If you had the opportunity to change history so that David Bowie didn't die...

If you had the opportunity to change history so that David Bowie didn't die, lived like an extra 10 or 20 more years or so but he never made Blackstar would you do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wDCk1X2S00A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do I get to pick someone else if I say no?

No, this only works on Bowie

HELL YES, no Blackstar but instead something in the lines of Hunky Dory and The man who sold the world

yes, I just want Bowie to be alive
I'll take all his discography past Scary Monsters, if he'd just be with us again

Do I still get the teapot in Twin Peaks>

Maybe
The alternative of course is that you'll get an in person cameo of Bowie
Your choice on that

Someone should have shot that cunt after Diamond Dogs

Don't really give a fuck then. I'm not gonna pretend I care about an artist who doesn't make music anymore.

No, but I would like him to still be with us.

Yes, while we're changing history might as well change the fact he had a heart attack which made him settle down in 2004.

After the heart attack he said he was working on a follow up to Reality and said it was "sounding weird" would be amazing to hear what he was working on.

and what goods that gna do? u gna suck his cock?

Fuck yeah, I would. I'd rather have my favorite musicians be alive and well and just continue to enjoy the gifts they've already given us.

I read he was actually writing music before he died and he was supposed to be in the new blade runner.

Bowie was a geniuse, he was a chameleon, his last album was completely in tune with the times, this is pretty much a rap song, but with the bowie twist of it being in a made up language

youtube.com/watch?v=wDCk1X2S00A

If bowie were a young man he would fit into any musical time period.

Let's Dance [EMI America, 1983]

Anyone who wants Dave's $70 million fling to flop doesn't understand how little good motives have to do with good rock and roll. Bowie and Nile Rodgers are a rich combo in all the ways that count as well as the ones that don't, "Modern Love" is the highlight, the remakes are pleasantly pointless, and the perfunctory professional surface makes you wonder how much Bowie the thespian really cares about pop music these days. And never before has so lithe a rhythm player been harnessed to so flat a groove. Which don't mean the world won't dance to it. B

It usually goes to demonstrate how smart/not smart the artist in question is. Take some dumb yogurt-head thud rock like Motley Crue. They could never work outside of the 80s.

Hell yes. Rumor has it that he was to work on a sequel to Outside.

Most Bowie fans loathe LD, but sadly he's got a point--a lot of effort was put into the album even if it was for cynical profit reasons rather than artistry.

shut the fuck up christ

I was thinking once, if guys like bowie or brian wilson were young men today they would definitely have tooken over rap by now.
Wilson made that awful rap song, so he actually has some respect for rap despite his age. Can you imagine young brian wilson learning how to rap better, having that golden voice of his, and producing his own music. Dude would be a monster

Yeah according to Tony Visconti he had done some demos for his next album and was excited to get back in the studio

Are you ok, dude?

>Wilson made that awful rap song, so he actually has some respect for rap despite

To be honest, Mike Love tried to rap on Summer In Paradise.

>tooken
>Wilson made that awful rap song
are you sure you aren't thinking of Mike?

Bob Dylan allegedly was interested in rap in the late 80s-early 90s, although it's a bit harder to imagine him being successful were he starting out today.

As much as I love Blackstar, I wish he were still alive because he still could have made many more albums, including something like Blackstar anyway.