What does Sup Forums thing of The Police?

What does Sup Forums thing of The Police?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KYps5LfOaGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My favorite band. Nobody really sounds like them. Pic related is the best introductory New Wave album and their best album. However, you can't go wrong with any of their albums and there's definitely no consensus as to what their best is. Honestly, if Talking Heads can be Sup Forums core then I don't see why the cops aren't.

HAHAHAHAHAHA STING do do doooo do!!!! Wowowowow.... BABABA floooter

wtf is wrong with you

Underrated here on Sup Forums. Great musicianship, very unique style. Best album is Ghost in the Machine. Oh, and Copeland was the best member by far.

>there's definitely no consensus as to what their best is.

Amen to this. One of the most consistently god-tier bands of all time, in terms of their output. Every one of their albums was an instant classic. It'd be as if U2 disbanded after The Joshua Tree or Talking Heads broke up after Little Creatures.

Move U2 to Zooropa, since save for Rattle and Hum their output was insanely good then.

I think Reggatta de Blanc is my favorite Police album, either that or Zenyatta Mondatta; I don't really like Ghost in the Machine, but about half that album consists of Police classics so I can't dislike it too much

Yeah, Rattle and Hum was what made me call it at Joshua Tree rather than Achtung or Zooropa.

Rattle and Hum still eviscerates October, though. October is easily their most forgettable album of the classic years. At least Rattle and Hum gave us some of their GOAT singles.

FUCK THE POLICE COMIN STRAIGHT FROM THE UNDERGROUND

Childhood is idolizing Stewart Copeland. Adulthood is realizing that Gordon Sumner was far and away the most talented member of that band.

Reggatta de Blanc is my /comfy/ favorite, but objectively it's mostly mediocre besides Message and Walking on the Moon, which are easily two of the strongest singles in the entire discography.

Synchronicity is objectively their masterpiece. It's on a completely different level from anything they had done before, while still sounding 100% like what we had come to expect from a Police album.

Everything that made them so unique and great as a band was pushed to its ragged limits, and the result was the the ultimate conclusion of what their sound could be. It's no surprise that they broke up after it, in hindsight, as they had reached the top of the mountain and there was nowhere left to go.

Whoops, not OP

lot of hidden gems on RdB desu
>title track
>Bring on the Night
>Bed's Too Big Without You
>Does Everyone Stare

One of my favorite bands.

Zenyatta = Outlandous > Reggatta > Ghost > Synchronicity

WOOP

WOOP

I was about to say this. Bring on the Night is my favorite of their non hits. When I hear Edge of Seventeen or even Bootylicious and hear that same intro riff I always get the urge to put on Bring on the Night. That classical arpeggio riff is gorgeous. They always had a killer live rendition on Bring on the Night too.
Wondered when I'd see this. Usually it's the first comment.

Also wondered if I'd see this. It's a new meme though. So I figured it would be a minute.

Yeah, that's why I, fake OP, consider it to be my sentimental favorite. Those three tracks, along with Walking on The Moon, are atmospheric AF.

Time to spin that vinyl. God, I love days off.

Why did Sting become such a cheeseball after he went solo?

Somebody on Sup Forums will defend this turd.

youtube.com/watch?v=KYps5LfOaGg

He always was; Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland held him back, and The Police was known for lots of infighting.

He didn't have Stewart to kick his ass. Can you imagine Stewart's face if the next Police album would be called The Dream of the Blue Turtles?

The Soul Cages is fucking GOAT, and TDOTBT and Ten Summoner's Tales are two of the best adult contemporary albums ever written.

Meanwhile Copeland was forced to watch Sting make the charts his bitch while he was stuck writing soundtracks for 2nd-rate platformers like the cuck what he was.

>adult contemporary
>best

I mean, I enjoyed Cheeseball Sting's antics early on, but after a while they got kinda boring.

One of the most important New Wave bands, but they get discarded for whatever reason. Sting gets more flak than he probably should, because he was largely responsible for their best songs.