Is there a God?

is there a God?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ehRggplMieM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

Nope.

That's the time saving answer. The technically correct answer is to ask you how you're defining god, and then get into a semantic argument... The result of which is:

Sentient entity / Personal God (i.e. the god of the bible): Fuck no.
Some take on a Deist form of God: A meaningless philosophical exercise in that it has no effect on the outcome of your existence.

Then what created the world?

@OP
no

Gravity.
There is no good reason to think so.

I do not know what you mean

gravity.

You can take this all the way back to the big bang and change the question to "what created the universe?"

I would answer "We're not completely sure yet." Which then you could say "Why couldn't it have been God?" to which I would reply "Who made God?"

If you're not getting the tone of my two posts here, it's "Read a fuckin book nigger"

Oh well.

Aliens.

I would answer that we aren't even sure the universe was created. The question itself could be nonsense.

Your question should be are there gods?, given that thousands have been created. And the answer is no.

There is absolutely a God. And he hates each, and every, one of us with a depth and passion that defies our ability to define the word.

Navy SEALs are always taught

1) Keep your priorities in order and
2) Know when to act without hesitation.

A Navy SEAL was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

One of the courses had a professor who was a devout Christian and a member of the Christian Coalition of America. One day this professor shocked the class by exclaiming "God, to show my class you are real, I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes."

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the SEAL got out of his chair, went up to the professor and front kicked him in the chest, knocking him off of the platform. The professor fell flat on his back, dazed. Standing over him, the SEAL proceeded to repeatedly stomp on the professor's head, fracturing his skull. Blood splattered everywhere as the SEAL continued brutally stomping the professor with his combat boots. The professor begged for mercy, eliciting laughter from the SEAL, who ignored his pleas and continued stomping him to death.

As the professor lay dying, he looked up at the SEAL and asked with his final breath, "Why?"

The SEAL calmly replied "God doesn't exist. You're a stupid asshole who needed to be punished for wasting everyone's time with your pious bullshit."

That Navy SEAL's name? Albert Einstein.

Meh, seems like the big bang is an obvious parallel to the biblical worldview. The spontaneous generation of the big bang can create the world, but not fine tune it to the exact specifications required for human existence. Plus humans seem to be irreducibly complex, and it does not seem likely that they could have evolved gradually -- granted there are closer "relatives" such as hominids, but even then there is still too much of a gap.

On the other side, A supernatural designer would be separate from time -- which is a concept consistent with the biblical view, thus our understanding of "origin" would be pointless in the context of a being outside time itself. So you may ask: "who created God?". But that question is still constricted by the barrier of time, when the truth is actually that a God may never have been created, or even originated.

Obvious troll is obvious.

OPs caveman ancestors 50000 years ago after witnessing a volcanic eruption.......is there a god? Nope. Duhhhh then wot cause volcano?

The key distinction that separates "God" from "A currently not understood primordial state of the universe prior to the big bang (which actually did happen)" is that one of these ideas is a dead end that stands in the way of further understanding.

The other is not, and also holds no emotional investment and so can be modified if we come to believe we're wrong about it.

When you get to the point where you're actually putting forth the idea that a God kicked things off, all you're really doing is putting a degree of abstraction there so that you can give up on truth.

I think I just read the only correct answer in this thread.

> it does not seem likely that they could have evolved gradually

Says the guy who clearly doesn't know anything about evolution or hominids.

Long story short: We killed off and possibly interbred with the last remnants of other hominids who developed to nearly the same degree as us but were distinct.

no.

man created god

god did not create man

Yeah everyone, listen to this guy on Sup Forums because he clearly knows everything, fucking cringe worthy fags

butthurt religious person detected.

Why don't you go to church and cry about it you faggot?

>says the cringe worthy fag on Sup Forums

if there's a god, prove it. :)

If everything is about survival, then why are we even able to question are origins? That curiosity does nothing to increase our fitness -- in fact it decreases it by creating uncertainty and confusion.

