/classical/

Post keyboard music.

General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/am6KCVPuo8A
youtube.com/watch?v=jQ2qotTQl4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=K1QjOjGMhns
youtube.com/watch?v=_sw1xXnU73w
youtube.com/watch?v=4g2kdYdSX00
youtube.com/watch?v=0sMVrmnufPo
youtube.com/watch?v=XKT76GWaN_w
hyperion-records.co.uk/dc.asp?dc=D_CDA67221/4
hyperion-records.co.uk/dc.asp?dc=D_CDA67476/7
youtube.com/watch?v=No0lO2gVN8k
youtube.com/watch?v=wYHPb8J7N8U
youtube.com/watch?v=rLzC9WY9KNk
youtube.com/watch?v=MPFv7FyuSlI
youtube.com/watch?v=r1b-Q_W24kw
youtube.com/watch?v=s5SnQpQtlqU
youtube.com/watch?v=7udClrQtmws
youtube.com/watch?v=Kui5OuWDy_Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gQr3rVZjAEI
youtube.com/watch?v=LayjhDABpJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=7jwml0jevv0
youtube.com/watch?v=mgVVLtQX0Gs
youtube.com/watch?v=3pHqOK7e21A
youtube.com/watch?v=ahdnysWIKmU
youtube.com/watch?v=3tqFXdIR2a4
youtube.com/watch?v=N5lJfwEJSiw
youtube.com/watch?v=SRUN0il2ZDA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_Sonata_Hob._XVI/52
youtube.com/watch?v=AbK-jcQE8dA
youtube.com/watch?v=sDcw9XGAQNo
youtube.com/watch?v=DjE1yst49rU
youtube.com/watch?v=5fxWsVebIgk
youtube.com/watch?v=fQdudICa-88&list=PLZj4RadToGJgPak30wUlXO7ESHWRljl7X
youtube.com/watch?v=ClKdGyUUFJE
youtube.com/watch?v=DLOXLc95aTU
youtube.com/watch?v=2x0cxSoTYBU
youtube.com/watch?v=vEvHfETUDLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MKn3XGK4eHo
youtube.com/watch?v=vzPIkzPOi0s
youtube.com/watch?v=O0_gw2Lillg
youtube.com/watch?v=J_Ztjt7JuUY
youtube.com/watch?v=gVcfTzw9BRo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Gulda
youtube.com/watch?v=1VgVBv9M-rc
youtu.be/NDqBLlRqOJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WB7w3cK8dzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

KEYBOARD MUSIC
youtu.be/am6KCVPuo8A

youtube.com/watch?v=jQ2qotTQl4Y
Red hot passionate sex.

youtube.com/watch?v=K1QjOjGMhns

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=_sw1xXnU73w

youtube.com/watch?v=4g2kdYdSX00

Finnissy
youtube.com/watch?v=0sMVrmnufPo

Forqueray

youtube.com/watch?v=XKT76GWaN_w

I'm sure Bach would be proud but Gould's playing almost never hits the ear right.

So I came across an orchestral cover of an MBV song and one comment said
>Fine - but needs the feedback from the record (which can be kinda created in classical music (stravinsky)) - this version only contains the melody
My question is, which Stravinsky piece is he talking about?

I downloaded this in FLAC

hyperion-records.co.uk/dc.asp?dc=D_CDA67221/4

this too

hyperion-records.co.uk/dc.asp?dc=D_CDA67476/7

Here's some other stuff I have an can enjoy;

youtube.com/watch?v=No0lO2gVN8k

youtube.com/watch?v=wYHPb8J7N8U

youtube.com/watch?v=rLzC9WY9KNk

youtube.com/watch?v=MPFv7FyuSlI

youtube.com/watch?v=r1b-Q_W24kw

youtube.com/watch?v=s5SnQpQtlqU

concerto for four guitar amplifiers + pedal feedback

"The right measure will be attained if students of music stop short of the arts which are practiced in professional contests, and do not seek to acquire those fantastic marvels of execution which are now the fashion in such contests, and from these have passed into education. Let the young practice even such music as we have prescribed, only until they are able to feel delight in noble melodies and rhythms, and not merely in that common part of music in which every slave or child and even some animals find pleasure." Aristotle, On Politics

