. Thank you in advance, Brother

I'm sorry, I'm not very fluent in Dipshit, which I hear is the main language Sup Forums speaks.

Also, didn't vote for Hillary.

They want education, levels and courses, at least in Europe
I'm self-taught in InfoSec, don't have many options
Basically i'm in the same boat as Pajeet from the company standpoint of view

the only answer has been and always will be hookers and blow.

u mad? gotta love triggered liberal cucks who pretend they didnt vote for hillary

HURR DURR TRUMP WON IMPEACH HIM NOW 2 SCOOPS HURR DURR DURR

On Upwork you can set shit to US citizens only, so those pajeets are gone.

But fuck freelancing site.

I've got my hopes up so many times when i received messages back. I searched the words i was sent, and always found they were copy pasta scams.

My github is rocking, and I'm working on a tool that should (hopefully) get recognized by the EFF, or some other privacy company.

Publicity is the way to go, knowing people.

Ah, good ole Upwork. I've sent over 100 proposals on there and have only received one email telling me that a job was no longer available.

Do people just post jobs on there and never log in again?

Why is this thread about freelance now