New Bladerunner was horseshit. Typical modern film. Shit plot, constant handholding, no philosophy...

New Bladerunner was horseshit. Typical modern film. Shit plot, constant handholding, no philosophy. Just some pretty lights and loud noises. FML, I was so god damn hopeful for this film as well...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pqs7857hksM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does Sup Forums like it again, so you come here?

awesome i was honestly gonna leave in an hour, you just saved me 12 dollars plus the 40 i probly would have spent on food

New blade runner is 1000x times better then old blade runner.
I kept falling asleep watching the orginal one, probly fell asleep 10 times on my first attempt at watching it.

2049 is so much better then the orginal

It's considered a modern masterpiece. You're missing out.

How do you fall asleep watching Blade Runner? Memes aside, it's actually very simple and not nearly as slow as everybody makes it out to be.

Banned from tv the thread

It is very slow and the plot is as slow as molasses on a brisk yukon winter morning

2D WAIFU>3D WAIFU

>tfw no qt AI girlfriend.

It's not even two hours.
Do you have a low attention span, or what?

But the Old one gives you stuff to think about, thats the point of the film. The new film had nothing to think about, making the slow pace unbearable.

I enjoyed it well enough and I'm a huge fan of the original and PKD. I think it kept up the themes of the original while delivering it in a form that audiences in 2017 would find more appealing.

There were multiple layers of 'what is a person' and the cinematography was great.

The original does not have a lot of true fans, despite what people might say. Same with 2001. They're slow and thoughtful movies and most people then and now think they're boring.

Literally through the whole what makes us human theme away by forcing the narrative that being born is what makes you human, it was stupid. Why would this resistance (where tf did that even come from) need a "born" replica to prove there humanity and give them a reason to fight. The whole point of bladerunner is that these replica think they are human therefore they are.

Movies are shlock.
I don't know why anyone still watches them. Most people don't. They stopped making new ones a decade ago and now just keep making remakes of shit that's already been done that sold the first time. Seen one, seen em all.

Movies are dead.

Agreed

I watched it once a long time ago and I thought I had watched the entire thing, but then I watched it again 2 days ago and I noticed that I stopped watching it about half way through after he kills the hooker replicant. Half of the movie takes place in that engineer's apartment and most of the time it's just talking.

The movie seriously needed editing on that part.

People don't like to think anymore. Spoonfeeding philosophy themes through direct mention of a soul and the concept of an android having one or not shouldn't have been approached so bluntly in the sequel but if they didn't it'd go straight over the general audience's heads.

TO BE FAIR, YOU HAVE TO HAVE A VERY HIGH IQ TO UNDERSTAND Sup Forums. THE HUMOUR IS EXTREMELY SUBTLE, AND WITHOUT A SOLID GRASP OF SHITPOSTING MOST OF THE JOKES WILL GO OVER A NORMIE’S HEAD. THERE’S ALSO THE Sup Forums BOARD’S NIHILISTIC OUTLOOK, WHICH IS DEFTLY WOVEN INTO THEIR CHARACTERISATION- THEIR PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY DRAWS HEAVILY FROM NARODNAYA VOLYA LITERATURE, FOR INSTANCE. THE SHITPOTERS UNDERSTAND THIS STUFF; THEY HAVE THE INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY TO TRULY APPRECIATE THE DEPTHS OF THESE POSTS, TO REALISE THAT THEY’RE NOT JUST FUNNY- THEY SAY SOMETHING DEEP ABOUT LIFE. AS A CONSEQUENCE PEOPLE WHO DISLIKE Sup Forums TRULY ARE IDIOTS- OF COURSE THEY WOULDN’T APPRECIATE, FOR INSTANCE, THE HUMOUR IN Sup Forums’S OFT REPEATED “YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE IN HER SLEEP,” WHICH ITSELF IS A CRYPTIC REFERENCE TO FREUD’S OBSERVATION ON THE OEDIPUS COMPLEX. I’M SMIRKING RIGHT NOW JUST IMAGINING ONE OF THOSE ADDLEPATED SIMPLETONS SCRATCHING THEIR HEADS IN CONFUSION AS THE Sup Forums BOARD’S GENIUS WIT UNFOLDS ITSELF ON THEIR COMPUTER SCREENS. WHAT FOOLS.. HOW I PITY THEM.

AND YES, BY THE WAY, I DO HAVE A PEPE THE FROG TATTOO. AND NO, YOU CANNOT SEE IT. IT’S FOR THE LADIES’ EYES ONLY- AND EVEN THEN THEY HAVE TO DEMONSTRATE THAT THEY’RE WITHIN 5 IQ POINTS OF MY OWN (PREFERABLY LOWER) BEFOREHAND.

Also the villians were shit tier. One just wanted money (BORING AF), the other was a terminator, complete and utter bollocks.

shut the fuck up

I felt that alot. The whole "oh look people are calling him a tin can" thing was so forced. The whole AI gf thing was forced and didnt amount to anything. The whole resistance thing got a good 2 mins of screentime. What was this film even supposed to be?

Did someone get their fee-fees hurt? ;(

I don't know that I agree with you. The Replicants in 2049 seem to believe themselves to be (objectively) superior to humans now that they've realized they can reproduce.

Without children there is no reason to care about their futures.

b-but it's kino!

>tfw Fallout 4 somehow manages to be a better Blade Runner sequel than 2049

It wasn't about money, he was already the richest fucker in the world having 'saved' humanity with bio-farming and buying up the Tyrell corp assets. You seem to have forgotten his speech about owning the stars as a race.

