How does Sup Forums deal with crippling depression?

How does Sup Forums deal with crippling depression?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4mU802eQ3jE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also feels thread

Drinking.

The picture is bullshit. Once you've been noticed "just once" as stated, you'll miss it so much more and permanently crave it.

i actually just get even more depressed then

Not doing these shitty threads and working out, or just actually putting forth effort into anything.

By incorporating a philosophy of self-empowerment into my life

wait did you want an actual answer or did you just want to come and complain about how useless you want to believe you are in order to justify nonaction

honest question

Op here i agree just was the best picutre i found in like a minute
idk i have no passion or power lkeft to do anything i feel

maybe im not sure to be honest

The trick is to drink until you're passed that point. Drink until you can't feel feels.

wait im actually retarded the first message was to

I'm actually pulling out from a lifelong depression, it's been a few months and the progress is noteworthy.

I realized that, if I'm depressed as shit and unhappy all the time, why not spend my time doing things that are good for me? I'll be depressed no matter what I do, so I should either kill myself and get it over with or make a difference to someone. Maybe a little kid noting a stranger's kind actions, maybe inspiring a coworker with hard work, maybe showing someone how to do something that you picked up on and they needed to know how to do.
Then I realized that, doing all of that, my income and access to good things is increasing every day I succeed at doing it. Now, when I'm alone and depressed, I have the small comforts, like a nice chair, comfy bed, quality liquor, nice ambient lights, and whatever else I might want.

It's been a few months, like I've said, and I still drink uncontrollably and generally dislike being alive, but it feels like I can feel the veil of depression being lifted away week by week

All that being said, the thing that started it all for me was the realization that I'm not happy, never have been happy, I never will be happy, and I'd prefer to not be alive. I think you just need to accept it

Do you have:

1) a long term goal

2) a plan for achieving that goal

3) traceable progress on that plan

I've never met a depressed person that has these 3 things in their life

You create your own passion and motivation. So either do that, or move on. There are already too many people on the planet and not enough resources to go around.

I go out of my way to fix the problem that's causing it.

If that's "friends" or "family" making me depressed I cut them loose.

If I'm depressed about my income, I go work.

If I'm depressed about work, I get a different job.

Fix your own shit. It fixes depression.

That pic hits too close to home.

Alcohol and drugs.

Drink more

This

Kill yourself,
if there is a god you might have an issue
but otherwise all your life problems solved in 1 action

>nope have neither
maybe a long term goal but thats about it

the reason im not killing myself because i cant stand the thought of hurting the peopel i have close to me

i dotn e4ven know whgat im depressed about

The way I deal with it is when I'm feeling bad I tell myself "I'm the one controlling if I'm feeling down or not"
I know I'm always gonna get depressed no matter how happy I am so I don't let it control me

Alcohol and weed.
Constantly re-watching old TV series that I love.
Open world games like Fallout 4/Skyrim where I can lead a better life in a game than the one I'm living in real life.

That's pretty much exactly what I do....I try and help other people more. It helps but I can't stop the drinking

Set your sights high for a goal, get organized and make a plan to achieve it, start following that plan

also, pic related doesn't hurt

If you don't do these things, I don't want to hear any more bitching from you

If you DO do these things and you're still depressed, that means the problem is chemical, in which case take some anti-depressants, but true depression caused by chemical imbalance is really rare so just focus on your life for now

Youre hurting people by being a bitch

also what this guy says:

Yep, never could stop the drinking. At least I'm a very high functioning alcoholic. Used to enjoy smoking weed, but don't really anymore

i would argue that the things i do from this list are not the reason but are coming from my depression but like i said i cant tell anymore
i tried stopping these things but it fails

gf of 2.5 years broke up with me two days after my brother died in a car accident. stop eating because I told myself I didn't deserve to eat. 6'0" tall and 155 lbs dropped to 130lbs in 6 weeks. drank a lot.

started lifting weights and gained 40lbs of pretty lean muscle. taught myself to cook. healthy diet makes for a healthy mental health. graduated college with a mechanical engineering degree. travel the country and the world and hoping to start performing music live soon. set goals and plan ways to achieve them.

