ITT: Recommend me a fantastic book/series. I've taken a break from social media and want to extend my horizons...

ITT: Recommend me a fantastic book/series. I've taken a break from social media and want to extend my horizons. Extra cred for science fiction/good horror works, but anything goes

Pic related, I'm on the fourth book now

The Wheel of Time, probably the best books I've ever read, highly reccommended if the number of books isn't a turn-off

A Scanner Darkly, Starship Troopers, The Forever War, Neuromancer, Second Variety

This one my Droogie

read 11 of these books, so good. even got the fps pc game wer u play a female witch, forgot wat their called.

Can I ask what it's about? Sounds really interesting

I love Kubrick and I can only surmise the book would be as good as his work

Read this series twice it was so good. NOT going to see the movie tho.

The movie is absolute trash

look up "the wheel of time".

Prince of thorns by Mark lawrence

Well, that's a tough question actually, I guess you could say it's the typical good vs evil, but that doesn't cover it at all. We're talking a detailed medieval-ish world that feels absolutely real, with the story of a boy that finds that he is the reincarnation of a madman so important in the struggle against evil that the Wheel (basically fate, The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, means that everything will happen according to a plan) literally shapes the world and influences events so that he gets the chance to fight of the evil such as he did thousands of years ago. The problem arrises when it's never certain if he can actually do it, the Wheel only gives him the cance, and if it wasn't tough enough for Rand to gather all of the kingdoms under his banner (he has to conquer most of them), he also struggles with his old self reappearing at times, and this crisis of identity gets heavy at times, as the farmers boy fights for controll of his mind from a thousands-years-dead madman that wants to kill literally everyone. This doesn't cover it at all, as I've only talked about one of the about dozen of characters that has their own point-of-view, and entire books for themselves pretty much, but I've tried. If you've got a few years to spare (took me 3 years to finish the series, but then I'm in Uni, not much time for reading) I promise you will remember these books.

I read these. I liked them. Not your typical style. Reminds me of Conan.

Lolita, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Definitely journey to the west. If you want a lengthy kick ass, thoughtful and beautiful story this is it. Also you can just read the first half and leave it there if you want.

There's an entire chapter dedicated to one of the characters fighting all the planets in the solar system. It's great.

Provided you can get past that the first one is basically a LotR rip-off, but the rest are good, especially the last 4, so good

Rand trades bodies with a bad dude at the end.

The Stormlight Archives. new book coming out soon! Hyped.

>Watched BL, thinks DoES is anything like it

I don't know what that means

If you're on the fourth book now, do yourself a favor abd stop. I got to about the sixth and they just keep getting worse. The whole series probably leads to another Stephen King piss take of an ending.

> Michael Moore Cock
> Elric of manyboner

This shit sounds gay...

Be ready for the most bullshit ending.
The only good thing about the fourth book was the whole history of Roland. How it started and how it was capped was crap.

What else do you like? If you like King, put down the Dark Tower series and pick up anything he has written with a 'suspense' tag. Thats where he shines.

Codex Alera Series - It’s a great mix between science fantasy and The last air bender. I couldn’t put this series down.

Old Mans War - This is futuristic, space, fighting aliens for the good of human kind with good twist and amazing descriptions of future tech.

Star Carrier Series - this is a futuristic book about humans as they approach the singularity and aliens who don’t want us to get there. He is probably one of the most creative space batttle writers I’ve read so far.

Alastair Reynolds has many sci-fi books that I have enjoyed.

Jack McDevitt writes a series about Alex Benedict. Basically a futuristic treasure hunter. These books are amazing written as well.

Diaspora or Schild's Ladder by Greg Egan. Some of the best modern SF out there.

I'm in love with his works although I've read hardly any of them. If I can give you an idea, my favourite film is 2001: A Space Odyssey, so that kind of shit is exciting af. But I love all kinds of genres. In all honesty I'm in a science mood lately, been reading up on quantum physics a lot recently.

Is Sci-Fi all you nerds read?