Schweinsteiger to MLS

really makes the world of soccer think

noice

this is really weird

if he's ready to retire then why wouldn't he get his agent to get him a move to China instead?

he would probably have to try harder in china

>play for chicago
>get shot

What's so great about the Chinese leagues as compared to MLS?

DP deal? I guess his career really is fucked.

$$$

I should have probably figured as much

Much more money obviously.

But on the down side you have to live in China....

is this really enough to fix chicago

Fuck no, Chicago is a dumpster fire

Their two biggest offseason acquisitions were center midfielders

CM is pretty much the only spot on the field where they had multiple good players. They need a #10.

>old man Schweini will bench Mccarty

Thank god. Hopefully he never gets called to the nats once he's benched

Schweinsteiger has enough exp and quality to train some shitty americunt midfielders. Hopefully they'll learn something.

Chicago has no good DMs. Why do you think they were demolished 4-0 in their last game to a fucking new club?

The red card?

>tfw you still thought he still started for Bayern
>tfw you remember the days of baby faced Schwein in the 06, 10, and even 14 WCs like it was yesterday

The bigger positional needs right now are a competent right back and a playmaker.
I feel like this is just a ploy to sell tickets, >we already have two good CMs

Atlanta scored zero goals before the red card.

>32 year old

Isn't it too young to think of retirement?

Every MLS team except for like 3 need a competent right back.

Bastion better live in chicago because there's nothing great about Bridgeview and any other western chicago suburb. I'd pay a grand for season tickets to watch him produce in this league
Pic related: Chicanos btfo again. When Chile beat Columbia at soldier field in copa america semis 2016

He'd probably rather live in Chicago than Shanghai. As long as he stays out of the South Side kill zone, he and that qt tennis player wife of his will enjoy a comfy lifestyle.

Underrated.

>tfw no washed-up Yuro superstars want to play for you club because Dallas isn't that glamorous and all the home games are in 100 degree Texas heat.

W-we don't want you anyway...

Dude is either getting a Streeterville apartment or a house in Winnetka

You guys actually have a good academy and some young unknown South Americans
You don't need aging yuros

Haha you think the reason he does not want to go to China is because of the nazi toy problem?

Oh I know. Would still be nice to see Iniesta play though.

>MLS
>academy

>wannabe-Euro MLS hipster fags being this delusional

Holy lel

I don't understand
They have an academy which they actively try to get players from

Yeah, it's a real thing you fucking mong

he'll rent a house in Lake Forest like every other pro athlete here

>academy
>literally using words that Eurocucks used to pretend you're in the same league as euros because you desperately want to be a Eurocuck futbol fag
>not realizing MLS is a cringe factory full of literal washed up bums and non-talent and any (((academy))) they have is a joke

>"academy" is a wannabe euro word
Holy hell you are retarded

As for the "joke" of an academy, what the fuck are they supposed to do?

Maybe what triggered him is that I described it as "good"
It's good by MLS standards in that it's a pipeline to the first team and has produced a couple of decent national team players
It's not fucking La Masia

Wew lad. I didn't even think of this

I fucking hate Zlatan, he could've signed with MLS and his meme personality would be perfect for the US media.

It would've been everything the Beckham Experiment should've been but wasn't.

Is Chicago a nice place to visit

in spring and summer, yes

Very much so.

It's Murder City, but only in the awful South Side neighborhoods. Rest of the city is world class.

Because they made a doll of him in a Nazi uniform?

Chicago now have a washed-up box-to-box midfielder who can't run, which makes as much sense as buying a goalkeeper with no arms. Congratulations, Chicago.

you only need to wait a couple more years

atl was up 1-0 before red card. chicago actually played well after the red, but you knew they were gonna get worn down with 10 men for 75 minutes

>1 year deal

What did he mean by this? I wanted to see a Concachampions match with him

Shitcago wasn't gonna get there any time soon

Yeah, that's why I wanted a 5y deal or something. Last time we got Galaxy with all their big names was a completely memery match

I wouldn't necessarily count on them being there within 5 years

>Schweini

>box to box

Lol

cause schweinsteiger is a typical modern german that loves american (nigger) culture

This. It seems incredible how quickly he crashed and burned, transforming from a nearly certain starter to a complete and utter reject. What happened?

>amerishit retirement league

nigga bout to get paid

>how quickly he crashed and burned

>2006, 2010, 2014

>quickly

went to the premier league, got found out

>my Ana getting BLACKED every matchday
I accepted her getting SCHNITZEL but this is too far

He seems really nice, it's pathetic how Manure treated him.

german much?

