FINANCE ADVICE

FINANCE ADVICE
Say i want to buy a whole gaming setup for 5k.
Would it be an idiotic idea to take a long term loan of 5k paying back 100dollars a month for a few years instead of waiting 2 years to save up the 5k for the setup?

Other urls found in this thread:

getstartedwithcrypto.wordpress.com/airdrops-and-coin-give-aways/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

yes, loans for unessential things are idiotic

/thread

This, don't go into debt unless you absolutely have to or it is a profitable investment.

you don't want to pay interest over something like this. if you can loan the money from your parents I would say yes, otherwise no.

Also you can probably but the costs down by 30% if you build your rig yourself, just find some friend who is good with computers to help you, there are enough guides on the internet. It isn't hard to do.

Also post specs of the rig you want to buy

>profitable investment

easy was to see the posers. no investment is guaranteed profitable, only some have less risk than others.

Why would you spend 5k on a gaming computer? You fell for the marketing bro. Spend 2k on a pc and the other 3k on something else. Dont be an idiot

Nigga, he said he wanted to spend 5k on his setup, no amount of reasonable hardware is going to cost 5k, so either he buys stupidly expensive shit for the sake of buying expensive shit [apple], or his computer will be so out scaled in performance that it'll be hard to even get the whole thing working.

my apologies i meant the 5k would include the pc, monitors, desk, chair, tv, console etc

Yes. 5k PC now costs 6k. Warranty is lets say 2 years. PC breaks. You need to buy new parts that you cant afford. Due to paying extra 1k for PC. So some dude can get a new Ferrari. This is how you get fucked by capitalism my friend.

I did this exact thing when I was 20. I spent 5 grand on a gaming rig, I made 12 dollars an hour at the time. It was not a good idea, and my parents bailed me out a year later even though I never missed a payment.

Well getting a loan to build your house so you can stop paying rent is a popular concept, non?

>spending more than 1500k USD for a high end gaming PC

you dun goofed hard m9... probably buying every RGB/gaming-armoured item you can find

Also, if you have a setup already in mind, if you wait the two years that rig will be cheaper, or you might even be able to get more with your $5k

Sorry i didn't make my own thread but i have a question, would it help me if i got a credit card or small loan (when i have the amount plus interest already) and pay it back to improve my financial reliability in the eyes of the banks?

if it's just a loan from your parents and they're not charging interest then maybe go for it

but 5k is ridiculous you can put something godly together for less than that

post pc/monitors

How much money do you net a month?

Ok.. adding full furniture to the mix makes it slightly more reasonable... where are you getting furniture from though? Ikea or some crap?

If you are thinking some kinda piece together furniture, dont bother loaning.. save up, get one piece at a time, put it together and look after it.. by the time you have your room ready to go, you should be well on the way to saving for that PC.. and say you're spending 1.5k on that fella... well... 15 months from now, it will go even further.

still too much

$2000 MONSTROUS high end enthusiast PC
$120 "gamer" chair
$300 very high quality new desk
$200 cabinets etc atop desk
$500 console + games

Still nearly $2k below budget.Get a fucking life fatass

Yes

Get free crypto from airdrops. Sell for BTC/ETH. Use it to buy your rig

getstartedwithcrypto.wordpress.com/airdrops-and-coin-give-aways/

Pic related, my trading(not savings) crypto portfolio.

>5k

What are you planning on buying? That sounds like a fuck ton of cash. Check out logicalincrements.com and see what kind of build you can afford.

Kek

Well. That actually worked. Today OP was not a fag