Is Super worth watching...

Is Super worth watching? I loved the shit out of dbz as a kid and recently watched the 'F' movie but heard mixed things about the new show

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ojHZis7qTKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes but be prepared for characters like vegeta, picolo and gohan to get furthur ramming by toriyama since he only likes giving goku the spot light

Save this shit for Sup Forums faggot

a what?

>Not noticing gohans mystic form returns and his goal of a new type of transformation
>Not recognizing that Vegeta temporary surpassed goku during the black/zamasu fight with his split second ssb moves

What about tenshin, I hear he's the shit now

ah I stopped watching around episode 95 or so, when there was those 2 bad character designs of female saiyans and one looked like a brolly rip off.

>tien
>gets destroyed easily

No roshi is the shit now. Even beerus has genuine respect for him at this point

agreed, piccollo was the shit in the frieza saga, going toe to toe with goku, vegeta and even frieza at various stages. he was less useful in the androif saga but still had his moments, then in buu saga and now he's useless. like a background character.

This. He takes down 4 guys in a row but only by using a cheat mode technique.

Goku from Dragon Ball Super falls in love with Goku from Dragon Ball Z.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the Saiyan's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when Super Goku recounts the previous day's confessions to Z Goku, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the Saiyan he called is not the same Saiyan he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is Kakarrot's alternate universe counterpart, the Goku from GT who has fallen in love with Goku's own AU self, the Goku from Xenoverse, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase after reach other, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of (DRAGON) BALLS.

It has it's moments, but now you got characters like Roshi and Android 17/18 fighting alongside Super Saiyan God Vegeta/Goku.

The difference in power between these characters should be billions of times stronger if it followed DB>DBZ power jumps so it really hurt the show for me.

Personally, I feel you should rewatch DB and DBZ again. If you've never watched DB it's a prequel that perfectly goes straight into DBZ at the end (you'd never know it was a different show). Will give you a lot of respect for characters in DBZ that were tossed aside (krillin, roshi, etc).

Watch them in japanese as an adult or you'll cringe a lot especially for DB which was dubbed for kids.

Its alright. Its not a must watch (yet- its still going) but if you can stand all the BS up to the universal survival arc (current) things have been really picking up.

Also if you're a future trunks fan boy you'll probably enjoy the goku black arc even though its aids for the plot

Here bruh. Dbz was good. GT was okay, but it's a warm alternate storyline. Super, in my opinion, sucks as an anime. They keep raising the stakes to the point where I don't know what the hell they're gonna do for the next arc. The actual drawing is garbage. Just look up DBS episode 5, Beerus vs Goku. That fight was frighteningly, poorly drawn. Dot faces and distorted proportions. There has been like 111 episodes so far. So skip the first two arcs that is just a recap of BoG and RoF. I think episode 32 or something is when the Universal Martial Arts Tournament happens. Don't expect anyone except Goku to do anything cool. Most Z-fighters are brought back. I do know that the English dub got a animation makeover and it looks like BluRay, BoG quality.
Listen man, bottom line, this is an action anime with little depth. Expect lots of filler, like DBZ, and nothing happening for an episode or two every so often. Ive been keeping up with it for 2 years, the sub, and I still tune in to watch the next episode if I like it or not. 80% of the time, I thought the episode was useless and had little plot. Although, I was very suprised by Zamasu and Goku Black arc.

for a faggot

The power differences aren't what this user is saying. Goku, Vegeta, and three other characters are on a plane by themselves at the moment with Goku and Vegeta really being at the top (plus a character I don't want to spoil). Roshi, Tien, Krillin, 18, they're all way, WAY lower even if they're shown to be somewhat relevant. The problem with the show is that the current arc doesn't feel like it matters as much as it should but the overall show is still entertaining enough to watch. Maybe not as good as DBZ but it's got the potential to spike at any moment and there are some truly great episodes here and there.