The terminator chick was actually just looking for approval from daddy, a very human behavior.

Come on then OP. What is a good film ? This one didn't give a fuck of being 3 hours of visual brilliance with a main character constantly looking for a sense of real purpose of being human .

It smashed it out the park . The final fight in the water was better than any fight scene I've seen in any modern film.

>no

I've falln asleep in a nightclub before. Woke up to find security asking me to leave

They couldnt reproduce. Thats why the bad guy wanted to get his hands on the kid so bad. He wanted to make reproducing replicants himself that would lead to the fat wonga profit. And the replicants didnt see themselves as superior, they were shown as oppressed the whole film.

Search your feelings.
You know it to be true.

Are you narcoleptic?

Niggah you tripping? The final fight scene was the most boring thing I saw in my shitty life. No one goes for the kill, bitch with 2 knives doesn´t do fuck, no one tries to confirm the kill, both survive a shit ton of wounds and so on. Pictures with the ocen were the only thing holding me back from leaving the cinema.

the AI girl was looked down on by the replicants as not real even though what K felt for her and what she supposedly felt for him was real

if you can't buy into the relationship between her and K then I can understand why you'd overlook that

Soon as I saw Ryan Gosling on the trailer I went “NOPE, not gonna happen”
That guy has facial paralysis.

So same as the old one. No surprise there.

A slave can feel superior to its master, I don't follow that line of logic

Joshi even gave voice to the fears of normal humans by recognizing that the world they lived in would be destroyed by the information that Replicants are possible of reproducing

the only thing I'm unclear about is whether Deckard was himself a Replicant. Before the sequel came out it was suggested that he was and Chew even said something about him being 'designed to fall for Rachel' as if they were designed by Tyrell to reproduce

>most boring thing I saw in my shitty life.
Still hangs around though to tell everyone about it ? Cool man .

If they actually decided what the hell they wanted the film to be it could have worked. If they focused on the replicants looking down on AI like the humans did to them it could have lead to a great film with plenty of conflict to be explored. But their "love" just wasnt explored enough and it didnt feel genuine. He didnt even change after her death, didnt even have a reaction, just "meh" *partially sad face

>meh *partially sad face

We are talking about Ryan Gosling here

I saw it at an Alamo Drafthouse where they show weird TV ads and shorts before the movie and they had this whole short film called "Ryan Gosling's Acting Range" which was an extended joke about his ability to act (or not)

I feel bad for your friends (if you have any) :(

Replicants are not capable of reproducing. Only rachel was. Could you imagine all the pleasure models if they could reproduce.

My mate agreed with me lol. We were talking about how frustrating it was all the way home.

ok here's Ryan Gosling's acting range:

youtube.com/watch?v=pqs7857hksM

The entire point of the original is that Deckard's humanity is questioned. Most of the scenes in that film nod towards this question. Which in turn brings about the overarching question of a replicants humanity to the audience.

That's exactly right. I LOVE the original Blade Runner. Roy's death scene was the best part of the movie.

I had a roommate that hated it because it was BING BAM BOOM enough. He was a literal apeman though so I was not surprised.

Remakes and follow ups are usually shit. Road Warrior is one of the greatest movies of all time. That Fury Road mess was one of the worst.

Jesus Christ are you actually retarded?? This one doesn't give you stuff to think about? There's so much depth and a tonne of small things that they hint at and details to the world. There's more to think about in this film than in the last one. No one topic is as iconic as "Is he a replicant" but this one poses a lot more questions.

Every scene roy is in is so tense. I love most of rachel/deckards scenes "You know that Voight-Kampff test of yours? Did you ever take that test yourself?"

What is the overarching theme? Tell me.

Haven't seen the new one dude so you're just chasing your tail. GG

Sorry fair play. This one is good and worth a watch, particularly in cinema for the score and environment even if you don't like the plot. The visuals and sound are both stunning. Similar to the OG but really manages to expand on it without ruining the mystery.

The overarching theme is all about love. A lot of people get it twisted and think its about reproduction, or reproducing making you 'human', but its really about love and sacrifice, free will and humanity

>There were multiple layers of 'what is a person'

I counted five variants of "human", compared to two in the original.

The people ITT who claim there's less to think about must not have had any body tell them yet what there is to think about.

all about love? LMFAO so awful

>Chew even said something about him being 'designed to fall for Rachel' as if they were designed by Tyrell to reproduce

Is he telling the truth here, though?

The new one maintains the ambiguity about Deckard. They neither confirm nor deny.

>acting school class
>film shown
>old man's face
>cuts to happy scenery
>back to old man's face
>cuts to lonely scene, scary scene, violent scene, epic scene, etc
The audience projects emotions onto a blank face, it's a good trick. The face is the same but the scenery sets you up to project the emotions you think are suitable, that way a deadpan actor looks like they are doing the right thing to a wide range of people.
Maybe you're autistic and need emotional subtitles in all caps.

I believe it is meant to be true that they're designed to meet. I think its quite clear that Deckards a replicant here.

If it isn't a lie these a really interesting second question: did Tyrell manufacture the rebellion of the Nexus 6 group to cause this meeting?

Yeah he's autistic man, don't waste your time on him

>then there's the bidness of no bidness at all
>synth track
my fucken sides

Deckard's just being manipulated in that scene. The rich guy would say anything, true or not, to get what he wanted out of him. Can't take anything he say as true, or as false. True and false are irrelevant categories right then. All that matters is power.

Some people just don't get Dick.