I work at an Institut for Psychology

I work at an Institut for Psychology
Tell me what is going on in your life and I will give you tips to improve
>No question is dumb
My English is a bit rusty but I will try my best.

I think I have a schizoid personality. I have no friends and I'm perfectly OK with it. I prefer my own company other that of others. I see a lot of flaws in humanity itself and loathe the fact that these flaws exist in me. No matter how hard I try to eliminate these flaws, I'm still human and still have to exist in a human society. I don't hate myself, but am disappointed that I must practice what I consider barbaric practices in order to survive. I have a low opinion of humanity.

Hanging with a group of friends, seems I'm an outcast. Any tips to improve that status?

maried, no kids, don't want any
wifevas Asperger, no affection or real communication
no friends or family ever visiting, living a lonely life
youth full of family drama, depressed mother trying suicide or pretending to
parents always in bad fights, no contact with their family
stuck in my job, always working hard but bullying boss neglects me coz I tend to criticize him
always feeling depressed and useless
so: I am a pretty average Sup Forumsro, right?

I'm broken on the inside. I view sex as too much of a chore, and not exciting.
I would much rather be alone.
I like my girlfriend. But she wants sex all the time.

what's your job there?
janitor?
and I don't mean it in the Good Will hunting way

My mom died when I was 7, I was sexually abused when I was 8, I was bullied from elementary to high school and my dad died when I was 17. How do you think this affects me now?

If OP made this thread as a joke, he will have a mean bunch of weirdos hunting him down

Hi im a Scientologist.

Even though all claims of successful Psychology are false, i will humor you.

1. Name one benefit Psychology has upon mental illness.

2. Do you feel drugs and medication are necessary while undertaking psychology?

3. Name somebody this week that you feel has benefited through your some sort of Psychology.

4. Do you feel that sometimes lies are told to benefit the client rather than have them face the truth?

5. How do you feel about Scientology's answer to Psychology?

be more open, engage more, hard to tell more with that little info
low opinion comes obvsl often with a lack of self esteem, all the standards u know come from someone else and if you dont want to be the ideal person other prefer that is ok, it is important to mention tho that you should up the human contact even if it is only 2-3 times a week

go to bed, Leonard

It is a small company and I am the dude responsible for IT there. I am still pretty involved in psychology and I talk to a lot of academics

end of thread

Well kinda new to the group, we get high together, hang out and so on. But I usually get thrown out of their plans

hi im 17
i just moved to another country and studying in university and living on my own
when i lived with parents they always prohibited me to hangout with girls.
now i live alone and the thing is i still afraid of talking to girls and not because i have no experience but because i'm afraid that my parents will know it.
what should i do to feel more comfortable

1 even if it sometimes doesn't benefit the client, they can adapt to their mental illness and make changes which are beneficial for it
2 no, in my company like 1/10 gets medication regularly and you we don't hand drugs to folks without testing them and asking about their intentions

will answer the questions 3-5 later other questions have priority

It's those social interactions that I have such a low opinion of. Males expect some sort of testosterone fest for social position. I consider the whole concept of social position within some "pecking order" absurd, wasteful, and counter-productive. Interactions with females are similarly absurd since they have their own ways of establishing a social pecking order.
For the most part, I try to avoid committing this myself. But I am human and not always successful. But my attempts make me superior to those who never try at all.
And BTW, my efforts happen to make me popular among those who are regularly rejected by the rest of society. It's easy for me to give them one thing they crave; the one thing others refuse to give: social acceptance.

>I am the dude responsible for IT there
Nice one, OP

I feel like there is some kind of fundamental life concept that is super obvious and innately known by everyone except me. I know that it is there because I can infer it is there from its properties, kind of like dark matter or some shit. I think it has something to do with competitiveness or something, like how people can get really into games? I don't know.

small steps, go on a social media platform of your choice and talk to a girl, say banal things like "thank you and have a nice day" to a female cashier even if it seems chringeworthy, find some new contacts trough your friend and engage

i also test the kids dude, pls try understanding test systems like wset and cbcl
pro tip u cant

I always feel myself depressed when falling in love with someone. I feel anxiety even if have girlfriend or surrounded by friends.

is socializing through Sup Forums is ok?
i was thinking of finding somekind of discord chat or viceversa and trying to get rid of this stupid afraidness

Dont like really having any friends, never had much luck with love, its not that im ugly but i never get it. I always look at someone like they are inferior to me physically or mentally, and i dont know how to change that, it happens on the first impression. All i do is learn and train and im preety okay with that but id rather want to at leaste have some degree of social life

I don't have friends, i don't know how to make friends, nobody seems to want to be my friend. send help.

