nasl.com/schedule (3/25)
>USL
uslsoccer.com/usl-schedule (3/25)
>NWSL
nwslsoccer.com/schedule (4/15)
>AYY lmao
a-league.com.au/results

Other urls found in this thread:

detroitnews.com/story/sports/other/2017/03/21/detroit-mls-bid-goes-gratiot-jail-site/99434064/
foxsports.com/soccer/gallery/chicago-fire-signing-bastian-schweinsteiger-is-the-backwards-step-mls-doesnt-need-032117?sf64642526=1
youtube.com/watch?v=saKVnKUfVHM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Old Thread:

2nd for eternal memeis

>it's an international break episode
not fond of these brevs

at least >my club starters can recover since so many are ded

Minnesota United.

Oh please, sorry I don't blindly follow the collective mls owner's wishes and desires. I love >my team, and hate that they are essentially kneecapped because some flyover fuck team doesn't want to spend.

I know the history of the sport in the country, which is why i just go with it after all is said and done.

And fucking Ted is just a guy with a foot in his mouth perpetually, and a total joke. Hurts the pro/rel cause, not that anything would change were he to disappear.

DICSUSS

>detroitnews.com/story/sports/other/2017/03/21/detroit-mls-bid-goes-gratiot-jail-site/99434064/

not gonna happen

they have so many attractive and stable sites to choose from, why would they pick Detoilet?

>jail site
fitting

You're assuming they'll pick a location for a reason other than, "a billionaires wants it there."

what did he mean by this??

what are we going to do when we ultimately lose third place to panama?

continue living life

We'll be fine when the A team gets together. Although we are desperately shit in the striker department with Wood and an old man Dempsey being the only good forwards available. Which is why I hope Arena brings on Green as bench depth because Altidore is too fucking comfortable due to no competition

Green isn't playing for his 2nd division team
Besides two very different skill sets

Hes going to get minutes soon at Stuttgart. Plus he's playing as a pseudo forward winger which is what we need. Green and Wood linking up at a fast pace on the field is better than Wood having to rely on Dozy not to fuck up a pass or not fall behind in his shit tier positioning.

just give San Diego a team already

c o w t o w n first, they put the work in with their usl team.

but muh mexicans and landon

>prime piece of downtown real estate
>let's build a jail here l m a o
Unironically hope they get an expansion slot. They might just end up being the biggest spender in the midwest

meme our way into the WC via the playoff

Such a good badge

>perf

Is Chicago gonna move Juninho or McCarty or what?

Neither they are gonna just play accam and 8 CMs

And Matt Polster's stuck way down the bench too.

>the state of Dax

Dax will play and some bad team will get polster like min of soda

So how did they convince Bastian to go to essentially a equivalent of a relegating team with dwindling attendance?

By ignoring most of the details like who is on the roster, how bad they've done recently, where exactly is Toyota Park, and other stuff
Also money

money, living in America and going on an adventure, to people that aren't born and raised here seeing all the parts of America is a big draw

4.5 million for a year

Haven't been in these threads in like 2 years. Am I still the only RSL supporter? Also, fuck Jeff Cassar and fuck the front office for not having the balls to fire him in the offseason. I welcome Petke though.

I wonder how he's going to feel from winning most of the time to now losing most of the time. I bet his agent is going to get a yelling.

Nignogs may pick up soccer.
Also, the city is cheap as hell compared to Milwaukee, Indianapolis or Philadelphia. You can get a “blight(ed)“ house for a few grand and renovate it.
They're doing this since a few years now, to revive the city

Also, media market

More likey he'll get a raise. He just dealt a war criminal to the shooting capital of the usa for an exorbitant fee

foxsports.com/soccer/gallery/chicago-fire-signing-bastian-schweinsteiger-is-the-backwards-step-mls-doesnt-need-032117?sf64642526=1

Finally someone actually said it

it's more fun watching them crash and burn, especially how injury prone this guy is

team is the hot new thing in town so theres shitloads of hot girls at all the games.pretty based.

>Now

shame it won't last huh?

is petke gonna be rsl's new coach? that'd be cool

its chicago! (bridgeview)

>tfw she trades in her anti social social club hoodie for an ATL jersey
>tfw in two months she trades the ATL jersey for a thrasher hoodie

its gonna take a while for the "new" to wear off, especially with a new stadium still on the way. If we keep winning the hype will never fade, if we turn to shit...yeah.

>I'm a Real Salt Lake
why would you wish this on anyone else?

Bench Mccarty and Schweini slots in.

Stay mad Doylefags. Basti is going to easily put in good performances and bench overrated trash like McCarty.

>international break
>league games still being played
>only one side missing players
Retarded

So which old superstar is available for da Loons to sign?
We need some hype desu

there are bigger problems when the first 2/3rds of a season literally and utterly doesn't mean shit.

>side

top o' the morning 2 ya

T I M B E R S

is synonymous with

S U C C e s s

he have a job yet?

