youtube.com/channel/UCqMLGyzBt5zkPqCLrF5l10Q/videos
youtube.com/user/aquarianrealm/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCmFh2l5P3ah_3gvWjkiD77w/videos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oof uhhhhh...OP? you aren't...serious...are you? hehehe

>le thank u utube 4 recommending me this OBSCURE album xDDD
-core

Great album

Very good taste, my gentlesires. Some of you may have heard of this underrated gem.

How do I into jazz?

post yours faggots

finally this meme is dying thank god

>muh shitty average nip jazz

pic related is the comfiest jazz album I've ever heard

this one's great too

honestly some of the most boring piano playing i've heard in my life

not jazz but this is incredible piano playing

Coltrane - My Favorite Things and Love Supreme
Miroslav Vitous - Infinite Search
Aleksander Rjabov & Synthesis - Dialoogid
Laco Deczi & The Cellula Quintet - Pietoso

If you really wanna listen to jap piano Jazz, listen to Shoji Aketagawa - Shudan Seikatsu instead of the fucking meme album.

that album is so fucking boring

good choice

you start with ellington uptown, moanin', blue train, kind of blue and mingus ah um

>listens to Sup Forums "essential jazz" chart once

even though its reddit, its still a good album

guys even though a jazz album is popular and overated doesnt mean its a bad album, they got popular for a reason.

It shouldn't be anyone's favorite jazz album, though. Because if it is, it shows that you just b frontin wit ur taste, really.

what said, it's not very exciting, it just has a pretty album cover and is in gook language

fuck off with this meme, many, many albums posted here are very popular and no one is criticizing them

this is good

This is the best popular Japanese """obscure""" Jazz album imo
youtube.com/watch?v=spH_3GV6YsY

I can't pick one, but often it's usually one of these five.

These are all great picks as well.

>being this new
>not realising Sup Forums was all over this around 2-3 years ago

fuck off pretentious newfags

This

This is a fucking terrible thread. It's obvious none of you listen to jazz seriously. All I see is the same 10 jazz albums posted on this board. Just go back to hip hop you faggots.

/thread

Not op, but noted

Not only my fav jazz album, but probably my fav album of all time.

This, Aquatic, Drive By and Hanging Gardens are all contenders honestly

Not trying to put u but do you have rym? I'd be interested to see other shit you're into. for recs

>very limited amount of improvisation with non-existent amounts of melodic/harmonic development to make up for it
>simplified grooves that take away any of the more subtle/dynamic aspects of jazz drumming (even though many examples in jazz show you can have both)
>large set of instrumentation that weaves in/out parts like a first year music school kiddie who just learned the basics instead of being more creative
>a "variety" of different parts that play too close together instead of being more syncopated, thus not being taken full advantage of to create dance rhythms nor actual depth/complexity

It's literally outdated (even at the time), cliche dance music with no depth. The 60s equivalent of The Epic but not as bloated. Note how this album wasn't even that highly acclaimed when it came out; Downbeat gave it a 4/5 when just about any relatively decent record can nab a 5/5 from them (so don't give "le most acclaimed" garbage either). The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady didn't get praise until later by people who hadn't listened to more than a handful of jazz records and were too casual to fully digest the more intricate improvisations in real jazz music but also couldn't handle the depth in compositions of classical music.

Adam's Apple by Wayne Shorter

No problem, if you want to dive in deeper, take a look at Aketagawa's discog page. He's got a lot of colab albums with good japanese jazz/country musicians (like Kan Mikami/ youtube.com/watch?v=dMCQhJSzzFs is one their best albums and used to get reccd on here occassionally). Plenty of good albums and artists to find.

Sadly no, sorry dude. But if you wanna spec some shit I'll give a couple of yt accounts to dic in where I found lots of stuff.

These two above all for Jazz and experimental stuff. Funked Up East might be my favorite youtube channel simply because it gives you a huge insight into Soviet music that you'd never get otherwise.
youtube.com/user/mishapanfilov/videos
youtube.com/channel/UC10ffUrAubaEi2iwDRsmdbg/videos

This one is assorted stuff, lots of hit & miss in there (but lots of jazz funk/fusion)
youtube.com/channel/UCqMLGyzBt5zkPqCLrF5l10Q/videos

This one is mostly just songs instead of albums. Also hit and miss but lots of good spacey, new age stuff.
youtube.com/user/aquarianrealm/videos

And if you're into punk (like I am) but don't want to listen to all regurgitated lame shit out there, check out this one. Probably the best channel for modern local punk stuff.
youtube.com/channel/UCmFh2l5P3ah_3gvWjkiD77w/videos

Sorry, that I can't give you a better selection, you'll have to wade through it. And a lot of it will def miss but it's a good starting off point to discover stuff most people don't know about (especially on here)

This is a good ass album right here, Bobby Hutcherson is real good on The Emperor

post your top 5 jazz albums my friend