1999 - 2005

>movies will never be the same as they were from 1999 - 2005
>games will never have that magical atmosphere of gothic cyberpunk aesthetics
>chicks will never truly redo what the trending 2000s bands did for fashion like NIN, prodigy, etc.
>you will never re-experience or even experience the booming dark nightclubs on the calibre of Blade, the Matrix
>leather clothing like trench coats will never come back into fashion

is there any point to going on bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/NGU9j
youtube.com/watch?v=CV5sS9ZFisM
youtube.com/watch?v=xULdvBegaQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>no more matrix movies or of that atmospheric calibre
>no more aesthetically copycat games replicating the era
>no more washed out CRT monitor with windows 98 booting up to play some QUAKE

Absolutely no point man, now everyone is just cynical narcissists

LE
WRONG
GENERATION
Yea, because those matrix sequels were so good.

movies suck because the idea to cram everything in like an hour and a half is retarded and only works for like a few movies. Episodic shit is where its at.

>no more truly appealing visual medium that was perfected in the early 2000s
>now all we get are "VAPOURWAVEEEE XDD" or tryhard indie shit to fill the void

>Tfw was born in 92.
>Tfw never got the chance to play CS 1.6

have your (you) nignog the matrix sequels were half decent but the world was taken by storm from that first fuckin movie

also old school memes were the best, and potentially the greatest, memes have become stagnant garbage that make me wanna gouge my eyes out

Old guy here.

You sound like a complete fucking retard.

this is the most fedora thing ever posted on Sup Forums

you are LITERALLY advocating for trench coats and fingerless gloves

great input nigger you probably nostalgia goggle over something like dungeon master.

everyone has got nostalgia for something and it sucks it wont come back

Yes, the first movie was downright amazing, the sequels were just an embarrassment.

This, I can only think of 1 movie I ever really liked (Saving Private Ryan) but most anime shows I've watched was pretty good.

imgur.com/a/NGU9j

shows stagnate over episodic inputs, usually the quality dips likein many tv shows. movies are short, sweet and most of the time do a lot more than other mediums

why are you even here?
Go to bed grandpa, nobody cares

Isn't this constant nostalgiafagging getting a little dull? After a certain point, it's time to move on.

>imgur.com/a/NGU9j
F U C K that hurts to look through honestly, where did it all go so wrong

>gothic
>cyberpunk
>NIN
>prodigy
>dark nightclubs
>Blade
>the Matrix
>leather clothing
>trench coats

Man you sure showed him.

I was born in 1991. Girls from that period are fucking psychopaths.
The generation born from 1987 to 1994 are the most greedy and brainwashed people on earth

Nah buddy, doesn't work when you WERE born in that generation. Not everyone is as underage as you

youtube.com/watch?v=CV5sS9ZFisM

>Will never listen to Deftones for the first time and jam out to my own summer

SOMEONE END THE PAIN WHY DOES IT ALL TURN TO SHIT

It will come back, trends go in cycles. You personal favorite brand of tastelessness will eventually be a big thing again but then you will complain about how the new kids just don't REALLY get it or something like that.

But yeah your childhood will never come back

hot topic people always scared me. i thought they did shit in the woods behind my house and i was always scared they'd be worshipping satan and skinning cats with all the machetes they would leave around.

fuck your long lost clique and the black they dressed in.

>It will come back, trends go in cycles
Up until 1999 everyone was somehow normal. There were edgy retarded grunge kids but things started to rotten after 9/11. Emo, hardcore Straightedge and other garbage combined with gothic and destructive punk were the standard. Right in 2007/2008 the ego boosting iphone/ipod/social media and Big Bang Theory destroyed every hope.

Damn being goth was the hot shit back then but then it got overrun by kiddies in fat pants listening to hardstyle.
Thank god I've been in my perfect age to experience the nightclub scene and cockhungry bitches back then. Life was good.

>fingerless gloves

I disagree, some of the best moments from my life come from the late 90s or 2000s and hanging around those places. I wont say nightclubs had class, but today's world is more selfish and narcissistic than ever before. at least there were cliques where hooking up and having a good time was fair game

I don't remember seeing a lot of fat nerds before but now they seem to outnumber skinny nerds.

What happened?

>early 00's is cool now

this literally says it all, 9/11 literally destroyed peaceful culture across the board, nevermind america. when the late 2000s hit, something went wrong and hollow, i cant pinpoint exactly what though. perhaps it was just being involved in terrorist attacks and war that lead to nowhere

>I NEVER ENJOYED OLD CULTURE LOL WHY BOTHER YOU'RE JUST BANDWAGONING

here you stay

Which places? The only good places in late 90s were arcade places but even so everyone was thinking about MTV and fashion.
The narcissistic behavior started there. The gothic kids weren't that bad, even some emo kids were nice but most of them went from normal to ego boosting narcissistic freak by 2003.

