Ask a cop thread

Ask a cop thread.

preferred less lethal?

Why a cop? You guys are hated by everyone

>posing in horseface
that shit's, like, SUPER speciesist

Aren't yo afraid of accidentally killing a nigger and getting fired?

How many drop weapons do you have?

>implying niggers get "accidentally" killed

Have you ever beaten up a black man for fun?

How about if you had to?

Because he's the hero America deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so we'll hunt him. Because he can take it, because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight.

>Edgy teen thinks his facebook feed qualifies as "everyone"

I'd be a cop.. but where I live that pretty much means entering a corrupt force handled by narcs and getting killed if you actually want to do good.

Are you Bojack? Horseman, obviously.

Nope, not even close.
Only by edgy teenagers, niggers who want free reign to rape and steal, and SJW faggots with no perception of reality.
Real people, you know, adults who actually contribute to society, quite like cops. The fact that I can go to work, and not worry too much about whether my wife is being raped, and my shit being taken while I'm gone is pretty great.

It's really situational, the baton and TASER are designed to work at different distances and compliment each other well. I've pulled my TASER more than my baton on people, and baton more than TASER on dogs. I don't have OC on my belt, fuck that stuff.

I enjoy what I do when I get to do what I'm supposed to be doing. A lot more people like us, or at least say they do to our faces, than don't, vocal minority/silent majority.

I apologize if I triggered you.

It's pretty fucking hard to accidentally kill someone so no I don't worry about it.

Anything can be a drop weapon when you understand deadly force.

No.
>How about if you had to?
..if I had to beat up a black man for fun? What?

I suppose there's a little reality in that, we didn't sign up to be loved, we're not firefighters.

Move, I did.

I am not, a sad imitation.

No questions from me - just a thankyou and a hug

I appreciate y'all coming out and making my previous point.

I posted While it was in jest, I was also half serious. I do the same thing you do, so I kinda feel that way sometimes.

I remember you. You're a good guy.

YOUUUUU GAAAAAAYYYY!

You don't want me to move to your country I'm pretty sure lol

ACAB
I hope you get molotov'd, little kapo

Have you ever beaten up a black man in the line of duty and was it satisfying?

Have you arrested a lot of animals?

I'm guessing I remember you too.

From where to where?

Love you too.

No, I haven't.

A few dogs actually, yeah. Shit's not even my job but Animal Control isn't a 24 hour service.

what % of cops are genuine good guys and what percentage are abusive/unethical?

where is the best place in my car to hide marijuana that cops never check? asking for a research paper.

how do you go about reporting a parole/probation violation if you have to know the name of the P.O.? Obviously, the person won't tell you.

I ask because I have a patient who is a really shitty person. Does coke, brags about faking UDS for his/her P.O., admitted to doing other drugs, robbing a few places, and scamming people.
Local Baltimore PD just suggested telling the PO, and suggested I mind my own business.

The patient could use some time in jail rather than never really having a consequence for their behavior. Therapy hasn't helped (been in therapy for 20+ years from different people.

Have you ever shot someone in the line of duty?

How old are you?

Well, Mexico. Basically to any country where the police force isn't AS corrupt.
U.S, Canada.. But I'm very anti-illegal immigration.

Worst crime you have arrested someone for?

Did you have to watch gruesome videos in your training?

Have you try being a private DETECTIVE?

Probably 97ish percent are good dudes doing good work. There are some assholes that while abusive and/or unethical, still work within the confines of the law. There is a VERY small contigent that I've seen, far less than 1%, that breaks the damn law and they need to go to prison.

Don't give me a reason or permission to search your car, that's the best way.

What's your profession? It sounds like your telling anyone what they tell you would be a breach of a code of conduct. If it's not, yeah tell the PO, they're the one that can violate the person.

I have not, I'm in my thirties.

All I'd say is start the process now and do your best to make it legally. You'll never get a cop job as an illegal anyway.

Got a murderer once, got several agg assault actors, never arrested a rapist or robber, arrested several burglars and thieves.

We did, mostly watching cops get killed and then watching some interviews with child molesters/abusers to learn about officer safety and interview/interrogation.

No, I've run in to a couple of them though.

Have you ever had to stop a mini Columbine?

the only people who like cops are the ones who are white and never have to deal with the cops.
I personally think having a cop around does little in the way deterring crime.
In example, My mother was robbed. Had jewerly stolen, silverware, all kinds of shit. Cops handed her a form and took a report and did nothing. My mother found half her shit in a pond shop down the street. The cops still did nothing until my mother got a fucking attorney to bitch the DA and police chief. Only then did anything get done.
Im of the belief the best protection is the one you give your self. Criminals, will rape, steel and murder regardless of the cops. Cops only show up after the crime has been committed. They essentially play clean up after the fact.