And as for evolution, either classic Darwinism or by random mutation, or punctuated if that is your thing, it is very shaky. Classical Darwinism can be defeated by the complexity of the bacterial flagellum (Has an actual motor which is essential to it's function), which could not have evolved over time, but must have been created all at once. As for mutation, please give me one example of a beneficial genetic mutation. Punctuated evolution is for the apathetic postmoderns (Ad hominem yes, but lets be honest, punctuated equilibrium is ignorant)

We will probably never be able to answer that question is the correct answer.

We are a very young species relatively speaking. In my opinion we are naive for thinking that we understand god or have even interacted with it yet.

I'd personally rather go through life believing in a god and finding out there isn't one than vice versa.

I do not believe in the biblical form of God. You're your own person, believe what you want to believe and don't let anyone tell you you'll go to hell for not believing what "God said to believe in".

As far as you know this could be your only life, so live it in the way you best can.

I'd recommend watching this video, it might help give some perspective
youtu.be/ehRggplMieM

>Classical Darwinism can be defeated by the complexity of the bacterial flagellum
Debunked literally over a decade ago. Try harder.

>n fact it decreases it by creating uncertainty and confusion.

Are you for real right now? Curiosity and the complex thought required to form these questions has resulted in us being THE apex predator on the planet (through tool use and cleverness) and the hands down most dominant complex organism to ever exist on this planet.

If he is for real, he's on the level of flat earthers.

Imagine a chapter book. It has thousands of words, and hundreds of thousands of letters. Each letter is grouped with some other letters to form words, and each word is grouped with other words to form sentences.

Now all of the sentences are grouped to form coherent ideas and thoughts. It is clear that there is an author for this book, it is impossible for it to have randomly fell from the sky with an equally random chance of a letter showing up, and a word forming and sentences forming which are coherent.

In the same way, the universe is just as complex. There are billions of strands of DNA which make up individuals, which make up species, which make up environments, which make up Earth.

It is unlikely that all of these molecules and DNA randomly generated to act as programming for all of nature, while existing in ideal conditions to support life. There had to be an author

Analogy fails. We observe people authoring books. We do not observe gods authoring DNA.

>please give me one example of a beneficial genetic mutation

Eyes, which creationists always want to point to as being "irreducibly complex" despite being debunked, conclusively, long ago... eyes are a series of both beneficial mutations and slow modification. From light-sensing cells on the surface of the skin, to simple pits that can focus light to resolve basic shape and direction of light sources, all the way to complex eyes.

Wrong.

We don't observe books with new languages appearing spontaneously from nowhere. We witness the development of written language and the process by which a person turns the written language into a book.

DNA came about from much simpler organizations of molecules that slowly grew in complexity until it looked something like what we'd call life... and then all life evolved from this basic life that added further complexity to the structure as life itself got more complex.

Why does every creationist who wants to discuss this stuff want to frame everything as appearing suddenly in it's final complex form?

Oh, that's right... because their idiotic beliefs don't make any sense if they don't.

I have literally no idea.

I believe in the multiverse theory so there is likely infinite universes with a god and infinite universes without one. And it terrifies me that I could possibly be in one of the infinite universes with a God because I am such a sinner.

so. no proof. got it. :)

So even if a couple of molecules spontaneously generated (the big bang), how would they then evolve into a more complex organism. Obviously their would need to be additional limiting factors for them to adapt to, but then what was the source of those factors. It seems to me that there would have to be at least a couple of different spawn from the big bang, so that there could be competition to provoke mutation. This looks like a slippery slope that leads to a sudden explosion of complexity which is not gradual.

Learn what the theory of evolution actually is before you try to talk about it.

Explain why my reasoning is flawed, or do the same yourself

The theory of evolution only deals with life. It does not deal with nonliving matter. There were no organisms period at the big bang. Additionally, the result of the big bang was not molecules, so you don't even know enough to talk about that either.

I understand it Says in Leviticus to kill Rapists and Homosexuals but where does it say to kill Child Molesters?

Well it does tell them to commit genocide, so they probably killed some child molesters doing that.

...then again, they took the virginal young girls for themselves after the killing, so...