Is this infected Sup Forums?

Is this infected Sup Forums?

Can't really tell from the picture, do you notice any kind of odor emanating from the wound? Additionally, how long ago was it stitched up? Looks like a pretty sloppy ass stitch job.

can't tell from pic but discolored part is gray-green

1 week ago

also doesn't smell but is numb

Go doctor now. A proper one, that shit isnt even excusable from an intern.

You might have an infection going on there. Are you on any antibiotics? It shouldn't look like that a week after unless the stitches are ready to break out. But the wound itself doesn't look very healed, so I'd probably check with whoever stitched you up or a doctor and let them answer you.

I had a similar wound, my left index finger was split like a banana. It looked just like your wound when I finally went to the doc and they had to amputate part of it and put me on some hardcore antibiotics. All because they left a stitch in.

Samefag

But yeah, even as a non med-fag, I could do a better stitch job than that. Go get that shit checked out bud.

nope, looks like its healing amazingly actually

Let's see some before pics.

numb is normal for a cut like that. you have nerve damage. you may never feel that thumb again

wasn't too concerned till I bumped it tonight and it didn't feel right

how'd you cut your's I did mine on a meat slicer

before

told me to remove bandage after 24hrs

OP DOC HERE. Healing up well. Keep it up.
Digits tend to need 10-14 days of sutures in to heal well. I'd leave it alone. You will have numbness as the terminal nerve runs along part of the laceration.

You can't tell from the picture but the tip is like green gray man is that normal?

going to doc regardless to get stitches out but should I go sooner than later?

pic at hospital

This LOOKS normal to me, it is a stitched wound, so it will be hurting, smarting and there may be other discomfort.
If you experience mounting pain over time with more and more swelling and reddening of the surrounding tissues, then THAT would be a sign of inflammation / infection.

Left index finger was caught between a 50 pound block of ice and concrete, in a glove. It hurt like hell but I didn't realize the damage until I pulled the glove off. Then my finger was in three pieces.

Wish I had a picture of my wound to show you but all I have is the scar after 11 years.

thanks for all the advice guys, probably will follow up on monday to play safe

god damn your nail

continued

I'm assuming thats the piece that was amputated on the tip

It can get infected.

Try to stay most of your daytime on a dry place (not with humidity nor cold) so the skin can be kept drier and gives less chances for fungus.

Then once or twice a day put the finger in mildly warm water with a good amount of salt inside for about 3 to 5 minutes so you can keep the outside skin clean and fresh.

Other than that, rest a lot and don't push that finger around.

so petroleum jelly and a band aid is a no go?

Yup, it's pretty well fucked. Don't mind the brown staining though, that's just nicotine because I chainsmoke lol. But yeah, they amputated the left side of the tip because once they removed the giant ass rotting infected blood blister, they discovered another stitch underneath there. And that fucker was good and dug in so removing it didn't feel too good without anything to numb it.

Fingers heal quick though. Still have feeling in mine for the most part and can still use it. You'll be alright user. I'd just get it checked out if I were you.

If you had an infection, you'd probably have the finger reddened and enlarged. Don't have to be painful, but sure can be, and ofc, it's gonna get warmer coz vasodilation and inflammatory agents.

To me it don't look like an infection, just a bit of discoloration top left part. If it hurts even at the slightest touch, it probably is though.

Another pic lol

>Got mine caught in a warehouse door almost 2 years ago. Tried catching the door for somebody out of reflex cuz it locks when it shuts.
>Never even knew my finger was dangling.
>shaking my hand like "ow my finger got caught"
>the look on my coworkers face.
>I think you need to go to the hospital bro.
>look down and OH SHIT *starts screaming bloody hell*

>these pics are after I put the finger back together best i could to keep pressure on it till i got to the hospital.

Does it smell infected?

