Official Metal thread. Post what you currently listen to. Post what you reccomend

Official Metal thread. Post what you currently listen to. Post what you reccomend.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7yguSkVd2rk
youtube.com/watch?v=mxnFrz4dmGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Neurosis. Probably the greatest band on Earth.

The only thing that comes close to Neurosis is this EP by YOB, which was put out on Neurosis's label.

'Clearing the Path to Ascend' by YOB and 'A Sun that Never Sets' by Neurosis may be the only records I need.

Some old good Thrash Metal by Overkill

Urfaust is a really good band. If you like that kind of bm. Try the "Geist ist Teufel" album.

excellent album
Jesu Todt is truely his best song
youtube.com/watch?v=7yguSkVd2rk

Yeah, they're pretty good. Seen them a couple of times, they come from my local scene.

I agree

Jesus Tod is amazing, hypnotizing, Det Som En Gang Var is on the same level though.

good old thrash metal

People who claim to like Burzum who were not like, 19 in 1993 and living in one of three towns in Scandinavia are pretty much the OG edgelord/poser/hipster fags.

What is there actually to like about this 'band'? Pretty much the most boring and amateurish compositions, playing and recording there has ever been - and no, not even remotely heavy. Just tinny and lame and annoying. Same goes for just about every original BM band - just lame music from whatever way you look at it.

People pretty much just say they're into Burzum to say they're into Burzum because edge.

Nice try

great taste user

The only person who thinks Burzum is edgy seems to be you.

Let people enjoy things.

>What is there actually to like about this 'band'? Pretty much the most boring and amateurish compositions, playing and recording there has ever been
basically the point of it
it's a death metal counter movement, it has what you seek

Not trolling. Just correct, and you know it. If you can actually sit through an entire Burzum or Mayhem album and not become just totally bored and/or cringe at least once because of the terrible, terrible fucking playing - you are either a retard or, you know; you're actually in Mayhem or Burzum.

the skull 1 from the right

you must rock at parties

listening now for the first time. great stuff

Bon Jovi - new jersey

I prefer Times of Grace.. but yes... INCREDIBLE band.

The last record (Kodama) by Alcest is also fucking phenomenal.

>>death metal counter movement

wut? they weren't 'counter' anything. black metal was basically cooked up by like, 5 losers in Norway and Sweden and because the population of those countries could comfortably fit into an aircraft hanger - they could legitimately call the pathetic little followings these lame-ass bands had a 'scene.'

No one outside of those countries would've given a shit and certainly no one would be talking about these bands in 2017 if it weren't for the church burnings and murders.

It's just objectively crap music. And you know it.

I’m a big fan of Arjen, so I’ve listened to pretty much all his work (Except for his time in his first band but he mostly did guitar on it from what I remember.). It’s been this and Guilt Machine I’ve done a lot of listing to recently.

Take your meds fantano

Times of Grace is an incredible record and it was my kinda 'gateway' to realizing how monumental this band was, but I honestly think every successive thing they've done has been a maturing and a development on the last thing.

Literally no weak spots. The only record I'd *maybe* skip is The Eye of Every Storm.

Besides that, yeah - this band is pretty much untouchable.

Looks fag

There are some great songs from both bands on this split.

Give it time and attention and, if you're like me, after about the third playthrough this record will be able to practically bring you to your knees.

New origin lp

seriously some of the best Doom/Blues ive ever heard

The fact they released an instrumental mix of this record means there's actually a Mastodon record I can enjoy.
Every time I give the regular mix a try it comes as a huge disappointment.

youtube.com/watch?v=mxnFrz4dmGY

Especially the last song

Agreed mostly. But, at the same time there is value in what they did. The raw and primal/shit sound has it's appeal.

I’ve been looking for more doom stuff, I have Earth as my go to stuff but I definately need more. Found this band a while ago and I liked it, I’m gonna give this one a listen to now.

Modern blackmetal is very good and very musical.

The Devil and the Almighty Blues are fantastic, every song is incredibly thick and catchy and fucking heavy but has that blues groove to it, my personal fave is "Never Darken my Door" and "Root to Root"

Yeah it's not my bag but I couldn't argue the bands that do this stuff now haven't actually applied some craft to it. I don't like it but whatever...

Original Burzum and Mayhem though? No man. No. They totally sound like high-school bands. Not just a little bit - *exactly* like a teenagers first attempt at a metal band - and for a bunch of stupid reasons people still talk about them in 20 fucking 17. It's a joke.

And that's not to say I've got anything against very young kids bands - Minor Threat were incredible and they were all 18-19 at the time. No one in Slint was over the age of 20 by the time they broke up and they were amazing. But yeah - they didn't kill anyone so they don't have massive edgelord cache.