How do I cope with my bipolar when meds/therapy isn’t working?

How do I cope with my bipolar when meds/therapy isn’t working?

grow up and stop pretending to be a attention seeking retard.

Embrace all sides of you and respect them as their own, live

Start planning your day of retribution nigga, then you'll start finding yourself in euphoria over all they shit you're gonna do, just don't fucking mess it up like the Elliot boy, also stop being a faggot.

Wrong meds then

The duality of man

What meds are you on?

Have tried a few different ones, all seem to make my episodes more extreme, right now on seroquel

Seroquel rn, in past have tried risperdal and lamictal

You learn to live with it, like I have. You lead two lives, but working is real hard, I'm on benefits myself it's the only way really.
Basically you have a life when you're up, and effectively hibernate when you're down. I can explain how in more detail if you like?

Please. Was diagnosed at 17, 20 now and still don’t know how to cope

There are still viable optilns for you to try, talk to the doctors and see what they can come up with. There is still the option that you hve some other problem misdiagnosed as a bipolar problem, that happens fairly often because the symptoms can be same.

Initially diagnosed as depression and ended up getting switched. I do have other physical health probalems that I’m sure don’t help (hyperactive thyroid issues). Thanks user

It might not work depending on the length of your episodes, mine last 3-4 days at a time. Dealing with the ups isn't so bad, though you probably know that. All you really need to do is keep busy. Try not to plan too much in advance in case you're on a downer at the time, and make sure friends and family understand your condition and also how you're going to attempt to fit your life around it. As I said the ups aren't so bad, the trick really is handling the down time.
Set up your bedroom like a hibernation cave. Having an en suite helps massively, the only time you should really be leaving is for the toilet. Make sure you have a good amount of bottled water because it's important to keep hydrated. Block out as much light and sound as possible, it'll work better if you can't tell day from night. The aim is to sleep through as much of the downtime as you can. When you wake have a bit of water, maybe a little sugar (I find a bag of mints perfect for this) to keep yourself ticking. Sleeping will be easier because of the depression. Naturally you'll spend a lot of time thinking - keep your phone nearby and make a note of anything you want to try to remember. This is ideal for listing the things you'll want to do next time you're active. That's all I can think of top of my head, feel free to ask questions if I missed stuff.

Bless you. Biggest thing with downs for me is losing interest in everything, how do I keep focused on something long enough/not get bored and think harmful stuff? Sleeping is a good idea, I always am made to feel guilty when I sleep too much though.

By discovering value in your own life outside of what other people think.

Or just keep asking what other people think. It's easier and makes you feel like you're doing something. You won't know why you keep feeling guilty, but just ignore that

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to feel guilty, instead see it as coping, that you'll make the time up next time you're up. Losing interest when down is a huge problem for me, and one of the big reasons this works - as soon as you lose interest in something, the natural urge to sleep comes as the alternative. Having frivolous things at hand is what I do to stave off boredom, which is what I have my tablet for. So I'm only on Sup Forums during my hibernations. Hi from my bed.

Bed for me too, todays been a depressive episode for sure. I’ll also get stuck in the downs and have to find some way to pull myself up, do you have any good motivators that are universal/motivational thoughts?

You probably have a zinc deficiency. Test your zinc level with a zinc taste test.

Done every test you can think of. I have low TSH/t3/t4, but I’m getrinf seperatly treated for graves/possible pituitary rumor.

Weird as it sounds, that's another reason this works. After a while the combination of boredom, hunger and loneliness will get you up, and then you kind of end up with this "go time" frame of mind

Hunger is usually what does it for me kek.
You said something about benefits, how did you go about that? Been thinking about it anyway because it’s hard to keep a job with all the other health issues.

Have u done a zinc taste test tho? Testing zinc levels thru blood testing isn't that accurate. Testing with a zinc taste test is much more reliable.

You can buy the test on Amazon for super cheap. If you have a deficiency just take some zinc glycinate for a while

Only done blood, will try.

You might actually be deficient In a bunch of other minerals. But starting with zinc is a good place since it's easy to test. Magnesium, selenium, iodine (kelp) are pretty important too.

Good luck

Where do you live?

USA.
Bless you user

You should also exercise, develop social obligations and improve your diet.

Sorry I have no idea then, I'm in UK. Maybe try reaching out to a support charity for advice?

Excercing isn’t an option with the thyroid issues. Social is hard, live in a town of 200 people. Diet I could probably improve though.
Will try

Hang in there, everything will be fine. Just know that everyone cares about and loves you.

is that the cat killer chink?