Already a thing

[spoiler]made you look twiggy[/spoiler]

>They keep raising the stakes to the point where I don't know what the hell they're gonna do for the next arc
isn't that a good thing?
>The actual drawing is garbage. Just look up DBS episode 5, Beerus vs Goku.
bad drawing was a problem like two years ago, look up the recent episodes, it's actually really good

DBZ are for fucking faggots

I enjoy it, however I can't stop thinking of ways that could have improved it. There's alot of missed potential like buu for instance being tossed aside, what a shitty way to write him out of the tournament. They even built him up in his muscly form and then wrote him off.

He could have been in the tournament, then gone too far, not knowing that killing people gets your universe erased, so frieza steps in and blows him up or some shit. Would be a great way to show friezas power too since I think buu is possibly stronger than him. Yeah it's fanfic-level but that's just off the top of my head, basically I wanted buu in the tournamanent.

>raising the stakes
Frieza becoming a god and final villain? All the other gods, even omni king is dead, and the top fighters from each universe have to defeat him or something? Hit, jiren, goku etc joining up.

I will admit that I havent seen as many animation problems as before. And by two years ago, you're referring to the Sub, correct?

Personal opinion though? Yes, but In one particular arc the Zamatsu and Black arc they could have handled the ending way better.
I'm sure this is bait but it's the anime board user.

The animation is better but it still has that computer drawn style to it which i'm not a fan of, it's not as fluid as older dbz episodes.

Yeah Roshi is an absolute beast as far as humans go since his training and yet Tien and Krillin remain trash

Yeah, it's decent for what it is, not nearly as much filler as original Z or DB. Just skip the first two arc's, though, it's just shitty animation filler to encompass and canonize the movies. Start at the First Universal Tournament.

The manga ends that arc far far better.

how?

Yeah, I'm aware the manga is pretty damn good. Then again It better be considering It takes a month per chapter rather than a week

yeah, the early episodes (1 to 20/30/40 or wherever they started with the nicer drawings)
these last few episodes were amazing in that department, and not sure about anyone else here but i can't fucking wait for the next one in a few hours, one of the only things keeping me from ending it all

You should just read it honestly. The manga is VERY different from the anime, and handles literally every aspect about the story better. It's just...really really how DbzS should have been to begin with.

I think he's just referring to the movie arcs, generally speaking. They of course aren't going to focus all of the energy into it, since they literally have already done the story and put it out once. After the Frieza arc, the animation stabalized, now the only thing you really see is recycled animations for less than stellar filler fights.

Oh right OP if you do watch It be sure to do this. As long as you saw Battle of gods then Resurrection F It's fine to skip them since they just redo the two movies

true but long forgotten characters like Tien SHinhan and Muten Roshi have been given nice moments. it's a very uneven, sometime ugly show, but sometime it makes me laugh

Name afew things please to get me interested?

First of all..the whole goku black and zamatsu thing goes entirely different. When Vegeto is formed when they are both in Blue form, the fusion ends in about 3 seconds because they are so powerful it shatters the earrings and beerus says something along the lines of the fused state was stronger than even him and the earrings have a limit. Sort of like how ssj3 gotenks fusion can only last 5-10 minutes. Black and Zomatsu or whatever his name is, does not ever turn into that weird monster for the final battle. Instead trunks cuts him in half..and his body forms into 2 bodys. Eventually he keeps replicating himself until there is like..100's? It gets pretty ridiculous but actually reading it is SO much better than how the anime fight went. The manga is currently just on the pre-tournement where the gods of destruction are fighting. The story itself is just far better written too and there aren't as many ass pulls. I'm incredibly hype to see how they handle ultra instinct when it finally gets there.

Why does the anime change so much? Is it because it's ahead of the manga now?

So the manga is on that universe 6 v 7 spar tournament? Champa vs beerus guys?

I'm enjoying it. I just love the fact that there's new dragonball content.
It was never an extremely amazing, deep storyline whatever series, and Super isnt either, but its good fun.