Do you think it's possible for me to become a gay man? Convert from straight to gay?

trying to do some samaritan work at Sup Forums :
tell us about the problems in your life, OP

don't be afraid of change
it is totally fine if you are unsatisfied with your life but do not expect others to change in your favor, that is not going to happen
small changes can make a lot different
hard to tell with that little information but you should cut contacts u don't want and look for new contacts/persons u enjoy
Try to talk to your boss respectively and rational
if he doesn't understand you can't say u haven't tried

totally fine
if you are comfortable with chatting you can go on and speak with them
small steps make a big impact

I am 20 my life seems pointless i dont believe in any god if i die im just dead
Everything i will do doesn't care either because in the end when you are dead it won't matterat all
This is why i cant get myself to do anything
How can i get out of this i mean i cant just ignore the fact of what i believe of death

Can you comment on the internal mechanics of identifying, analyzing and overcoming fixations in particular if they are sexual in nature, e.g. fetishes?

How can I talk my way into a Vigil/Modafinil prescription in Germany? Can I argue that I have sleep shift disorder, or am I better off coming clean and saying I need it for the occasional heroic effort at work?

ah i can feel you
some kids i work with feel somehow the same
"if they are angry or sad" why should they do the thing their parents expect from them? because no one else will do it for you!
i know i know at 20 it seems everyhing is known, everything is boring and just the same but it actually isn't
of course you can say we are just born to wake up, work, sleep and die
but at the end it somehow matters
That you think that death is meaningless is not bad nor good it is just your view of the world
Go out and explore the world, find meaning but be rational

u need to undergo diagnostic for this sort of drug
be honest and dont lie
if you mention any specific drug u probably wont get it

Thanks for the advice ill try to do something different today not like what i would do every day...
Thank you

And how to I get to the diagnosis I need without mentioning the drug by name?

how much is the rate for an appointment

Or am I better off just trying to score it on the black market?

i don't have any experience in fetishes/sexual psychology
for overcoming fixations I would recommend internal or outside triggers speak telling someone about it and techniques like the good ol' "thinking about your grandma" when it comes up

depends on the age/ if you have healthcare and what type of symptoms -> test we have to use on you
>some dont charge for the first evaluation but we do

I should probably give an example. Let’s say during early childhood, a person was exposed to their mother walking around topples in jeans. Later in the adolescent life, a strong fixation on women in jeans developed. Later still, in adult life, the person has identified that fixation and linked it to the early childhood events. My questions are: how does a person identify such events from early childhood most effectively and are there ways to soften the fixation, maybe even to the point where the fixation can be resolved?

go to your doctor and be honest what you need
don't get some stretched shit which is potentially dangerous
srsly you have a choice now, please make the right decision

No problem, thnx for the answer.

Everything was going good but I failed at some point

it seems like you are new to and probably old group
try to engage with a part of a group speak one to one or two conversation
invite them and do not always wait to be invited
try to play different personalities, if they like you more enthusiastic or idk funny adapt to that but dont force anything

I haven't been outside or talked to someone properly in like 10 years. What do I do? Diagnosis is social anxiety but I doubt exposure therapy will work.

have you tried it?

I can go outside just fine, I just don't have a reason to do so.

Traumatic events affect everyone different
I had clients explode bc of minimal things and also ones who have seen hell and are just fine it seems.

What should I do about my brother?

>we lost our parents a while ago but he was like this when they were alive too
>spends all day home yet does nothing around home
>never listens when I speak to him,he just spaces out and looks through me
>he is 24 years old and he has no friends
>we have two cars and his was a great car with with only 37000 miles on it but now it's a rusting shit heap because he never drives it
>doesn't know the basics of anything and looks at me like I am an alien after I yell at him for not taking of his muddy shoes after I cleaned up the house
>doesn't have a shred of empathy at all,it's like he is disconnected from the world

Basically,I am supposed to be his mom and I fucking hate him for it.

It is always hard to tell without a test what to do in these situations
Good way to change someone's behavior is through shame yes shame
Go to your/his near family and find someone who is willing to help you
Together confront your brother what needs to change and what thinks he wants to do in his life!
Be his anchor but not his maid.
If all these things dont work try to go to a doctor with him. Maybe its a hormonal disorder maybe a neural one.

then find a goddamn reason
as hard as it sounds no one is going to help you except you
find a hobby like photography, climibing, sports just dont be passive

OP here guys
I hope i could help some of you guys
I need to go maybe coming back this evening with another thread
Have a nice day

Thanks for the reply,I think you are for real. Shame does work but only for a while. I stopped talking to him yesterday and now he is doing all these kiss ass moves like cleaning the house. But I know that when I start talking to him again that he will return to his old patterns. It saddens me that I have to freeze him out and do extreme shit just so he listens. Also I found out a creepy thing about him yesterday...

>I confront him and he spaces out and I pester him for half an hour and he starts crying and saying "I don't know what's wrong with me,you are right"
>he does that everytime we have this fight and I called him out on it he stopped crying so he does that on command

revenge is never an option and stop talking to him won't resolve things
try out my methods and if you want to understand more look up positive psychology on wikipedia/youtube

thanks bro,I appreciate it

OK here goes a few years ago I was mugged and attacked and left for dead.
I have to take antidepressants and ptsd pills.
I have lost the sense of taste and probably won't get it back.
Docs said it was physical damage to my never in my nose and brain, and some psychological issues will I ever taste and smell again?
I also have have horrible smells that stay for days on end burning rubbish type smell.
Any advice

"test the kids"