Most overrated albums/bands

ITT: Objectively the most overrated albums/bands of all time

>pic related

The only noteworthy member is Slash, because you know he's the one who made Axl 'REEEEE' Rose famous.

Fuck off. GNFR rules the school.

anything by AC/DC
also Swans

Its a great fucking album...what are you on about...are you a pleB?

This is objectively the most overrated album ever made.
Wrong
Correct about the first part, wrong about the second part

this

Pitchfork went full retard on this one.

If Paradise City plays in a forest and nobody is around, does it ever fucking end?

Pic has zero depth in songwriting, with many of the tracks being repetitive as fuck with non-existent variation (read that AGAIN, TVUIF, non-existent repetition, so don't give me the 'you hate anything with repetition you faggots always say.) This is without getting into how rhythmically boring the album is. I never get why the alt/indie rock style of music is so allergic to being rhythmically the worst genre ever made. Anyway, TVU&N is the epitome in music of having a flashy surface aesthetic but with nothing to offer for people that actually like depth and detail. Very, VERY highly influential gimmick trash.

Appetite for Destruction is still the heaviest most aggressive rock album that doesn't have some sort of thematically dark/negative connotation to it while still offering diversity within its limited hard rock style. It definitely deserves its high ratings.

I actually bought a G'N'R box set the other day. It has the first 3 albums. Appetite for Destruction is good, but Lies is terrible. I only liked 'Mama Kin', but that's an Aerosmith song.

Were you even born when this came out? If not, please fuck off.

Patience is the best rock ballad of the 80's, by an insanely long shot, if that's what you're into

Guns n Roses ALWAYS sucked!

You wouldn't say that if you were in St. Luis, MO. back in 1991 Or how about that time in Canada when they caused a riot because Axl didn't want to play, because James Hetfield got badly burned. Fuck this band!

i fucking hate ac/dc so much, its the most generic, lukewarm shit i have ever heard, same goes for aerosmith, guns n roses and all those mom-core arena stage fucks

This albums SUCKS and so does every Clash album after Give 'em Enough Rope.

I HATE when some tv show starts talking about the early days of punk and all of a sudden the title track starts playing! Don't people know that punks HATED this album, and considered The Clash sell outs? People should learn their history before declaring London Calling a "Punk" album, because it's NOT!

Fuck you! TVU&N is GOAT! In fact, I'd go so far as to say that VU NEVER put out a bad record.

No one is denying Axl is a prick, but saying they suck? Come on.

The Velvet Underground died when John Cale left. Anything produced under TVU name after he left is truly terrible, with the singular exception of Foggy Notion. But all that song does is make me wish Lou Reed wasn't such a pretentious cunt

You're wrong, but why don't you give me an album you think is underrated or one of your favorites so we can have something to compare to.

Finally, the truth has been spoken.

Boring, poor song writing, annoying drums, nothing special about it. It's not terrible but so fucking overrated by rym hipsters. Please end this meme.

I respectfully disagree, but I respect your right to hold that opinion.

One of these

Who is this Linkin Park? Any good?

These guys are not really bad just beyond overrated when it comes to posers.

In Utero is so much better

Yeahh I guess
Fuck no
AC/DC albums are underrated but singles are overrated
And no for Swans
Fuck no
Fuck fuck no
On the fence.
(You)
No

Garbage thread so far.

>Patience is the best rock ballad of the 80's

only because More Than Words came out in 1990.

More Than Words>>>>>>>>>>Patience

Yes
Definitely not
Yes for AC/DC, no for Swans
That's my post, but I'll just reaffirm how overrated that shit is
Yes
I guess
Sadly, yes
No fucking way

Fuck slunt. Beyond overrated.

This thread is garbage and so is this album. Wouldn't it be nice is the only song worth listening to.

>No fucking way

Yes way. It's guitar noodle for kids who think no learning music theory makes them special.
Listen to Talk Talk for good early Post Rock not for edgy emos.

the beatles

every song is amazing

Guns N Roses are one of the worst bands of all time, everything they make is so fucking insufferable

Why would anyone care, people who are listening to them unironically are not even seriously into music

because i hear them played all the time, i shouldn't have to be subjected to that

>100 millions albums sold worldwide
>Yeah, they suck.
>INB4 "....b-but album sales don't mean shit..."
Sorry, kid, you sound like a dumbass.

Jesus christ, get over yourselves.

album sales do mean something, it means that 100 million people are fucking stupid

name one good song that GNR made

every song on AFD

Christ you have awful taste

have you actually listened to the album? They cant sing or play their instruments for shit, their lyrics are awful, and they've been outclassed by every other band of their era

I stand corrected. You don't sound like a dumbass, you ARE a dumbass.

One more thing, Rocket Queen is a great song, but go ahead and rip on it and go back to listening to whatever the fuck you listen to, kiddo.

>They cant sing or play their instruments
Yes they can.
>their lyrics are awful
provide some examples
>they've been outclassed by every other band of their era
like which ones?

i have reasons as to why GNR is awful, you appear to have none as to why they're apparently good. perhaps you could shed some light on that?

Just stop, please, you're embarrassing yourself. How old are you?

not the user youre replying too but

>wew lad

did axl fuck your mom or something champ

One of the lesser Floyd albums.

Actually, no, you have not provided any solid reasons other than "they suck, they can't play their instruments, their lyrics are awful..." Weak at best.

Anything from them

>their lyrics are awful

"panties round your knees with your ass in the breeze..."

Whats not to like?