She is the legendary super sayain of her universe, so yeah, a rip off

The warm up where the couple gods of destruction fight involves all of them in the manga

The anime has always been ahead of the manga and I don't see that changing. Toriyama gives toei the scripts any way for the episodes

DB wasn't a prequal m8. it was the original manga. like fucking 1983 or some shit

db is the original, it wasn't made before, and it was made in a time where dbz wasn't concieved, its kinda mushed together, like star wars prequels and original sw.

So I started watching Super recently and I do like it but they really fucked up the "power levels" and made ssj transformations unimpressive
>Goku going ssj God had so much buildup it was expected and boring once it happened
>Goku and Vegeta going Blue had no buildup so it was just boring
>Cabba going ssj was not as bullshit as kid Trunks or Goten doing so in Z but it was still kind of
>Caulifla going ssj was bullshit
>Caulifla going ssj2 was bullshit
>Kale going Legendary ssj was bullshit and it confirmed without a shadow of a doubt that my nigga Broly was never canon which is bullshit
Only transformation that was actually hype as fuck was future Trunks going ssj2 rage or whatever, it was on par with teen future Trunks going ssj for the first time after future Gohan's death
It's just sad how it's been ages ever since and yet Gohan's ssj2 against Cell is still the best one in the franchise, goes to show just how much effort and thought was put into it and its buildup, shit still gives me goosebumps

No. It's not horrible, but not worth watching. Try 2 episodes yourself

OP just watch the damn show faggots. And do it un japanese cause its more intense. DB>DBZ>DBS>DBGT

Super has been ok so far but episodes 109 and 110... holy shit. it made me feel like seeing gohan go ssj2 for the first time all over again. had goosebumps and was super hyped.

When Beerus said "Hes coming"... holy shit it was good.

So far none of the transformations really felt special. yeah blue was cool and all but what i loved was the transformations that occur due to a major emotional even similar to SSJ2 Gohan. They just brought out SSJ god red and blue like it was no big deal. But the latest in 109 and 110. that brought back the old school feel of the emotional/limit breaking evolution.

I'm holding out that the "Hyper instinct" mode is achievable by anyone with sufficient power mostly so Gohan or even Piccalo could keep up

no, the anime is fucking garbage, don't watch it. Read the manga, it actually has plot and is animated better than the actual anime. Only downside is the manga has a once per month release schedule...but at least it's worth it every time. The anime....is worse than gt

very few episodes are worth watching

obviously 109 till 119 will be the best ones

perhaps the ones with goku vs hit and topo the dab worrior
the rest are meh at best the fights are 70% chit chat of goku that literally drives me crazy

Super is super fucking gay. Not enough spotlight on fight scenes we have been waiting for for a long time, the Gods are a massive disappointment, and the fight scenes we do get are half ass garbage that makes no sense.

Gohan Goku Limit Breaking Kamehameha Combo

Destroys the void

They were always good at wasting time with commentary but this did take it to new heights.
>toppo the dab warrior
keku

troll

I can't take the dbz youtube ''talkers'' seriously, i mean it's dudes punching each other and they speculate about every little thing just for views

i wanted to shoot toriymara with a trout for hours when the universe battle begin

goku elliminates a foe YOU ARE PRETTY INTERESTING
the green slug pikachu elliminates a foe YOU ARE PRETTY INTERESTING
vegeta does vegata stuff YOU ARE PRETTY INTERESTING
jiren btfo goku SAYANS ARE INTERESTING

FUCK OFF ALREADY

>fat ''love'' girl fight is longer than any other
for fuck sake

Its still a canonized prequel to DBZ bruh.

its pretty weak but some of the fighting is good

just wait for the best version of bds

youtube.com/watch?v=ojHZis7qTKk

The whole of it sucks. It's all about who can display the most testosterone in the most autistic way possible.
That's all DB is - an autistic testosterone fest.

