Who /alcohol/ here?

Who /alcohol/ here?

How much do you drink? What is your drink of choice?

3 handles a week, vodka

also a few beers

48 bottles of Yuengling a week. Time to hit the gym after work.....sit down......6 pack gone.

I usually drink 10/12+ beers, 3 bottles of wine, or a bottle of whiskey (the equivalent of about 24 - 30 units of alcohol) most nights whenever I have money.
Not had a drop in 6 days since no money... and don't get any again until a week tomorrow.
Gonna try and go a whole month without drinking starting from when I last had some... I'm determined to get myself out of this horrible drinking habit that I've had for several years.
Got an alcohol gut that I really need to shift... I want to be sexy again.

This summer that just past, I sometimes would chug a whole wine bottle and 24 oz beer before I go out to eat alone. And then order a draft of a beer and a shot.
I don't do that anymore since school's back in session and I have something to do again lol.

Got this earlier today. It's nice and bitter just how I like it

I know that feel bro

Depression + boredom = alcohol.
It's the quickest and easiest way to solve it.

Stop kicking me in the feels

Oh yeah, that's why I drink. Intense depression and boredom can be solved with a few drinks. But definitely leads to bigger 'problems' down the road, weight gain being one of course.

I just struggle to imagine a life without drinking at this point. I'm so lost in life and drinking almost brings a morbid sense of meaning to it all.

>Depression
Depression doesn't even exist. Its just a state of mind.
With that being clarified, Boredom = alcohol.

20 bottles of 0.5 l beer on weekend. Maybe few other drinks. Nothing during the week.

only drink on fri/sat nights. (unless theres a shindig on). Mostly red wine. i'd say 20 units a week.

Stupid britbong football season ticket holder here, I binge almost every other weekend. Feeling like death today but I regret nothing

>alcohol taxes are out of this world in my country
>can't afford to become and alcohol
>only drink on special occations and it's usually just beer

2 handles a week+18 pack a day. Send halp.

>2.5 years sober
>started getting intense cravings
>I just want a nice craft beer
It doesn't get easier, does it?

Nope. No moderation? No beer for you.

Red wine.

3-4 times per week

I love it.

just ONE more can't hurt? You've already been sober for so long and now it's time to reward yourself with a cold, delicious beer.
Just think about the aroma of the beer when it fills your nostrils as you raise the glass towards your lips. The foam gently touches your upper lip at the same time as the dark, golden liquid flows through your lips and fill your mouth with it's delicious taste of grain and alcohol
mmmmm....

A handle a week. Down from 2 or 3

Open question:

How long did it take for you to realize you were an alcoholic, and how much were/do you drink?

Still refuse to admit it.
I'm

I still kinda refuse but can see I’m getting there. I think I have control but know that at some point I will start not too. Not too much, I usually drink once every other week, either half a liter of beer, or few doses of whisky, or just half a cup of amond or peach licor. My worst was at like age 15 when I started drinking 96° alcohol (ethanol, of course) meant for anything but drinking. Was more experimenting than getting fucked up tho, and only felt sick after drinking once when I hadn’t anything to eat or drink for like 4 hours and downed a cup of gin and some whisky.

You're one of those "if it doesn't happen to me it doesn't even exist" guys... aren't you...

There's not much better than drinking too much beer and watching footie on the weekend.
As an Arsenal fan, I definitely needed a drink this weekend...

usually a shot or 2 of vodka in the morning and some whiskey at night

danzka vodka has been my favorite for a while now, and the Famous Grouse my go to scotch whiskey

how many teeth do you have?

Usually, I have a glass or 2 of Hennessey a week.

Typically I'll go through about a litre/0.26 of a gallon of spirits a day.

With boxed wine or beer it's about 3 litres/a gallon a day, depends on what I feel like drinking.

I have severe hallucinations and drinking is the only way to make them less terrifying. I also NEED to smoke at least a little weed before sleeping or I have horrific nightmares that genuinely make me want to never sleep again.

you should get some prescriptions before your liver explodes

I didn't used to like drinking too much. Mainly because every time I drank it was binge drinking with friends, very unpleasant experiences.

But then I started hanging out with this dude who liked his beer, and me and him got drunk together alot. I began to truly appreciate drinking through him, really.

Then I made a massive mistake of buying some alcohol to drink alone at home. I really liked it, and started to do it more and more often.

I probably realised I was somewhat of an alcoholic when I simply couldn't stop for more than a few days, and the amount I was drinking on a daily basis.

At my worst I was drinking 12 cans of 5% lager a night and now, it's usually about 8 cans every couple of nights, like I have a day without drinking inbetween. I also enjoy my vodka, I was drinking nearly a litre of it every day for a good few weeks. It was fucked up.

So my drinking isn't as bad as it was, but it's still pretty bad.

I've tried, but every time I seek help I get told "Your case is too severe, let me refer you to someone else." and then I get thrown into an endless cycle of referrals. I've just given up on seeking help by this point, I've been to dozens of doctors in the past few months and they all say I'm too far gone for them to be able to do anything for me. Feels bad man.

Nice trips though.

how much do u drink?

Like I said in my previous post, typically at least a couple litres a day of whatever I can get my hands on. Unless I finish it all I will literally not stop until I black out.

8 beers / day except when partying.
Need something get out of this habit.

I drink 24 beers a week (i try all in 1 night but it always bleeds into the next day, too)

am i at risk or am i already there?

I generally drink till I pass out or run out.
About 12 beers a day though with 1 or 2 mixed drinks on the side if I have it.

Just bought 48 beers and planning to start drinking them all now just to see how many I can go through in a all day drinking session.
4 beers a day isn't that bad, I'd say 2 is about average for most people so you are just a bit higher than that.

quit, 3 years clean, made me depressed

still miss it sometimes, oh well