Liszt and Paganini BTFO

who is this guy?

youtube.com/watch?v=7udClrQtmws

Quite literally why I listen exclusively to Mozart.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kui5OuWDy_Y

>Arabesque no. 1
>on classical guitar

Not bad, I prefer the sustain of the piano for this piece though. The guitar does make some of the melodies pop a little more than the piano does though

Rick Beato seems to suggest here the Locrian mode is in fact "major". Is he right? I can think of several reasons why its a minor mode due to its lack of any stability and being the inversion of Lydian. The piece he made at the end definitely sounds majorish though I can't vouch for its adherence to Locrianisms.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gQr3rVZjAEI

>listening to more than one piece from WTC or AotF in a row
shiggy

Also would it be an appropriate Locrian cadence to use a dim add 6? I am trying to write something in Locrian as a challenge.

Schubert songs are the perfect thing to interleave between WTC preludes and fugues. Paganini caprices also work well. Allows some interesting contrasts.

how the fuck is that a cadence?

Grieg
youtube.com/watch?v=LayjhDABpJ0

Kapustin

underrated Strauss
youtube.com/watch?v=7jwml0jevv0

looking at triads on steps of each mode
I ii iii IV V vi (vii) : major
i (ii) III iv v VI VII : minor
(i) II iii iv V VI vii : locrian

thus locrian shares
iii V with major and iv and VI with minor, if one additionally compares tonics then locrian resembles more a minor mode.
his track doesnt sound major to me either.

Pretty much one of his most famous works. Actual underrated Strauss:
youtube.com/watch?v=mgVVLtQX0Gs

Mariinsky or Bolshoi?

If i post a image of mozart fucking beethoven's ass i can get banned for LGBT content?

why do jews always attack their hosts like this

Mods are fags, they don't ban for LGBTBBQ. Post it. Got any Binghan, Boulanger, Beethoven, Brahms, Berlioz, Bagner, Boulez bukkake?

Can you? Why did you put a question mark on the end of a statement?

What does the black bar below the C mean?

semiquaver

youtube.com/watch?v=3pHqOK7e21A
youtube.com/watch?v=ahdnysWIKmU

It has half the note length of a quaver, called a semiquaver.

Stölzel

youtube.com/watch?v=3tqFXdIR2a4

opinions?

kys

qt

Ledger line, showing you where A is.

Arne
youtube.com/watch?v=N5lJfwEJSiw

>tfw you're not appreciated even though you made some of the best music ever written

Who is this no name non-entity?

Mozart (more like Meh... zart! lmao)

youtube.com/watch?v=SRUN0il2ZDA

why did haydn stop writing sonatas?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_Sonata_Hob._XVI/52

I dunno. It sounds a bit cheesy but it includes the 1st 3rd and 5th, so that's something I guess. I don't think you'll get like a true plagal cadence out of Locrian.

Who produced the best pressings of classical music?

sorry for the obviously unaccomplished classical connoisseur post, but can anyone tell a pleb which piece this music was inspired from? It starts at about 4:15 and I could swear it's by Brahms

youtube.com/watch?v=AbK-jcQE8dA

Decca

He's probably one of those morons who hears Le Sacre and thinks ZOMG HEAVY METAL XD and appends rock concepts to classical music because he's a stupid dummy.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if composers post '60s have used feedback, particularly New Yorkers.

Mozart

youtube.com/watch?v=sDcw9XGAQNo

anyone?

Beethoven

youtube.com/watch?v=DjE1yst49rU

hello i like classical

youtube.com/watch?v=5fxWsVebIgk

I mean THIS

Where's the bogie-woogie part?

I forgot image
THIS
what is this

Dotted quaver and semiquaver, called a swung-quaver

14:00

Now that Youtube has full albums uploaded at Opus 160kb/s, it's super easy to find almost anything.

