I'm fucking depressed as shit. Do kids make you happy? I want a reason to live and have always wanted a kid...

I'm fucking depressed as shit. Do kids make you happy? I want a reason to live and have always wanted a kid. Just don't know if I'd fuck up my kids life too

Got 3, drive me insane sometimes but yeah make me pretty happy. Its what we are born to do, procreate. Even if you off yourself down the line if you have a kid you've achieved your purpose

Choose to be happy.

Of corse they do

Kids only make me happy in certain situations....

Depends on your age and finances OP. If you're young and don't have a career I'd avoid children.

Ask yourself this: do you think you're grown up enough to teach someone else how to grow up?

Kids DO NOT make you happy. Kids are kids. They do not exist to serve the parents emotional or physical needs. To the contrary, parents TAKE CARE of kids, because the little bastards don't know how to do anything and have to be taught. I have two boys whom I love very much. I am happy and am happy with my kids. However, my happiness comes from my wife, our shared life, etc. My kids do not and cannot provide emotional or financial security for me. Because they are KIDS. Don't have kids if you want something from them. It is too much of a burden for an eight year old who is trying to figure out how the most basic social interactions. They will not make you happy.

Kek

If you yourself are unhappy, how will an external stimuli make you happy?

You need to fix yourself. Nothing else can do it for you. Why are you depressed OP?

Kids will make you be active, going places, doing things, keeping a schedule. That can be very rewarding and may make you a much happier person.

You could replace kids with dogs and your sentence would still be valid.

This.

I never said the kids would be the part that actually makes you happy, but it's a compelling option. Technically you could just replace it with a really involving hobby or new friends, or a drinking problem.

Ultimately there are a lot of behavioral changes that could have a major impact on your depression OP. The big thing is doing things, sitting on Sup Forums all day masturbating and eating pizza rolls is nice now and then, but if that's all you do you're going to be a depressed and greasy piece of shit.

I would suggest before committing to kids, try a puppy or just change your daily routine and start to include a walk or a trip to a park and see if that helps things.

this

You made my day, I am pushing mine out for a stroll in the park... Thanks for the picture

While they young they are awesome man. So much fun. Everyday is a blast. Go to the movies, toy stores, play games like skylanders with them, watch cartoons. They show you real love. They get older they suck.

So ballpark 12-14 it's gameover man.

Is it the 1950s?

Kids arent a fucking pet, you shouldnt just decide to have kids for your own personal gain. Its a commitment for life, unless when you're black.

Well what were you like as a kid/teen?
That's just a good age to get your own hobbies again and let them enjoy being a teen.

>Do they make you happy?
Fuck no. Kids are little shits and the worst.

They do give you purpose though. They give you someone to provide for other than yourself and the annoying vapid shallow unhappy cunt you share a bed with. Children are great and think you're a superhero.

It's nice having someone who truly loves you unconditionally to come home to after a bad day or a long day.

The teenage years are pretty shit though. Kids and teens don't understand the concept of money. They'll think you're just being an asshole if you refuse to buy them expensive things but once they leave and get into the world, that phase passes.

Nothing external will make you happy. Find out what's bothering you so much and try to accomplish what you're missing out on in a way that satisfies your needs. This will help you beat depression, and once you have you could try the biggest achievement and sole purpose of mankind: procreation.

SHORT VERSION

Kids will drive you fucking insane 95% of the time, and suck up most of your time..

5% of the time you'll be happy/proud, the rest of the time you'll just be fucking drained and frustrated

My gf was the same way being depressed, we have a puppy now and its changed things around and she is much happier. Also, keeps her busy and thinks about it less. We both love our dog. I would recommend one if you have the time and wanting something to take care of.

>the annoying vapid shallow unhappy cunt you share a bed with
Choked on water. At the time of reading this the insufferable money sucking machine known as my wife is bitching that her mother only calls her when she needs something and never wants to just talk. I told her maybe if she were pleasant to talk to, more people would and now she won't shut up.

I have two kids and I love them to death but God damnit why did I get married? She's nothing but a money drain and an occasional lay. Not a good one either. She just lays there.

kids do, but babies don't.
and as long as you foster a healthy home with family values, teenagers will, too.

Kids are cool, but they don't really fix your internal issues. I still have mine, but at least for now they (and my wife) are what keep me from ending it all (begrudgingly).

please do not have kids

please do not have six kids

please do not allow the man/men you are with to hurt these kids

please do not bring a child/children into the world without being wholly ready to accept responsibility of their safety and welfare

please do not have kids

>inb4 faget

2017, every story about marriage is a bad one, every guy that has been married for decades barely have a positive word to say about their wives, 50% of marriages end in divorce and the other half is probably a mixture of staying together for the kids, being old and thinking they wont find anyone else and a small percentage that is actually happy.

People still getting married in 2017

This should be mandatory to recite for everyone who wants to procreate.