youtube.com/watch?v=j4KsuiZABuU
youtube.com/watch?v=zzg90vud1y0
youtube.com/watch?v=eOr2Njd3gng

Havukrunnu is the shit

that Havukruunu album is so good

Cutest anime character in recent memory t b h

reminder that you probably havent heard the low key aoty yet
youtube.com/watch?v=8QVDWvvFSp8&t=1522s

Finnish dm is for whatever reason very unique and strange, definitely has a strong identity forged by acts like Xysma, Disgrace, Abhorrence etc.

Their black metal scene I guess never had a similar foundation, and no one seems to have followed Beherit or early ImpNaz. If anything, I hear more of the melodic tendencies that inform the country's power metal bands as an influence. Finnish bm tends to be cheesy and lame, I wouldn't rank it among the top 15 countries for the genre.

I really like all three albums honestly.

I think I would rank it among the top 10 (I mean there aren't that many interesting scenes to be honest), but otherwise agreed.

Venus Doom is basically a Black Sabbath tribute album

Dark Light really fucked their reputation. I guarantee they would be filling stadiums if that shit had never came out.

Easily AOTYSF

it was bretty good desu

You have bought a copy of MYFAROG, right, my snow niggas?

tabletop is for nerds

It's honestly frustrating, I hear about so many ostensibly "amazing" bands coming from Finland and they always disappoint. Same with Iceland, although at least there's something semi-interesting going on with those bands. Your average third tier second wave Norwegian band that put out their first record in 1995 is still leagues ahead of the best thing coming out of Finland right now.

Actually yes I have.

What kinda autism does varg have?

Hey guys have you heard my, ahem, this new band? It's pretty vnderground trve kvlt stuff for people who aren't nu-males (like myself)

wow this guitarwork is incredible +1

wow

Whoa I'm checking this out now. Only 0.3 seconds in and it's my new AOTY

this is some good shit

Hey now, some of my favourite bm records were actually released in Norway in 1995

how is this so FUCKING good

nice viral marketing

What's your angle here, gay turd?

French Autism

Your band is shit

youtube.com/watch?v=8nI8LRO_Enk

how is this so FUCKING good

You're gay
You're a shit

What other albums should be on this chart?

Your band is gay shit

You like to fuck other man shit and you yourself are man shit. You're gay shit.

did someone say orange rat?

That's a bad kind of retard

Yup, we are at the end of civilization for sure

Honestly with a few exceptions, Norway, Sweden and maybe Greece are the only countries to have ever 'got' black metal. Honorable mentions for Quebec and Poland. Of course many other countries have a couple of relevant artists in the genre, but they never possessed a noteworthy 'scene.' I say this in a country of 300+ million that boasts only a handful of genuinely good bm bands.

How come you don't consider the french BM scene "noteworthy"
>LLN
>best Dissoshit acts
>some of the most relevant Industrial Black bands

>I need a blurry album cover with no contrast that will inevitably make my album look dated in 3 years!
>"I got u fambam"

>Honorable mentions for Quebec and Poland
And Ukraine my dude. Also, Canada in general, not just Quebec. Germany has a lot of great DSBM/atmoshit, too.

>pictures of guns and wrasslin
>american flag bandana on skull
>poorly disguised receeding hairline
>skipped every single leg day ever
lol at this absolute disaster

All great bands, but I wouldn't say they "got" black metal the way, say, Greece did. In fact, the best french bm bands are the ones that have deviated from the norm and become highly idiosyncratic

the euro black metal guys are all just rednecks.

Abigail

Yeah I should have mentioned France too, if only for LLN.

Ukraine has way too much atmoshit to qualify for me. Even worshiped acts like Hate Forest are really nothing special. I haven't heard anything good from Canada outside Quebec, or from Germany. Well, does Bethlehem count? They are/were something special.

I love when he posts videos of himself flexing to manowar on his instagram

youtube.com/watch?v=hQVWgK3lO0s

black metal isn't some mystifying abstract to """"""get""""". shitty thrash acts from south america got black metal as well as anything from scandinavia
>Germany nothing but Bethlehem
moonblood, grausamkeit, schattenheer, dark tribe, ruins of beverast the list goes on... c'mon lad

>black metal isn't some mystifying abstract to """"""get""""".
No, not some mystic spiritual shit, but it's a style, and you need to learn to get a hold of it.
>shitty thrash acts from south america got black metal as well as anything from scandinavia
""""""""""no"""""""""

give me a good black metal album with female vocals

Yeah it's not enough to have the image, the lyrics, the 'atmosphere' or even the riffs, though most bands dont even get that far. There's an extra ounce of inspiration that makes something like Immortal so great with countless listens.

But do any of Moonblood's 500 demos scrape together even one great song? I also dont think of RoB as pure bm, as with Bethlehem.

Melencolia Estatica and literally nothing else

If you're going to be DMU-lite about it then thinking of quality in terms of whole scenes is too generous. Even of bands you can trim releases down to a few peaks.

bethlehem - bethlehem

That is true, but the remainder is enough information to judge a scene. Say there are ten scenes with ten bands each and, after a nice culling, only three countries have at least one band that isn't shit, and two of those countries only have one good band. That still means that those three countries have the best scenes, and that one of them has *the* best.

IT FEELS LIKE
FIRE

>Anal Orange

youtube.com/watch?v=8HXMm6pLrdQ

Thoughts?

They're fun, have some good songs, and they opened the door to non-clean vocals for me. They have my respect

on the first of the sanguine relic releases, this is p good

wait til you get to orgy of carrion

Underrated band desu famalam

How come Russia can't into black metal, fucking shit like memel8th is cringy as fuck

part of the same scene as sanguine relic?

Well, they have Branikald and that's enough in my book

ac/dc of metal

m8l8th is pretty much just a front to recruits youth for their movement

I've been listening to hip-hop and jazz for two months now, I want to get back to /metal/
Rec me shit. Preferably new, but anything goes

inb4 Venenum and Ruins of Beverast, those I've jammed. Good stuff

aerosmith

woah cool, haha! nice one!

White Death - s/t

Actually good rec, wow

They have Walknut

>jazz
Ephel Duaht

Warning/40 Watt Sun

Looking for new stuff. Found Ahab and I really like it except I'm not too into the gutural vocals. Any similar recommendations?

youtube.com/watch?v=q-XmmznY45I

I just remembered how good Witchfinder General is

Thanks! Good stuff.

does somebody have a rip of this

Ok, Warning is fucking amazing

This is making me actually enjoy black metal.

>make scores of songs criticising religion throughout your career
>tfw you die and most of your contemporaries pay tribute with something along the lines of "heaven is rockin' tonight!"

Lads last night I had a dream that Varg had died ;_;

never say this again

If we were promised heaven then why are we in hell

What are some bands whose later work you enjoy more so than their old stuff?

Actually gonna check this out, in that case. I've only heard NSV by them so far

is this the tourism season?

Guess so. Have anything more in that vein to recommend? Or do I just go through their discography

listen to Blasphemy Made Flesh

most darkthrone albums are boring

WE ARE AT WAR
MUAHAUHAUHA
WE ARE AT WAR
MUAHAHAAHAH
WELCOME TO
X-TREME
TERROOOOOOOOOOOOOO