Here's what I do now:

>Follow a reviewer or seek out reviews on Amazon or somewhere for an album you're interested in

>Search Youtube for the artist, filter by Channel, select the one that says X - Topic

>Click Albums

>Bam, you've got CDs and full fucking boxsets arranged in playlists automatically

I don't even know why people bother with Spotify or radio anymore. It's especially great if you're browsing different performances.

youtube.com/watch?v=fQdudICa-88&list=PLZj4RadToGJgPak30wUlXO7ESHWRljl7X

>this video isn't available in your country

>Video not available

>this video isn't available
Jesus Christ, now i can die

Video works fine for me. The other guys must be from Europe or some other wasteland.

It's a sixteenth note, following a dotted eight note.

isn't that like Branca's entire output

Beethoven.

youtube.com/watch?v=ClKdGyUUFJE

Stuart
youtube.com/watch?v=DLOXLc95aTU

Villa-Lobos
youtube.com/watch?v=2x0cxSoTYBU

There's an organ in the background, it has keys.
youtube.com/watch?v=vEvHfETUDLQ

Sweelinck

youtube.com/watch?v=MKn3XGK4eHo

Britten
youtube.com/watch?v=vzPIkzPOi0s

youtube.com/watch?v=O0_gw2Lillg

I don't get how people unironically like to listen to these prehistoric recordings, any merit these performances may have had is lost due to the horrible quality of the recording

>any merit these performances may have had is lost due to the horrible quality of the recording
people obviously disagree

Are you joking? That's a relatively higher quality older recording. Not a single crack.
youtube.com/watch?v=J_Ztjt7JuUY

>not loving old meme recordings
Pleb as fuck desu
youtube.com/watch?v=gVcfTzw9BRo

Thanks

Am I supposed to be listening to these fucking 70 year old recordings from these mega links? Are these just the ones you happened to have and upload, or are they actually considered classics? How important are the actual players, anyway? I'm only now getting into classical.

nice rec, user

Does someone have a link for a download for Reinhold Gliere Symphony no.3 in b minor op.42 "Ilya Muromets" (1911) ??? please help.

Can you guys recommend some YouTube classical channels with good sound?
I've only got this one:
>VinylRecordSound

Players probably not that important if you're new. Differences between interpretations are things you learn to spot as you become more familiar with the music.

As for these folders, #7 is pretty much all high quality stereo from the 1960s onwards (prior to 1958 most orchestral recordings start to sound like shit, but other ensembles or solo instruments can sound terrible as recently as the '80s). Only the Beethoven violin sonatas and the Mahler 3rd conducted by Adler are slightly older.

Add.: And yes, different interpretations become very important once you gain that familiarity, and begin forming your idea of what the music is "about" and how it should be played.

>dream of having ideas and writing them down
>forget everything after waking up

It's hard to say and i get where this user is coming from. But, i'd say interpretations can make or break a work. If you are unlucky it may seem super boring. The same piece from another performer can become fascinating and full of life

>trying to learn how to make moosics at 25

Just END ME

Yeah, there is always that risk. But there's no harm in trying something, not liking it, moving on, and coming back later. The only question is does the listener have patience? Coming from pop music it can be very difficult, given that you'll be used to instant gratification.

It's in Youtube you dickhead

Why is a Jazz artist the OP for /classical/ general?

agreed.

live > recordings
good recordings > bad recordings
good recordings with decent performances > bad recordings with better performances

bad recordings are only better than good recordings when the bad recording has an excellent performance and the good recording has an with awful performance.

>Am I supposed to be listening to these fucking 70 year old recordings from these mega links
I wouldn't, no.

He represents a crossover of the two styles and he Is more a classical composer that used jazzy elements than the other way around. I don't know any other jazz musicians that wrote cello concertos.

that's where you're wrong, fucko
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Gulda
youtube.com/watch?v=1VgVBv9M-rc

top tier music still sounds good and may even reveal additional properties when played in nature, during a hike.
anything with jazz elements sounds wrong in this context, it cannot exist outside buildings and cities.

George Crumb

youtu.be/NDqBLlRqOJQ

youtube.com/watch?v=WB7w3cK8dzU

garbage
>le quiet moment disturbed by loud noise trope

beethoven could create conflicts between two incompatible motifs and his music would still recover like a RAND roboter that was kicked off balance, or like a beast that regrows a limb. the incompatible parts could mutually shock each other in a display of creative destruction.

but when these faggots compose a conflict or disturbance, it resembles a sadist poking a cadaver, angry impotence.