How do I stop being scared of not existing?

how do I stop being scared of not existing?

learn about reincarnation

take medication and seek therapy. it's what i do.
drinking never stopped my existential dread, but controlling my anxiety and depression is making it better

You can't.
I still fear Nothingness as well.

That's a silly fear

Realize you did it for billions of years before you were born and learn to appreciate what you got..

You should be afraid. Afraid of being truly, alone.
If you’re not here on this earth, then no one else is. You are eternally alone. Forever. It may seem like you’re alone now, but do me a favor and think about that for just a couple of minutes. Nobody, and no how, and I mean NOTHING in existence will be able to satisfy you. You won’t feel a thing.
Because you are dead.
So don’t give up, keep on living, and keep your head held high. People care about you. You just need to be more open minded and see it. Go see the world and what it has to offer you.

You already stopped existing years ago. Do you think you are, now, who you were only five years ago? A decade? Everything about who you are is a consequence of something that happened before, and how those experiences were reported to, and interpreted by, your brain. We are the sum of our parts and how those parts experience the universe, and anyone telling you otherwise is selling wishful thinking.

You're afraid of becoming nothing? Well, you never were, and you never will be. Every atom and element in your body was forged in the heart of a dying star. The colossal pressures at work, that cacophonous detonation, made the calcium in your bones, the iron in your blood; you are now because something else stopped being.

You are a particular instantiation of something that has existed since the dawn of time and you will, when your body dies, disintegrate and become a part of something new and different.

You never really end.

You just change shape.

Fear nothing, because there is nothing to be afraid of.

trade lives with me
you'll be begging for your existence to cease1

The Abyss is something to fear.
I've died before. It took a fuck ton of medication and a couple attempts with a variety of nooses, but I died.
I remember the nothingness beyond. DON'T GO. The nothingness is cruel and boring.

Learn what not existing means. If you die and fall to the void it won't matter. You won't have emotions to give a shit

I bet you’re an atheist

Atheism is still a thing?

not having emotions is part of the fear

Your fear is an emotion too, it will take that away from you as well

if you stop existing, there is no pain, no emotion, no fears to have.

of course, but the realization that it will stop is the fear.
it's all based in anxiety, which is the anticipation of something.
anticipation of nothing while being something is scary.

Learn basic meditation:

-find a comfortable position
-breath deeply
-concentrate on your breathing
-when your mind wanders, it will, don’t worry about it, just gently bring your attention back to your breathing

Once you get good at it, you’ll start to feel a stillness that is, arguably, able to slightly approximate the feeling of non-existence.

It’s not bad really.

Maybe
Depends
Are you?

I don't know my man. The only consolation I have is it is inevitable and billions of humans have had to go through this shit before me.

Pretty sure after you die it's like not being born, which wasn't so bad. I was fine for eons not being in existence.

there are worst things than not existing

So don't think about it? Live your life to the fullest but then deal with all that anxiety during your last moments. Because I hear you stop feeling anxious when you start to drift away to the great unkown

"Try to imagine what it will be like to go to sleep and never wake up. Now try to imagine what it was like to wake up having never gone to sleep." -- Alan Watts

i can't speak for OP but i have OCD with intrusive thoughts alongside an anxiety disorder.
i cannot prevent myself from thinking about things like this.

You weren't scared of how it was before you were born, dumbass. Why fear what's it like after you die?

I'm a christian who doesn't believe in an afterlife
Basically I believe that God exists but doesn't care

Not OP but this made me feel better.

That’s called being a Deist.

This

try to keep your mind buzy with something else.
I made all my depression and anxiety go away just by filling my day with stuff to do like friends, exercise, trading etc.

Think about you felt in 1776. Same thing for death...

Well for you I'd suggest getting more interested in the human mind and the things it does to baffle scientists. Especially DMT, that shit is weird on different levels

But after listening to Jordan Peterson's lectures I kinda understand the morals and values behind Christianity.

you kill yourself no fear buddy :)

Deist cared though. It wasn't like agnostic, "hey maybe there's a good." There WAS a good. It's just non-denominational religion, though that God in America was the Abrahamic one.

The Founders were deists and they argued that our rights are inalienable, because they come from our Creator.

God* not good* fuck my shit-ass brain-finger interface

Chug this

This fucking guy

yeh..
I wanna die

>You can't
That's a lie.