>tfw knew some chick named kleinensasser

Yes. He was top tier from 2006-2015 or so and then just sudden collapse.

He makes 4 players out of 22 teams

played through injury too much

his ankles were already fucked before the wc 2014 but he still played the to the final getting rekt left and right and afterwards was just busted beyond repair

so whats your point

Because then he'd have to live in China

The retirement league tag is fading away
He's the only one to sign the last two seasons

Dunno which part is supposed to make me think.

>Old player moves to the MLS for money
Been happening for decades, pretty boring to think about.

>Former top player moves to United and swiftly ruins his career
I never get tired of thinking about this, what a poisonous club.

Le lost his legs at 30 man

The Fire fucked up bad yet again

can somebody give me a basic gestalt of his relationship with manu? i never really understood this story, he apparently had trouble with the management and that's why he never played? i find it has to believe that a world class player suddenly withers in this club and effectively is retired now.

>first year everything fine, hes mediocre but so is the rest of our midfield, and he was cheap so fuck it

>mouyes arrives
>randomly freezes him out
>finally apologises but by then we are 6th and he wants to leave
>never really get an explanation because hes too classy to say mouyes is a retard

Basically LVG bought him, he was alright then injuries started to hit. Mourinho comes in and doesn't really need him, until he's forced to use him in easy games like Wigan in the FA Cup because of the lack of options. Probably to try and put him back in the shop window. I think he tried to sell him off in the summer but because of his ridiculous wages there weren't any decent offers.

There were rumours after LVG got sacked that Schweinsteiger kept fucking off to watch his girlfriend play tennis instead of turn up to training.

I don't even think Chicago could meme their way into the CCL by winning the Open Cup.

The first one was an own goal, so I was kind of meme-ing.

only because china are cucking you by offering more money kek

The only player MLS would have gone after that's in China is Obafemi Martins and he was already here

The league was already moving away from retirees and aiming toward south americans and trying to produce youth

Chinese Super League is a blessing in disguise

>implying you wouldnt want rooney whos going to china instead

im not sure if its good or not. on one hand the players might be better but on the other hand theyre literal whos and if they become stars the euro leagues will nick them. if your aim is growth of fanbase surely a shit famous player is better for the league than a good nobody

he's dead wood, that's been clear for a while. did a good job cucking manure, now it's time to enjoy retirment.
F

I'm pretty sure the Galaxy have already passed on Rooney a couple of times

I will say that Carlos Tevez might have been a target but other than that there aren't players MLS would be interested in

China is not signing retirees, they've been signing not so famous but still in their prime good players. paying absurd amounts, yes, but retirees go to America.

fucking kek

I mean Atlanta's doing pretty well generating interest and the only player anyone has probably heard of is maybe Kenwyne Jones

I get growing the fanbase, but the teams that struggle with that usually have shit stadium situations. Besides I think getting better players overall and increasing the quality of play will do more for keeping interest in the league.

Honestly people only show up once to see Lampard or whoever and then never watch another game in their life.

And if players do well and get sold to Europe I'm okay with that, its better to make money.

oh fuck how is he doing. he used to be pretty good in the prem then randomly went off a cliff

Not really
Only 4 (including Schweinsteiger) remain

in all honesty MLS(tm) will make less from trying to produce talent in a weak competitive league as opposed to selling shirts with gerrard on the back

Fuck that last part
We need to keep everyone here
No need to submit to Yurop

Hasn't started and probably won't for a while given how well Martinez is doing

Gerrrard*

Probably thinks he's signing a deal with the TV show

shirt sales are a meme senpai. go look up how much teams actually make from them

That last part is a fact of life. Deal with it nerd, MLS is still low on the totem.

Make money and invest it back into youth

really shitty ending (getting put into RESERVES at a shit club like manure with an arrogant asshole as coach) of a great career and a great player. Kids these days could learn from a gentleman like him, always behaved professionaly and played at a high level. Poor Basti :(

>world class

Lol the only world class thing about him were his doctors at bayern and the national team.

Maybe, but there's not really that many players out there who can actually generate that type of interest
I seriously doubt Schweinsteiger will actually have a positive influence for the Fire, even if he miraculously played out of his mind
Schweinsteiger won't be that big of a draw

memes aside whats the level of MLS like? obviously im not talking in comparison to europe but whats the general quality of football like? im heading to the states later this year and considering going to watch an MLS game

>basic gestalt
Why does Germany keep using this phrase?

He's getting paid
I'm not sure how this is bad for him

No
Fuck Yurop
And fuck Pulisic and all of those rentboys currently over there