Have you ever gotten laid because you play music?

Have you ever gotten laid because you play music?

Fuck no.

Nah. Nobody cares about the bass player.

yes, a lot of times, met my current girlfriend cuz she said i was bad at singing but i could strum well lol

Only once. One of the organizers of a battle-of-the-bands concert took a fancy to me. I was doing vocals for a dadrock cover band (with an actual dad on drums). I also took a guitar solo on two of the songs.
She was an Irish-Dutch brunette, sharp nose, long chin, but gorgeous legs. Couple years older than me, and about the same height. Very Boho/artsy, slightly neurotic. Smoker.
Her number was on our stage passes along with the other organizers', so a few days after the final competition round (which we didn't win), I asked her out. We went to an obscure book launch at my old university jazz club; it was comfy. She looked great in the traditional Little Black Dress. After that we went to a bar near her place for some drinks (including a few shots), and then finally her place. The memory is hazy, for obvious reasons, but I do remember locking my arms around her and toppling her onto the bed, both of us giggling like children.
I cooked us some breakfast in the morning, then ended up eating all of it because she was smoking instead. Never saw her again, but we're still Facebook friends. I think she's in Thailand now.

No because I play music, but because of where I was due to playing music.
I wouldn't have met that girl unless I was in that band playing in this gig, but she wasn't particularly impressed that I played music, cause she did too.

did we ask for your lifestory faggot?

>bassist and pianist
It's probably not going to happen.

Not even because I play, which I don't, just saying I was looking for a band was enough. Don't think she REALLY cared about that, though.

No, but I think I could if I wanted to? My drummer has a friend who's 35ish (I'm 25) that thinks I've "got attitude" and at our last show the drummer's wife was telling me how I should make a move and how she wants it too. But I'm not gonna marry her and not that into promiscuity so I aint gon do nuffin. I don't think the kinda music we play is gonna pull a lotta young tail, but I just like getting drunk and rocking out hehe.

Nope. Then again I'm autistic and also a bassist so

Same fag,
All you autists that keep spurting on about being a bassist need some confidence in your damn instrument. I play bass and fucking rip. It probably helps that I'm in a 3 piece, but if you're just standing in the back bopping your head doing nothing that shit's on you. If someone's only impressed by some shitty guitar player playing chords do you really want them suckling your ebic micro benis?

>inb4 projecting

Yep

do you count beatbox? not just because of it but it does help

I was listening to New Bermuda by Deafheaven with a qt pale grill when she asked me to fuck her. Now I know that correlation != causation but her wardrobe leads me to believe something about the music turned her on. These liberal arts girls with their all black outfits sure love """metal"""

Twice. The first girl and I dated for almost 2 years, the second girl had a huge Italian boyfriend that she cheated on and I thought that I was going to die when he found out about it. He ended up dumping her the same day I did.

This

No, but i beat my meat harder since i started playing

I play jazz, dude. Can't really do fun stuff while playing jazz. You can look pretty emotive, but rarely you'll be able to have something of an attitude. That said, the last band I was in was weird, but fun, and while I didn't get laid there were a few girls interested in me. I didn't end up with any of them because I was dating at the time, but hopefully once I'm in a rock band again I'll get some chicks.

When I was 18 I was on a very long, international train ride when the train broke down. It was an incredibly hot day and although I never learned the specifics, from what I gathered the engine of the train -or at least one of them- had overheated while airconditioning failed in a few carriages. Passengers from said carriages were allowed to use unused seats from other carriages as to not pass out.

A 34 year old woman from one of the carriages with the failing airconditioning sat next to me. She noticed I was reading Anna Karenina and told me she was doing a big Russian lit reread as she pulled a copy of War & Peace out of her suitcase/large purse (whichever it was). We spent the next six hours talking about everything from literature to work to wine to our dreams in life to having sex with chickens (trust me, it made sense in context) to our childhoods to plain nonsense. I knew and know her better than I do most of my friends, and although I would not descrive it as love or anything more sexual like the implications in this thread, I do not think I've ever enjoyed someone's company so much and so quickly as I did that woman's. She got off the train about two hours before I did.

I never saw her again.

Heartfelt story. Did you fuck?

grills don't like ambient producers so no

Interesting. What did you cook for breakfast? What cooking implements did you use to do so? Was it a pre-prepared breakfast recipe that you use for walk-of-shame scenarios, or was it something you cooked up spontaneously? Please, tell us more!

Sadly not.

yes

every single time

mostly girls who dont listen or care about music but periphery scenesters whod heard I was good

I'm glad you realize how special that was. True meeting of minds is rare AF, especially across the gender line.

happy and sad at the same time

user I...

Dunno if it was cuz of me playing or not but after college I used to jam with these dudes in a big old house and every Friday and Sat we would jam and the place would fill up with college kids and almost every time would end of up with a QT after the late night jam...

I would always catch their eye earlier in the evening and watch them watch me...and the ones that hung around late were good to go.

Seems like a dream now but those were good times!

Seconding this. I don't play bass myself, but one of my friends that does is typically the best part of the band when he plays, especially when we don't have a drummer for rhythm. It's a very powerful instrument.