Lmfao the biggest bust of all time

From a presser from the new owner of the Cosmos
>Commisso says the peak American Soccer was in the 1930s, when the US made the semifinals of the World Cup.
>Commisso: Why do we have a semifinalist in 1930s an nothing since? We're not doing a great job.
>Commisso: The Cosmos should be moving up to MLS, not Minnesota.
#Cosmos
>Commisso: I think Don Garber said p/r will be in MLS in 20 years. I'm going to be dead in 20 years. Here competition is administered.
>Commisso: "My opinion: The number one reason that US pro soccer has failed [is the lack of pro/rel]."

Aren't they the club that keep bankrupting themselves but keep finding new owners who value the '''''''''brand''''''?

Adu transfer rumors are the gift that keeps on giving lmao

What's the Indonesian league like?

so another ted-lite owner of the cosmos, that sort of person who would buy in to that shit.

He also said red bull hasnt invested enough in new york soccer and fucked off to germany

No, you cant use our stadium

Didn't the cosmos go bankrupt and bring the nasl down with them?

Both the league and the Cosmos were saved by this guy
I'm sure this will lead to the NASAL accepting their place on the totem pole

holy shit how low can he possibly get?

before you know it he's gonna try to fake his age to play against high schoolers and he'll still lose

I just feel bad for him desu he was great for >us

>its a klansmann likes old german player episode

those guys are all insane

Wait, they've been trying this whole time?

It's cute that every MLS team think they are going to be global """clubs"""

>global clubs
literally only LA Galaxy and NY Cosmos are global clubs

AHHAHAHAAH

Most people will know Galaxy because of Beckham's impact
Most casual football fans will know NY Red Bulls because of Henry's impact
Most diehard football fans will know of Montreal because of Drogba's impact

Everybody took notice of Orlando and NYFC last yr but quickly forgot about them

kek

Kaka and Pirlo m8

Dax is getting old. Just find some Miazga like academy player and put them in the midfield. A player like Acosta comes to mind.

adu should just die already

Crazy idea: all-American MLS XI vs all-American Europe XI, winner makes up USMNT

>battle of the memes

It honestly wouldnt be a competition since the Euro side will have Johnson, Pulisic, Wood and Brooks with the MLS counterparts being mediocre to trash except maybe Nagbe and Acosta.

You're actually a fucking idiot.
The marginal benefit to the team from upgrading an already pretty decent position (Juninho/McCarty are one of the better CM pairings in MLS) compared to upgrading a glaring weakness (like CAM or RB) is insignificant.
This is absolutely a terrible move by the Fire and a gigantic waste of money.
Especially since the fucking guy is nearly guaranteed to get injured

My boss's older brother used to play soccer with Adu before he became the great American hope

With how substandard the level is in MLS, Schweinsteiger will be able to operate as a box to box with defensive responsibilities without wearing himself out too badly. Thats a different story when playing away games though.

I doubt that
He's not really close to what he once was

But lletget came from west hams first teams bench. I think the guy is highly underrated.

>Schweinsteiger will be able to operate as a box to box with defensive responsibilities without wearing himself out too badly

BREAKING NEWS*******************************BREAKING NEWS********************************************
>MLS WEEK 3 REVIEW SHOW IS ONLINE
>I REPEAT MLS WEEK 3 REVIEW SHOW IS ONLINE
>LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU SIMPLETONS
>MLS
>WEEK
>3
>SHOW
>ONLINE (NOW)
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE

youtube.com/watch?v=saKVnKUfVHM

>a box to box midfielder with ruined legs
Yeah, no.

No one presses or pressures as intense as in the top european leagues. There's always constant open spaces in MLS games. You are kidding yourself if you think this league is tough tactically.

The physical wear and tear comes from grueling conditions in away games and playing in shitty turf. Chicago bought Schweinsteiger because they figure they can use him as a box to box who can stabilize their midfield and protects the backline

>Brooks

This league is really beginning to bug me. Maybe ted did have a point.

absolutelydisgusting.png

I agree with you but Schweini's legs are done for. He is going to need physical therapy almost every game or two.

Sure. But if they had spent their $4.5M on a DP attacking mid and a TAM right back instead of a very good but injury prone central midfielder when they already have two above average MLS CMs, they'd be a much better team.

>Man U to play summer friendlies against the Galaxy and Real Salt Lake
That's a second strange one

>an NASL team and an MLS team below the red line

Literally who?

Unironically our best defender besides Cameron. You have to be an imbecile to rate any mls CB right now Doyle. Your shilling isnt even amusing at this point.

Because Pirlo has been so good in MLS, right?

Then he needs to stop being a fucking embrassment in games that actually matter
He was good during that thing last summer but when it actually matters he's a disaster

>Zlatan plays first half for ManU
>announce Zlatan trade at half time
>plays second half for Galaxy