>fooly cooly

holy fuck

Oh fuck I think I actually know this feel. A couple months ago I was watching Gone in 60 Seconds with my dad, and I swear to god, seeing the fashion from that era almost brought me to tears. Why does everything have to be so bland and lifeless these days?

2003 is the literal tipping point though, this was close enough time to when culture completely changed, people became paranoid and less caring, less input on friends and family and more on narcissism. you are right, but i genuinely never understood why all the sub cults got such a bad rap for what they are, little underground cliques that made things interesting. nowadays everyone is literally blending into each other regardless of their tastes, there is no individuality anymore in that sense, besides obsessive selfie pictures and social media illness

finally someone in this thread who understands the feeling. it is that void of culture that seems to be missing, like it just disappeared or something. one moment this type of thing was here with us, suddenly it fades in to virtual non-existence. it is a bottomless feeling.

Here's some movies I can think of that might make you realise

>Deja Vu
>Blade
>Donnie Darko
>American Beauty

fuck american beauty is a good one to what i feel about it

>there is no individuality anymore in that sense, besides obsessive selfie pictures and social media illness
That started around 2003. There wasn't facebook but fotolog(photoblog) was a thing and the depressive narcissistic freak behaviour started there.
Then myspace became a thing in 2004. I've seen dozens of people who were normal before 2002 turning into destructive narcissistic freaks by 2003.
I don't miss that time. People glorified depression and destructive behavior, no one was happy with playing games, everyone wanted to do drugs and drink until your liver exploded

I mean that whole idea of depression and destructive behaviour hasnt disappeared, it is extremely prominent more than anything else. it just seems that lately culture has completely and utterly stagnated. we used to the future to see what world we would be living in, something cyberpunk perhaps, with all that cultural influence maybe? instead what do we get? this clinical modern art garbage world-view. everything is so sleek and angular in this world, from the modern buildings to the night scene.

Pic related, this picture makes me feel ill, just the perfect representation for what it is in store for us.

Ugliness in architecture is done to make people feel ill. That's why music and movies follow the same modern trends of "Avant-garde".
The matrix culture, gothic fashion and sub culture of the late 90s were a prototype for what was going to happen in mid 2000s.

>you will never re-experience or even experience the booming dark nightclubs on the calibre of Blade, the Matrix
>leather clothing like trench coats will never come back into fashion

these still exist and they're awful

>those pictures
so this... is the power... of full blown liberalism

No. It's much worse. It's art.

(((art)))

I witnessed the birth of girls like pic. I knew it was the end.
Their obsession with glorifying mental illness and destruction is the reason why today people see this modern liberalism as normal and part of society

everything is cyclical, your pathetic little teenage wank era was not that unique or special.

you're right, it was a stepstone to things like free-flow menstruation and obsessive feminist garbage, but those beginning phases were great, we just let it go on for too long. just like the western world forgot any values

well this thread was okay while it lasted i guess

>soon legend of the galactic heroes
logh is firmly on the wall of shame now, you need to update this shit.

name one other era in history with video games, a brand new internet and the general 90's aesthetic. I'll wait, because it never existed you dope.

youtube.com/watch?v=xULdvBegaQQ

Kirchies fucking died for this atrocity

dont worry this thread will likely be bumped all the way to the top with shitposting. never underestimate nostalgia

This looks fucking amazing, especially compared to today

Good, that was a horrible period where everyone dressed bad and the music was trash.

nu-metal was way worse than vaporwave. don't complain.

>scene girls weren't cute

Moved to Sup Forums
Ahahahaha, screw off.

You shut up about Linkin Park

>moved to Sup Forums

and rings even truer.

LOL how did this shit get moved are you kidding

LITERALLY touching on videogames and yet moved to a trash heap, classic tranny and mentally unhinged mods. they keep shitposting threads about CHADS though, fucking idiots

>reee im mad
>randomly blames trannies
why is this so common
actual trannies are practically non-existent

nu-metal is fucking good you pile of dogshit, keep your droning garbage to yourself vaporwave faggot

hello mod

>EEK OOOK EEEK BOOOGA BOOOGA BOOOOGA EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK KFC AND WATERMELON!

My kinda girl back in the day.
Goddamn I loved goth high school girls.

>One thing about this period was okay
Its still all shit. It was a time where everything was trying to evolve, but it still had to go through that ugly transition phase. I mean look at that imgur posted above. The quality of the pictures, the televisions, the fashion, the cars, the everything looked disgusting. Its like aliens came to earth and tried to dress like it was the 80s.

>came from a time that crossed over from hand crafted visual design
>photoshop
>in steps the photoshop cancer
>photoshop cancer still exists
>fuck this life
>fuck it all

stop the vaporwave cancer, as it's long past fucked up. the only one that can stop it is you.

(btw, wearing fingerless gloves, fuck those ppl who say these were never "in.")