When it comes to Dragon Ball Super, the only way to enjoy it fully is to turn your brain off, because the show is full of plot holes, inconsistencies, poor power scaling, and retcons which will make old fans rip their hair out. The animation is also everywhere in quality, but it's getting progressively better overall as the show continues. Also the show does wank Goku and Vegeta a lot, and wastes good concepts a lot, making an incredibly unrealistic power creep in the Tournament of Power. As for the Tournament of Power, it's better than the Zamasu Arc, but the lack of focus on the other universes, the Universe 6 Saiyans, Ribrianne, and the beginning drag with the tournament now is starting to become old. In a few episodes the Tournament alone is going to be longer than the Zamasu Arc.

For fucking real. The one time nothing but awesome fighting is going on and they still pepper us with irrelevant bullshit from an audience.
makes me love/hate the series so hard.

Ikr that hurt me internally.
>fat love beats ssb using love drain bullshit
>shoots hearts.... fucking HEARTS????
that whole universe needed to be redone.

Zamasu's arc was 20 episodes long wasn't it? How many episodes has it been since the actual tournament started?
If I'd to make a guess as to why the shafted Buu for Frieza is because he has time bending powers or some shit, because the tournament is getting more ridiculous than the Namek arc, fucking time is running in Frieza minutes

A prequel means it was made after the main thing, and set before. Like the hobbit movie, it's a prequel and ties in many jokes/easter eggs from the LOTR movies, into it.

Dragonball was made first so there is no easter eggs about frieza and stuff like that, obviously since it was made FIRST.

There is a few easter eggs about frieza if you inspect your anus closely.

I'd like to see a better edit of this tournament, and the whole super series in general when it's over. It's really bullshit seeing these small one on one fights that last 10 minutes, without ever seeing any of the chaos around the two fighters. I mean it's a really small arena, when we see goku fighting someone, you should see other fighters in the background, ki blasts etc. It should cut between like 3 or 4 fights, like show abit of a roshi fight, then a goku fight, then gohan/picolo etc, instead of them all going on in order one by one which makes no sense.

Not in dragonball dingus. Toriyama had no plans to even make dbz, then to make cell saga, then buu, then this, it's all planned shit.

Yes, watch the recent Movies and skip the first 30 eps or something

Current arc is fucking epic

if you accept that it's a cash in with lazy animation then yes.

personally I think Dragonball Shit isn't worth it.. but up to you.

The Tournament started at 96. We're 14 episodes at 110 and we're not even half way through.

How are you all on episode 110, are you happy to watch it in Japanese with English subs? I only have episode 9

Yep! I love it

Surprisingly the more I watch it on subs, the more I get used to it. Champa and Hit sound better on subs anyways, though Japanese Yajirobe is an absolute ear sore worse than Jar Jar Binks.

watch it enough and you get used to it. you will start to learn the voices and words.

it's pretty good.

Japanese Bulma is ear sex and makes everything worth it so don't be a double nigger and watch it subbed already

Can you give me a rundown of upcoming spoilers? Not sure if the anime veered away so far that manga spoilers aren't relevant to it anymore.
The gods of destruction are gonna fight?

Actually nvm, misread entirely. Had forgotten that they do in the anime

It's shit.
A waste of time whenever it is for script, ennemies, art direction and animation. Truly a 0/10, and I say that as a Dragon Ball fan since the 80's.
Evenwhen it comes to Cell or Buu sagas, thete's something to debate, but not for Super.
It's as shitty as GT, maybe even worse.

Super is really, really boring. All the character designs look like shitty DeviantArt OCs that a 12 year old made, and have personalities to match.

GT is more interesting tbh, and is only half the length of Super. I will never understand the hype around super

The first 2 arcs are not the best but from then on it's steady then from the Goku black arc it just keeps on getting better with fewer bumps along the way and then the Tournament of power is the shit man

Why not actually just watch it for yourself and form an original opinion based off of what you saw instead of being a faggot and asking others for their subjective opinions.
Also get off of my Sup Forums faggot