What's the most satisfying thing you've ever done as a cop?

a humble request, if you ever have the chance please shoot a nigger.

thanks.

Aren't you guys afraid of getting killed by BLM or Antifa? Do you guys ignore the news and not even talk about it?

Do you steal peoples property under threat of violence?

Is there a duty you despise doing? Like banquet stand bys, security at special events?

Medical. If they are a harm to others or themselves. I'm supposed to notify someone.

Patient has been begging the dr/clinic to write a note to their PO stating they are complaint and clean, despite every single UDS we do (weekly) showing cocaine, heroin, meds that aren't Rx'd, and the patient even sold their kids to someone to go on vacation, buy coke, and get a new car....

I have no way to get their P.O.'s info. Pt won't say, and the detective i talked to about them selling their kids said it would be too much work to track down and deal with to be done.

What's the weirdest charge you've arrested somebody under?

What did you expect the police to do in this situation? Your mom has jewelry and silverware stolen, there are no leads, and you expect the police to do.... what exactly? Put out a fucking search party in a 10 mile radius for some fucking forks and spoons?

Why are you wearing a horse mask and not a pig?

No, I've trained for it quite a bit and I've responded to active shooter calls but it's never been legit.

Your mother was burgled, unless she happens to carry silverware with her. Standard burglary response is taking the report with a detailed list of what's taken, looking for prints/blood, and leaving. Unless it JUST happened there's nothing else to do right then. Your mom may have found her stuff at a pawn shop down the street, but if it's not serialized or unique in nature it's pretty hard to go take it back. The rest I don't know about except I agree the best protection you can have is the protection you provide yourself. We do essentially clean up after the fact because we can't be everywhere at once.

There is a certain primal joy to doing some research, hunting someone, staking it out, and getting a really bad guy.

We're generally aware of the news, though I don't pay much attention to it. It doesn't matter much, all of us (should) go to every contact understanding that someone may try to kill us.

I personally haven't, but I've participated in operations that have. They're called warrants and seizures.

Nah those are great, overtime for almost no work. I don't like doing traffic, and I don't like going to calls that aren't police-related.

You can simply go to your local parole office or maybe even police department and ask, they'll tell you.

What's your 1.5 mile?

Would you ever want to make Detective, get promoted to SWAT or be something other than a beat cop?

The one that's coming to mind is an indecency with a child case (guy would walk around a convenience store, get in an aisle with a kid in it, and whip his junk out and start jerking off). I know there's a weirder one but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

>rimshot

Fucking awful. Last one I ran was maybe 14 minutes.

Yeah, not detective because it's boring as shit, but I'd like to make it to a specialized unit.

>I personally haven't, but I've participated in operations that have. They're called warrants and seizures.

Do you feel justified in doing this?

>Don't give me a reason or permission to search your car, that's the best way
Yea, thats funny..you'll just make up a reason.
That happen to friend of mine, fucking state trooper pulled him and his buddies over for a simple speeding violation, they admitted they were coming back from a concert and because my boy was sleeping in the back seat he said that was "suspicious" and brought out drug dogs and hand cuffed everyone and put them at the side of the road.
Long story short they found a dime bag size of weed in his jacket that he put in the trunk and totally forgot he had. That was it...they were trying to give him 3 years for a fucking dime bag. Talk about hard up. Anyway, during trial, the cop got caught lying on his report so the judge threw out the search, and my boy got off with a warning. Dont you guys have anything better to do except bust kids doing nothing? To me that sounds like someone who got laughed at in the boys shower in high school.

>Promoted to SWAT
Does this happen? That's a totally different thing with a different skillset.
Promoting a beat cop to SWAT is like promoting a garbageman to civil engineer or something.

What's good in your opinion? None of my friends run, I'm at 12 mins rn so I'm not too sure what's actually good.

They arent people, they dont have lives so they ruin everyone elses

How do you get into SWAT then, Linus?

I'm not a big fan of it, it's legal but I don't think it should be. Y'all need to change the laws.

If we make something up it'll get thrown out in court. If we bring a dog and it hits we didn't make that up, that's legit PC.

It's actually not a promotion for most departments, it's lateral. Where do you think the SWAT guys come from?

12's good, 9's great. I'm not a runner and I'll likely never hit either of those numbers.

you're a special kind of stupid arent you, they could have easily checked those pawn shops. Thats text book investigation. Keep in mind this is a predominately white neighborhood with very few niggers to be causing so many problems that they couldnt send and officer to check the local pawn shops within 5 mile radius of the property. Secondly, when my mother basically did their fucking job for them, and found out who stole her shit and pawned it they still did nothing. it was only did the DA screamed at the police chief did these cops get off their fat donuts eating asses and did something.

Do you have any idea how many burglaries happen every day? If the responding officer did that for every one you'd be waiting a week for us to show up to your burglary call.