>wife had one of her pads that i wrapped around it tight with the sticky shit to itself. hurt like a bitch to take off lol

Been there for sure Sup Forumsro. I didn't even think I did any damage when my finger was split in two, but then I pulled the glove off and my finger was basically just bone with two pieces of skin that used to be attached to it. Then I waited about 3 hours to go to the hospital because our run wasn't quite done yet. Still think the ER doc did a damn fine job.

>they had to remove my fingernail and replace it with a fake one for a while to be able to stitch under the nail.
>was a total of 28 stitches to sew it back in place.

Did it heal alright?

I am screaming

>after a few months of daily cleaning etc. i could take off the splint and he said to beat it and bend it as much as possible to help the cells activate and grow.

>Looks like a pretty sloppy ass stitch job.
He's asking for medical advice on Sup Forums. He probably stitched it himself.

NOOOOOOOOOO

>healed up fine. and they said my nail was gonna grow back in like 2-3 years but it grew back in 6 months lol
>could just be my genetics though. my body produces wayyy too much calcium and i tend to get kidney stones frequently.

I view Sup Forums as a bunch of cellar-dwellers for the most part so I doubt any of those fuckers have any kind of ability to treat their own wounds. But threads like this remind me that Sup Forums is a cornucopia of people.

>the feeling was gone for a long time. doc said it may never come back since the nerves were destroyed, but it's touch and go. sometimes i get the feeling back in it. other days not so much. I massage it to help circulation all the time though too.

I was stabbed right below the elbow and it took me almost a year for my nerves to regrow, It was a strange feeling

Looks like you healed up pretty good. Mine was pretty similar. Fucked up fingers and hands are a constant with blue-collar work. Proud to have every scar though.

>tbh the only thing that bugs me anymore about it is the scar tissue is super-sensitive a lot of the time. it's the only real feeling i have and it hurts and aches sometimes but at least i feel something xD the pain means it's still working!
pic unrelated it's just my wife.

sorry I'm falling asleep. I should clarify that below my wrist to my elbow felt funky as fuck for a year.

but really op i think you're fine. Dont fuck with it or get it wet. Put a bag over it in the shower if you have to.

It'll probably come back eventually, but maybe not at 100%. I can notice a definite difference between my fucked up index finger and my normal index finger in terms of feeling and sensation, after 11 years. But for the most part I can use it as normal and not really notice it in my day-to-day.

Since it was through the nail-bed, it probably will be sensitive as fuck. But that'll go away as the scars start to calcify and grow old. Have you noticed that your nail on that finger is much thicker than the other nails? Mine did that. Your wife is 10/10 though, good going user.

best thing you can do op is to keep it clean, keep it dry other than your ointment/creams and make sure you clean it daily for the first month or two. soak it in some hyrdogen peroxide but not too much cuz it actually slows the healing down.
>pic unrelate again just some of my tats lol. i have a pretty high pain tolerance, kidney stones all the time and lots of tat work done but DAMN getting a finger cut off/smashed is the worst.

Idk about 10/10 man. I’d give her a solid 5

God you’re a fuckin tool.

OP here I am basement dweller

Yea man it's thicker I've noticed. Theres some part where the nailbed didn't grow back but the nail grows over it so i gotta be careful to make sure it doesn't get fungus so i keep it as short as possible and as clean as i can all the time.
>wife as emilia.

How am I a tool user? I been playin World of Warcraft since release, and the Warcraft games even before then.

no thats a solid 10

probably has a nice smile

>real pic of

thanks

ya op like said just keep it clean

op again
thanks for all the advice!
it was way more informative than what I recieved from the hospital

I stand by my rating. 10/10. Additionally, from what little I know about you from this thread, I'd buy you a beer and drink with you. Godspeed user. There ain't many of us on Sup Forums that actually give a shit but I wish you the best bud.

Thanks man, best of luck to you as well Sup Forumsrother. If one day we cross paths I'd take you up on that.
Any time OP. The REAL thing that sucked was not feeling like a man cuz I couldn't open jars or do normal things for my wife for a while. She was the one who had to open jars for me and she's a tiny weak little thing LOL.