strawpoll.me/13803743

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13804724
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

Are Garbage the who?

Kek

The Who are Swans?

they are probably the best boy band you will ever here.

they were only a boy band till late 65 man

what retards are voting "no"?

also they made lots of great stuff pre-Rubber Soul, it's just that all the pre-Rubber Soul albums are also full of filler except for Please Please Me (and even that one has a couple)

The Beatles were accidentally a boy band, they organically got popular through their music.

>they made lots of great stuff pre-Rubber Soul
of course they did, im a huge fan of pre 66 and post 66

Is OP a faggot?

strawpoll.me/13804724

this, pre 65 beatles is in my opinion pleb filter albums, if you hear anyone say they're shit because they're pop they're probably pretentious.

the compositions aren't even at all more sophisticated in the later albums, it's just that the later albums are consistently good with little to no filler and the lyrics are more sophisticated on average

Yup, just checking out how the songs are generally leads to some surprising stuff - All My Loving's rhythm guitar is genuinely very difficult, and If I Fell sounds like Sun King but 6 years earlier when they were playing poppy rock 'n' roll and has some genuine complexity to it. Besides, they weren't manufactured, really. Their image was, but not themselves.

Their image had no precedent though, from waht I've read it really doesn't seem like they thought those cute haircuts were going to make girls react that way, Epstein was just trying to make them look more 'proper' and friendly with the suits and all that. My impression is that John had a somewhat intimidating/unfriendly stage presence before Epstein picked them up and told him to change it

They probably weren't expecting it, but damn if it didn't hit the jackpot. And I kind of expect The Beatles pre-Epstein to feel like the image Oasis had.

They definitely would have made it anyway I think, considering Please Please Me made #1 in UK before people were familiar with them IIRC, I think the image is what pushed it over the edge into beatlemania after they'd already proven themselves musically.

by PLease PLease Me I mean the single not the album btw, the mania had already started before the album I htink

Come Together was written as a troll song at the height of their popularity. They won their decade.

>troll song
?
>height of their popularity
no

p good, If you ask me