My old man, 76, watches cops every night. He loves it, seen every episode of every season. He think you guys have the best bullshit detectors on earth. He will go on and on about this episode the cop found this and that and the other thing just by watching body language of the nigger or spic. I watch the same episode and im like, Well ya, that guy is a fucking thug, of course he has a bag of weed and pills in his car somewhere.

My question is when do you get to make the "legal determination" to do a search or call a drug dog if you smell no weed, driver is pulled over for nothing more than a traffic stop but his record shows after running his license that he has been arrested for drug possession charges in the past. Is that enough PC to pull em out and pat'em down?

>literally, straight up breaking the law
>"he din do nuffin, fukk cops!!!1!!"
Sucks the cop got caught lying

I can call a dog on anything, a dog sniff is not legally a search under the forth amendment. I can also pull anyone out of a car if I have them detained, for any reason, or no reason. To pat someone down I have to have some reasonable suspicion that their armed. The interesting thing about probable cause is it's based on your training and experience. So, a 20 year narcotics officer can develop PC a lot faster and on a lot less than a first year patrol officer. So it varies, we actually get a LOT on consent alone.

That is FUCKED up.

Swat is a military style outfit and should be mostly hired out of the military. Let them get all their fuckups out on foreign soil before they come back and start doing that shit in the states.

Lateral? Jesus at least tell me there are years of training. Think of a front-line soldier, and think of the time and training it takes from when he first gets dropped off in basic to when he starts kicking doors on sandpeople. It needs to be at least that hard when it comes to doing that here in the US.

>pond shop

You genuinely had me confused by your original post, but none the less....

You think cops even in nice neighborhoods aren't busy? Beat cops aren't the detectives you see in movies trying to crack the case, bud. It's NOT text book for a beat cop to search pawn shops in a 5 mile radius for some fucking silverware that was stolen from your mother.

>Be me, a beat cop
>Go to call for theft
>Arrive at the home. Mother greets me at the door, I notice an autistic child in the background. Feels bad man
>Take her report. What did they steal from you ma'am?
>they took my dang ol' silverware, forks and spoons I tell you, got dang niggers I tell you what
>O... ok ma'am. Well, if anything turns up we'll let you know.
>Aren't you going to search the pawn shops in a 5 mile radius for my wooden forks and aluminum spoons?! what the hell are we paying you people for?!
>I'm sorry ma'am, I have a domestic violence case, a rape, and a burnt baby I have to go attend to. Usually in these cases nothing turns up, and it's highly unlikely that someone would pawn your silverware that is worth less than the metal it was made with.
>OH YEAH FUKKIN PIGS DONT EVEN DO ANYTHING LOL CAN'T EVEN RECOVER SILVERWARE COPS ARE GOOD FOR NOTHING

>you

>If we make something up it'll get thrown out in court. If we bring a dog and it hits we didn't make that up, that's legit PC.
Well you can ask that trooper, year later he lost his job for doing the same shit to someone else.
There were other things too, apparently there was a quota issue with that station so other troopers got fired. Union still made it all about everyone else and not the assholes rigging reports to support probable cause drug searches. Now every state trooper has to wear body cams.
Now if the honest cops had reported that the were being forced to make these stops due to illegal quotas they wouldnt have all lost their jobs or be baby sat.

Have you ever smoked pot that you confiscated?

What part?

I think you overestimate how long your standard infantryman actually trains before being deployable. SWAT is NOT a military-style outfit and you do NOT want fresh from combat military people in it. The rules are extremely different. It takes about a year for a new SWAT guy to be ready to roll on my department, the schools are very short but there's a LOT of on the job training.

..Kinda this.

I do agree with you that cops should report cops breaking the law, it's the only way to uphold the public trust.

No.

do you consider yourself part of a gang?

again making my point, "probable cause" Can be anything. Look at a cop wrong and he'll search your shit and make up some dumb shit in a report to get away with it

No.

PC can be anything, but the officer has to be able to articulate it, in front of a magistrate, for it to stand up. If they can't convince the judge it's all garbage anyway.

Calling a dog for a traffic stop when you cant detect any drugs but suspect it from a record check. Creating PC from anything you deem justifiable at that particular moment. The whole scenario really. Granted, I am glad that you can pull that nigger outta the car and shake'em down and shake'em up but damn it kinda makes ya think just how safe you really are when the black and white flips a bitch and lights you up.

I am the dude who was rescued by cops when I was 9

Our legal system puts pretty much everything on the judges, too much in my opinion but that's how it is. Without overhauling the entire judiciary system I don't see anything changing. How would you have PC reached?

Yeah I thought so, welcome back.

>standard infantryman
I was thinking more special operations, someone using comparable tactics. And the goal was training plus an acceptable level of experience.

>rules are different
yeah, you need someone who will shoot exactly when they need to. Not more, not less. I'll grant that some PTSD'd out killing machine may not be great for this role.

