>extra 10 songs added to album
>all remixes

>Vinyl version has different track order than CD version

>Quadraphonic Remix

>Remastered/Produced by Dan Swanö

>produced by Rick Rubin

>stereo remix
>of a 60's album

Remasters are a mixed bag. Sometimes audio engineers do a great job cleaning up analog tapes and while keeping them as transparent as the original, but sometimes they emphasize marketability to average consumers too much and it ends up being too bassy and compressed. One thing I noticed tho is that remasters almost always have a better mix that has a much more coherent stereo image.

Like, I have mixed feelings about the 2009 Beatles remasters. I own all of the pre-remastered AAD Beatles CDs released in the 80s/90s and also own the 2009 remastered collection. The untouched ones definately sound more transparent and true to the recording technology they had in the 60s, but that comes with tape hiss, analog clipping, and sibilance. The remasters are much cleaner, sweeter, and easier on the ears, but the bass is noticeably thicker and the upper mids/high frequencies, while cleaner, are obviously EQ'd to falsely make it sound more detailed. I prefer the originals of everything from Rubber Soul and beyond, but the remasters of everything pre-Help! is much more pleasant to listen to and transparent enough that I don't really care about the EQ/additional effects job.

>reissue costs more than original vinyl

Nightcore mix 24/7 chill beats

What did you think of the Sgt Pepper 50th Anniversary remaster?

>remaster doesn't make you feel the way the original did

>Radio Version

>(Steven Wilson Xbox remaster version)

>the original is the remaster

>every Swans remaster after Filth has sounded like shit compared to the original

woah

whoa*

>remastered
>record was released 5 years ago.

>Noisia remix

All of the Judas Priest remasters are universally terrible, considering the original vinyl mixes were usually pretty poor to begin with.

>Bonus track is added in the middle of the tracklist instead of being at the end

what's wrong with that?

>FLAC

>deluxe edition

>DEMASTERED

Front Line Assembly's State Of Mind and Caustic Grip were missing many whole tracks on the vinyl
I fucking hate this, unless it was placed specifically where it was placed to improve the album overall. Skinny Puppy's Bites CD is 1/2 iffy bonus tracks and they are sprinkled everywhere.
The Beggar's Banquet Tubeway Army/Gary Numan remasters are awesome, the remaster of Genesis' Duke is awesome, and Devo has had generally really great superior quality remasters, even the Warner 2010 ones (specially Duty Now and Freedom of Choice, the other two were not as good). But generally original pressing CDs are where to go.
Yeah those suck ass. However they actually had good mixes for most of their albums. The old Columbia CDs sound awesome, and my RCA sad Wings is excellent too. Hell Bent For Leather however sounds fucking terrible no matter what. So muffled, Christ.

>pre production mix

>reissue contains edited versions of a few tracks to make space for other assorted crap

every remaster ive ever had sounds no different

>remaster has less bonus tracks than original pressing

>corrected polarity edition

rip skylarking

>PBTHAL vinyl rip

whoha*

>Includes bonus CD!
>It's full of rehearsal and demo tracks

>Hell Bent For Leather however sounds fucking terrible no matter what

The first three albums sound like they were recorded with a portable cassette player, and Stained Class has that thin, compressed New Wave sound. That's fine for the Cars, but you don't want that sort of sound on a metal album.

>Includes bonus CD!
>it contains the b-sides of the singles and the non-album singles from the same period

> (You)
>>Hell Bent For Leather however sounds fucking terrible no matter what
>The first three albums sound like they were recorded with a portable cassette player, and Stained Class has that thin, compressed New Wave sound. That's fine for the Cars, but you don't want that sort of sound on a metal album.

Sad Wings has a lot of bad pressings (Rocka Rolla can't be defended it always sounded bad). We in the US barely got any good ones, and the good ones aren't common. The Attic, Repertoire, and RCA versions actually sound pretty good. There's an awful version by Koch records that is so muddy and gross that it may have been what tipped you to that conclusion.
I know people rag on Sin After Sin's audio but I have a vinyl copy amd it sounds really good for some reason.
Honestly I think Stained class is one of their best produced records, but yeah it's a touch glossy, I agree.

his rips are great fuck off

Remasters are lame. Why cant you just leave shit alone? Not every thing has to be renewed and up to modern standards every ten years. Its so gay.

>cassette reissue

>2004 Digital Remastered version

albums before the 90s are really quiet/weak compared to today's music and remasters make them far more enjoyable.

mfw

>(Mono version)

kill yourself mouthbreather

Go to bed Brian

I thought this too, but this year's remaster of leftfield's leftism sounds pretty great

'Remastered' typically means 'highly compressed, overly loud, clipped, and muddy'. I literally never buy remastered editions - they are always worse from my experience.

>remastered version released 2 years after the original

>remastered edition
>stereo channels are reversed

>deluxe edition

Really depends on some albums

The original vinyl mix of Sin After Sin is easy to pick out, there's a momentary audio dropout on "Starbreaker". If you don't hear this, it's the remaster.

Priest were so annoyed with the mixing on their early albums that they got James Guthrie to produce HBFL after he'd mixed Better By You, Better Than Me (last minute addition to Stained Class recorded in a separate session).

The guitars on Hell Bent actually sound loud and crunchy like a metal album should be, too bad Rob's vocals are muffly as fuck.

>The untouched ones
the 2009 remasters sound very similar to the original records. the early cd releases miss the final mastering they did before cutting the record.

Metallica, man their albums were always mixed like shit until the 90s after they stopped being any good.

Stop listening to top 40 acts. That's where the practice of high compression and artificial loudness happens.

>Sad Wings has a lot of bad pressings (Rocka Rolla can't be defended it always sounded bad). We in the US barely got any good ones, and the good ones aren't common. The Attic, Repertoire, and RCA versions actually sound pretty good. There's an awful version by Koch records that is so muddy and gross that it may have been what tipped you to that conclusion.

youtube.com/watch?v=EKSU1W0ZUmQ

VOC. I don't know where this was ripped from, but it sounds pretty good.

not even top40 m8, happens so much, in particular dadrock remasters

kek

i dont want no radiation on my CD

They cost like $50 bucks

>Definitive Version

>exclusive iTunes bonus track

>Deluxe Edition exclusive to Walmart
>has bonus tracks that are the best thing on the album

>Stereo remaster
>All the panning is seemingly at random

>"Remaster" is just running the tapes through a newer machine

>Rick Ruin

Why does every Megadeth remaster sound like complete ass? The drums sound like they're being played on trashcans. It all sounds so tiny and shit.

Has been coasting on his reputation for 20+ years.

Sad Wings wasn't released by a major label so this could account for the inconsistency and widely variable pressings.