I don't bother dating people. I don't really enjoy it. I get bored of them. learn to be happy on your own. learn a skill. get a hobby. you'll suck ass at it at first. don't get discouraged. get better

I'm giving up on you. I don't think you've been trying that hard. Again, other people are saying it better than me:

the problem i have is how do you get yourself to try hard for shit you hate?
like i planned to ,move out and live together with my girlfriend but for that i need to get either a job or get trained as something yet after i planned that and am convinced i can do it i just fuck up over myself for no reason

self pity is the worst form of tumblr cringe. kys op

what a bunch of fucking crybabies

op here and i agree was just the first picture i found

Im guessing you think you've "tried everything!"

But In reality you kind of tried some strategies half assed for a week maybe 2 tops then when you realized it actually takes discipline and it's not the instant easy fix you were looking for, you ran back to the warm soothing blanket that is self-pity

>implying

>be a lawyer
>go through college and law school
>every year in school is progress
Im still depressed, my goal isnt all I want in life and my depression stems from not having anyone that I really connect with (I guess on a romantic level). all my interactions day-to-day seem robotic and fake. The good conversations I have just stop that feeling of being on a poorly written tv show

I seriously have all three on your list. Yet I'm still a very anxious and depressed person. I recently came back from a 2 week vacation. It felt like a dream, but not in a good way.

On one of the flights back home I kept having long agression/panic attacks. It was really fucked to put my family through that along the way.

Sorry I'm just rambling.
Anyhow, having all three of what you described is nice and perhaps the remedy for a high percentage range of mental health sufferers, but it's not always what will solve their problems.

>
>Im still depressed, my goal isnt all I want in life and my depression stems from not having anyone that I really connect with (I guess on a romantic level). all my interactions day-to-day seem robotic and fake. The good conversations I have just stop that feeling of being on a poorly written tv show

This for me too user. I'm sorry you're also having to go through this.

I just dont know man, it feels that my words/actions throughout the day (even with friends) could be replaced with just anybodies actions. its like two AI's talking to each other, you could swap out one for another and it would pretty much be the same. I feel like Im not really alive

I distract myself with games and youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=4mU802eQ3jE

that list is a wonderful way to have something to look forward too but lets be honest. this world sucks and most of the people do as well. i am always looking forward and trying to plan some form of future for myself, the truth is i have some of the worst luck i have ever seen. i recently deleted my online dating profiles and decided to stay mgtow after i was called a loser and told that i look like a serial killer. my true dream in life is to live off grid in the woods and run a forge all day. i have painfully accepted that in the almost 30 years that i have existed i have always been alone with very few friends and that is just the way life is sometimes. the universe is a balancing act and sadly you can't have good things all the time. sometimes people need to be on the other end.

Shrooms

I know exactly what you mean user. At least from my perspective.

Long story short my wife just ended up telling me to just be myself in front of family and other people. I took that to heart.

I don't happily talked to anyone anymore. Anytime I do it's not with enjoyment or happiness. Not even fake happiness. I just stopped caring for talking to anyone and everyone.

All because I think most if not all my interactions with others are fake, scripted and repeated. Every day, every week, every year. All fake, no one gives a shit.

it's easy. stop giving a fuck.
depression just means that even if you got what you were pining for, you'd still feel nothing anyway, so take comfort in the fact that it'll never end.
well, it can, if you've got the balls for it.

do your interactions with your wife feel real? I mean Im not autistic like some rk9 shit, I function pretty well in social situations but it just feels prepackaged and unimportant

My interactions with her the majority of the time don't feel real. Long story short, she's pretty naive and ignorant while pretending to know what she doesn't know. That's a bit over the top description but it fits.

I cannot stand peoe like that although I do love her. It's gotten to the point that she pisses me off so bad that I cant stand it and I withdraw from reality. Withdrawing is what I do with pretty much everything to try and escape the reality.

I can interact socially fairly well. I don't have the motivation to because it most always ends up being void and worthless in the end...

Guns. Certainly not the answer for many people but it's a hell of an escape to go to the range for a day and blast off a few hundred rounds. Forget about everything else for a bit and ride the adrenaline. Nice little distraction. Just remember, if you suck start a gun you get to have your grave danced on by cunts like Feinstein.