>A year before they're ready to roll
If it's a hard year with a lot of varied experience I'm more okay with it.

cops have a tribal mentality that is gang like. Its in their brain since the academy.
Its not that they are racist, cops pretty much hate everyone but other cops. Its not uncommon for black and white cops will tell each other nigger jokes. They think they are better then everyone else, they all peaked in high school and could never handle college.

I hate asians but I leave for honolulu in only three days. please help.

Thanks Sir. I'm usually lurking most of the time

Short of shooting your taxes through the roof you're not going to get more than what you've got, training is expensive as hell and it's not sexy on paper, there's nothing tangible to show for it. We have to fight and scrape for any training we get, even if it's free, just getting the time off to go do it can be a problem.

I was with you for a minute. Actually the best black joke ever told to me was by a black cop, it's so bad I could never repeat it. I wouldn't say we think we're better than everyone else, but we definitely have trouble trusting everyone else.

Bullshit, you said that a day ago, it should be two days now.

I promise if you shoot a nigger and i get stuck on you or any other officers jury i will never vote you guilty. I love you and what you do keep up the great work.

you have to help me.

Can you describe the setting and smell of the worst deceased scene you have come across.

How do you resist taunting or beating up those annoying protesters who spend hours calling you facist pig etc. only to cry about police brutality as soon as they get pushed slightly?

>pond shop

What are local cops technological capabilities? i.e. what sort of forensic software do they have? What operating system do they run in the police station?

Great question!

How do you feel about ?

Why do bodycams only have "malfunctions" when cops do something they shouldn't have?

maybe we need less SWAT teams then. Maybe having a goddamn special military unit, fully outfitted in every town in America isn't a good idea, but it's more "sexy on paper" than actually training them

Thank you. Hopefully we get some answers!

was this meant as a rply to ?
lol

>Can you describe the setting and smell of the worst deceased scene you have come across.

River bodies are always the worst, nothing smells like a dead body in general but a river body is something else entirely.

>How do you resist taunting or beating up those annoying protesters who spend hours calling you facist pig etc. only to cry about police brutality as soon as they get pushed slightly?

I've actually been trained in mobile field force operations, extrication, and planning. When you realize what those particular people are after (a lawsuit) it's easier to ignore them, it's just business. If someone on the line is starting to get agitated they can give a signal and get relieved to cool down.

It is a great question actually. I can't actually answer it, I'm a patrol officer. I know some of our forensic capabilities but not software specifics. And to be honest I've never paid attention to the OS on our computers, it's at least Win7.

If no one's getting hurt I don't care.

I don't know, mine malfunctions all the fucking time. The wires suck, the mounts suck, they get moved, they get unplugged, they're just shit.

That'd be unconstitutional, posse comitatus.

I didn't post that.

Sorry, not unconstitutional, illegal.

why do cops have to be filmed while at work but you dont? why dont you volunteer to have everything you do all day at work filmed so jackasses that hate you so they fit in with their little group can berate you.

fuck off, you know nothing.

I AM filmed at my work you dumbass, we have security cameras everywhere. Cops have been proven time and time again that they cannot all be trusted, and the public wants to make sure they're doing their job. The public pays their salary, so we should see what they're doing. The same way that Walmart is paying their employees and want to make sure they aren't stealing from them (no I don't work at Walmart).

They seem to always function when the video on those bodycams make the cop look favourable!

Look, I get that most cops are decent people. But then minority asshole shithead power tripping fuck heads ruin it for the rest of them.

When your therapist prescribes you a stint in jail

Assuming you're from the US, are traffic cops/highway patrol seen as a pack of dipshits over there as well? I have a cousin in the Australian police and while cops there are generally well liked, the traffic division is seen as a group of nazi retards by police and civilians alike.

lol no youre not. try again.

There was that nurse who was Briefly taken into police custody reciently (released 30 min later I understand) for refusing to take blood on an unconscious person who was not under arrest. What is the general consensous among police on how the detective handled the situation? Should the nurse have been taken into custody in most officers opinion?

I count money at my job, you think my every move isn't being watched in a room with a safe and money? LOL. Even if money is missing before it even gets to me and I do everything correctly, my footage is watched several times to make sure I didn't do anything fishy. Try doing this every day.

>posse comitatus
I should have said military-style unit. I was referring to SWAT because that's what they are. And it's insane that there are as many SWAT units as there are in America, especially if they're not properly training them.

Im a peaceful person. There is something about protesters that look to instigate violence knowing that the other group cannot even scream back that pisses me off.

I once saw a cop barf when the opened a van that had a guy in it that died inside, in the middle of summer. I was standing far back when they opened it and it was horrible. I couldnt imagine almost tasting that 1-3week old body.

lol nah I wouldnt do that because that sounds like a shit job. youre basically an ant.

>Thinking tribalism is unique to cops