Fuck my life

Fuck my life

I feel so fucked and I know I'm probably not going to get any comfort here.

So my life has gone up and down since adulthood. I was doing great in college and socially. Then after living with my ex for five years she dumped me through a text. I moved cities, got in good shape, got a mediocre job with good benefits, then just got an awesome job offer I'm my field, then two days later on my birthday I get "let go" from my mediocre job and falsely arrested for which I am paying an attorney to resolve. He claims it is an open and shut case that will get it dismissed, but I'm concerned my new employer will see the pending charge in a background check. I'm white btw.

Any chance you can comfort me?

You know what it's like to pick yourself up when you're down.
You also know that it gets better and isn't always going to feel the way it does now.

The question is.... Are you gonna be a little fucking beta cuck and give up because the road got rocky? Or are you going to man up and pick yourself up and get on with shit until you can look back on the mess you have now and be glad you did?

You need to comfort yourself cunt, you wont find much comfort and solace on Sup Forums, honestly stop being a bitch and do what you have to do... It's your choice.. Good luck with whatever you decide

Op here
I'm already on top of it. I just wanted to hear someone say the pending charge thing wouldn't matter or something.
Ya I know what to do and I'll probably be fine. I'm a tough guy and no matter what I'm going to survive. It's just so disappointing.
I'm starting to see why so many people believe in religion. It seems inexplicable how often and fast things can change.

Well glad you're not giving up, onto the charge.. It really depends man... Lawyers are thieves with suits but if he says it's a sure thing then you can probably have some faith.. you dont seem like an idiot, your deductions will probably suffice.. Also if it's an open and shut case, worse comes to worse you have to explain to your employer that you're a victim of circumstance (so to speak) and hopefully he's not an asshole and he gives you time to resolve the matter, which could take months really because the courts are more backed up than me refusing to do a shit after Mexican... Thats the real problem, it's going to drag out... But even that will end eventually.
You'll be fucking good man, just go about day to day and think about the time when it's all behind you.

Anonfag here, I just thought about it, if you're on Sup Forums looking for some friendly words, you need more friends/to hang out with friends, not a point against you or anything, it would definitely help to keep occupied while you're going through this so it's not eating at you.. Good luck

A background check *probably* won't pick it up that quick. Where do you live?
Also, employers don't take anything but convictions into consideration. If it's something like law enforcement, they would want to know. But other than that I would not worry about it user. You are collecting unemployment, right user? As long as you're not immediately fucked, just let time run its course.

Op here
He's a top rated lawyer and the charge is bogus. If it takes months that could lose me this great job opportunity. My employer isn't a dick, but he might see it as too much of a risk for such a good position. That could leave me unemployed...

Ohio.
Not collecting unemployment. I guess I'll apply for that... They charged me for an OVI for getting a flat tire. I blew a .00 and submitted to a urinalysis because I don't take drugs. They still charged me with a pending OVI.

Yeah do that now. if shit ends up dragging out, you will be thanking yourself. Here in TX it's like 6 months long when you file. I don't know about Ohio

Yeah honestly that won't even show up on your records. Also hey your future employer is investing in human capital. If they aren't willing to listen to circumstances them they probably wouldn't be worth working for, for very long. Just say they arrested the wrong guy and there you go. You don't even have to tell them the truth anyway. Even if you really are innocent it's not like your future employer is going to follow that shit as the case unfolds.

Thanks for the advice. That sucks... I never wanted to be on unemployment..

I see your point. If you werent under influence you'll be fine, plead not guilty, 99% of the time the judge understand you need to do this to review evidence, evidence gets reviewed, you werent OVI, you're golden. No pun intended.

If the case is still open, then nothing is on your record.
Don't trip
And don't even whisper it at your new job.

Well he would want me to be able to drive, but yes I really am innocent. I was just tired from working an early shift ad got a flat tire at night.

He is the only offer I've gotten that is nearly this good so if I lose that I'm kind of in the shit.

Op here
My attorney is pleading not guilty for me at the hearing. He said there is no way he would plead guilty. he has handled many cases identical to mine with the same prosecutor and court.
Thanks man, it's scary shit for me.
It's still open. I fully complied with everything and my license isn't revoked or anything.

I'm not the type to yell sue, but I would have your attorney check the police report real good. If it's on video and you did the sobriety tests and passed them you may be able to get something out of it. assuming you had nothing in your system like you said

Ya I'm going to sue the department if it costs me the job. Should I sue either way? I promise I wouldn't have submitted to urinalysis if I had taken anything, I know all about metabolites.

Background: I used to be a cop in the U.S.

Basically, if they write the report to say that you were acting impaired and they did the sobriety tests and they say you failed them then they can't get in trouble for arresting you.

If it's on video, get a copy, and if the report doesn't match up with how you were acting and how you did the tests, then you could def get some $$.

I wouldn't bother suing unless those conditions are present.

It would also help if you had some kind of history of getting in trouble with the cops in that town so you could say they were out to get you.

TBH in this climate it would also have helped if you were some type of minority so you could say they only arrested you bc you are _______. Sad but that's the way shit is now

Op here
My attorney is already getting the tape. I wasn't acting impaired. I didn't fail the field sobriety test, he just said my eyes looked off. Which of course they were, I was really tired.
I had a minor traffic violation over a year ago, but it was such a small fine it wasn't worth me driving up to contest it.

I'd def look into suing then. They either lied in the report in which case the tape will dispute it and they are fucked.

Or they arrested you only going off your eyes being bloodshot (doubtful they did this)

If the report the cop wrote don't match up with the tape you got a home run and should easily get some $$$

They weren't bloodshot. He said tired and dilated. My optometrist would tell you that my eyes are naturally somewhat dilated.
how much are we talking? Wouldn't I have to pay my attorney more than I would get out of it?

If the case is solid the attorney should do it for no money up front and they usually take a third of what you get. Tough to say but it's usually cheaper to settle shit like this so you could walk away with I'd say at least 6k and not have to work for it

Cool.. It's not no work. I had to go to through the stress of being arrested and now get notes from my doctors for my prescriptions.

Yeah, then that's the work you put in to get the money i suppose. good luck bro

Thanks.. This shit sucks so bad.

Well what the fuck is the pending charge?