*tips fedora*

*tips fedora*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YU4gZjiVPkI
youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Back in the day, this was just called being a good person.

so..?

Daily reminder that Kurt Cobain was a pathological liar and a complete greedy fraud.
He'd shit on the mainstream and praise indie rock values and then call up MTV executives and scream at them for not playing Nirvana videos enough.
He'd shit on and refuse to tour with Guns N Roses due to them being "too macho" and then go on tour with the fucking Red Hot Chili Peppers.
He'd describe himself as a feminist and then write a song as hilariously boneheaded and utterly devoid of genuine understanding of feminism and misogyny as "Rape Me"(not to mention him openly admitting to trying to fuck a retarded girl).
This is a guy who appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine while wearing a t-shirt that said "corporate magazines still suck". I think that just about summarizes what a braindead, posturing, utterly inauthentic clown of a person Kurt Cobain was.
I would have killed myself too if i was as much of a fraud as he was.

Also, daily reminder that Kurt Cobain was also a corporate whore of the highest order.
The first thing Kurt Cobain, the elitistic and authentic indie purist did upon winning his first MTV award? He thanked fucking Geffen.

youtube.com/watch?v=YU4gZjiVPkI

Fucking Oasis were more punk than Nirvana.

youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g

No it was called virtue signaling

no shit.. most people in music are delusional pretentious fuckwits. noise, hardcore, etc are literally the worst offenders.

>No it was called virtue signaling

It certainly was in Cobain's case.

Chris Ott's comment about Cobain's supposedly passionate left-wing sympathies just being another way for him to align himself with "the losers" and further propagate his own fantasies and public image of being a "tragic, tortured artiste" rather than an emotionally underdeveloped, greedy junkie is 100% on point.

>Fucking Oasis were more punk than Nirvana.

I hate to speak ill of the dead, but I can't say that I disagree. Nirvana always struck me as corporate-funded pseudo-rebellion for television watchers. The fact that so many Nirvana fans don't see through the charade baffles me.

Oasis were probably the most punk mainstream band of the entire 90s anyway though
They did what they wanted and they did it by themselves, they signed to an indie label (later running their own label when that collapsed) and didn't do any of the dressing up and posturing that many in the Britpop era did. They just went out, played their tunes, got tanked up and occasional punched each other's heads in.

gay

Am I the only one that never thinks any of an artist's personal bullshit matters and it is always solely about the music an artist makes?

Sure, but with people like Cobain there's an element of idolism and reverence around their personal lives outside of it, almost as though their death was a martyrdom for their lifestyle. In those cases, where rightly or wrongly that's been forced to the centre of their musical history, it's much harder to ignore.

>basement-dwelling r/the_donald-browsing le alt-right kekistani getting mad about the opinion of a man who has been dead for 23 years and thinking anyone cares

>youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4

what the fuck is liam gallagher's problem?

Just banter m8

You're the only one that sounds mad

why would I hate anyone with a boypussy?

>no u

he's right though

Sure, but we're actually having a discussion about the artist. Learn to read you fucking stupid piece of shit cunt :)

The artist is shit.

All artists are shit.

/thread

>He'd shit on and refuse to tour with Guns N Roses due to them being "too macho" and then go on tour with the fucking Red Hot Chili Peppers.
he didn't like GnR, but mostly axl because axl threatened his wife and him.

Rape me is a "anti rape song" its pretty obvious what the intent was. The thing about him fucking a retarded girl has to be fake buzz osbourne said that couldn't have happened in a small town without everyone finding out.

Him basically selling out? yeah he did

go back to Sup Forums

>he didn't like GnR, but mostly axl because axl threatened his wife and him.

Cobain was the one who started the feud with GNR by constantly insulting them(and Axl in particular) in the press after Nevermind blew up. The incident where Axl threatened Cobain and Courtney happened well after the feud already began.
Axl fucking loved Nirvana early on, he wanted them to tour with GNR and wore a Nirvana hat in the video for Don't Cry.

>Rape me is a "anti rape song" its pretty obvious what the intent was.

It's also an atrocious anti-rape song written by someone who clearly has very little sincere connection to the subject matter.

>It's also an atrocious anti-rape song written by someone who clearly has very little sincere connection to the subject matter.
he is using rape as a metaphor for how the media is treating him, its an empowering song its not defeatist i dont personally see a problem with it. Also hes not saying "rape women" or encouraging violence towards anyone

>he is using rape as a metaphor for how the media is treating him

Again tying into Cobain only cared about other people's misery insofar he could use it to further enhance his own public image. Guy was a classic needy narcissist.

Whats with this new oasis are punk rock meme am i tripping?

More punk than what was being classed as punk in the 90s

>Cobain only cared about other people's misery insofar he could use it to further enhance his own public image
holy hell saying the words "rape" doesn't mean you're using other people's misery for your own how the fuck did you come to that conclusion. Its just a non-politically correct metaphor about what he was going through with the media regarding frances

It wasn't though, he said himself it was just supposed to be an anti-rape song
>Basically, I was trying to write a song that supported women and dealt with the issue of rape. Over the last few years, people have had such a hard time understanding what our message is, what we're trying to convey, that I just decided to be as bold as possible. How hard should I stamp this point? How big should I make the letters? It's not a pretty image. But a woman who is being raped, who is infuriated with the situation . . . it's like "Go ahead, rape me, just go for it, because you're gonna get it." I'm a firm believer in karma, and that motherfucker is going to get what he deserves, eventually. That man will be caught, he'll go to jail, and he'll be raped. So rape me, do it, get it over with. Because you're gonna get it worse
I think people try to turn it into some deeper lyrical meaning because to be honest it's a pretty stupid lyrical sentiment otherwise.

now thats what i call autism

>youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g
That's just embarrassing.

kurt cobain really was a fucking idiot, wasn't he?
he really just comes off as not being all that intelligent in just about every interview i've seen/read with him.

>youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g
>rockstars will never behave like this again

sad desu