I'm making a chart showcasing essential albums where the mellotron is very very prominent...

I'm making a chart showcasing essential albums where the mellotron is very very prominent. I have ITKOTKC and Earth and Fire's Songs of the Marching Children already slated for it but what else should I add?

Other urls found in this thread:

planetmellotron.com/albums.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

station to station by bowie.

Antichrist Superstar

Kid A

Days of Future Passed -- Moody Blues

The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request

I don't think there's that much mellotron on Kid A but it's prominen on Exit Music (For A Film) on OK Computer.

This, also Foxtrot by Genesis

Listen to HTDC and Idioteque

YBO2 - Alienation
Tangerine Dream - Phaedra

This might be surprising, but Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd is a good example, especially when listening to Tuesday's Gone and Free Bird.

Beatles Magical Mystery Tour

neither of those songs feature a mellotron
the only song on kid a to feature a mellotron is motion picture soundtrack

"heroes" by bowie actually has a prominent mellotron part which is horns believe it or not, because the tracks layered and the tape quality doesnt sound like horns, you wouldnt notice but it drives the rhythm on the second half of the song.

>YBO2 - Alienation

never heard of this one but I might check it out desu
good pics, added

Also this. The rule of thumb here is that the majority of the album has to include prominent usage of this instrument rather than one single song that uses it. I'll screenshot with an update

heres what I got so far on albums that I'm very certain has heavy use of mellotron. I added Spring on there because the band had 3 mellotron players at the same time, so it only seemed like a good fit.

Kid A features mellotron on almost every song

Days Of Future Passed and any other of the first seven albums by the Moody Blues. Mike Pinder's dad apparently worked in a Mellotron factory, so Mike was one of the first people to ever get his hands on one, and he does an amazing job.

Ghost Reveries by Opeth has mellotron parts on almost every song

This website, while not pretty, has a massive list:

planetmellotron.com/albums.htm

There is no Mellotron on Kid A as far as I can tell. The choir sound at ~2:16 of Motion Picture Soundtrack is in the same sonic ballpark, but it is not a Mellotron.

It is, jonny played it extensively throughout. Its burried behind stuff so its hard to hear but its their

Do you have any sources or liner notes that can confirm? I don't hear it.

Air - The Virgin Suicides

Leave my Mellotron out of this. It is my signature sound. I am going to sue you

The Fiery Furnaces - Widow City

Yes - Close to the Edge, Yessongs, and Tales from Topographic Oceans all have a ton of Mellotron parts in them

Yes - Fragile isn't a Mellotron-heavy album, but there are prominent parts on "Roundabout" and "Heart of the Sunrise"

dandelion gum by black moth super rainbow