Is it possible to modify dna?

Is it possible to modify dna?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/amp10512/x-y-scientists-create-two-new-letters-for-dna-16769967/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Definitely

No. You can manipulate things like air, solids, gases, but not DNA. DNA is the only thing in the universe which cannot be touched by human hands. You'll get radiation poisoning if you try.

Look up
>CRISPR
>Quikchange PCR

Can't we use robots then?

No, you can't live without it so if you try to modify it while it's living it dies and you can't bring stuff back to life once it dies.

I fail to see how the drawer that keeps my lettuce fresh can edit DNA.
2/10. Got me to reply.

No because the universe will know it's us doing it, so it'll get mad and kill us anyway.

Sorry I mix up lettuce and DNA often
Google
>Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats

>Is it possible to modify dna?
Ever heard of GMO' s
I'll help you, it stands for Genetically Modified Organisms

Genetically = Genes = DNA

So yes. Anytime you hear about GMO's, it means their DNA has been modified by humans.

can we apply it on humans?

>Sorry I mix up lettuce and DNA often

This tool is amazing.

Nothing ever dies it just loses molecular cohesion, once this happens all of the energy/matter that was you gets redistributed back into nature. There’s a 1 in 500,000,000billion,septillion to the 10th power chance that all of those molecules will reconstitute exactly the same and you will be alive and whole again, but with those odds it never happens to anything as complicated as a human.

Only ways to alter your chemical make up
>Induce Psychosis/schizophrenia(LEFT to Right brain flip)
>Sadly pedo shit....increase white matter

>asking 12 year old retards on a site meant for autistic niggers
kek
lolno. Go smoke some more PCP.

how the hell do you induce psychosis

i can smell the incense from here.

>go smoke some more pcp

Just because you’re too stupid to understand, look up entropy and educate yourself son.

Sure you can, just get HIV. That what I did.

Yeah, just because you read a wikipedia article on entropy or QM, doesn't mean you know the subject. What you wrote is obviously incorrect.

topkek

Gamma rays can destroy the bonds of DNA, if we ever get hit with a big enough burst from space we’ll all start dying and most won’t even know what hit us.

Easy to sit there and say “nuh uh” I think I’ll believe the physicist that said it thanks.

>argument from authority

>go to school kid

>no argument

Only argument you presented was..
>nuh uh
>no
>durr pcp

Its obvius, when you redifine ur gender instantly you get XX -> XY, XY -> XX.

And yet you can't even explain your own post.

I did, you chose not to accept it but instead “nuh uh”

High entropy
Low entropy

Google it and learn something child. You won’t though, you’ll stay here shaking head and saying “nuh uh” and “no” over and over like the 12yo you are.

I happen to know for a FACT that's how you turn into the Incredible Hulk

I’m out, too many children in here.

Thank you for not being an ignorant blowhard like everyone else. I love you

did you somehow miss out on all of this bullshit?

I thought I'd read we created a new molecule in DNA.
If I remember correctly it's A,T,C,G, right?
We made an x

Found it

google.com/amp/www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/amp10512/x-y-scientists-create-two-new-letters-for-dna-16769967/

Apparently x & y
Pokeman dna

like this?

where can I get humans to test it on? I want to build a lab in a forest in Guatemala or Mexico

why don't they just use the same letters, but not capitalized? That'd be so much easier. Scientists are stupid sometimes

DANA, while it normally has just A, C, T, and G, there are low levels of uracil resulting from deamination of cytosine to uracil. Look up AID. It catalyzes this change in immunoglobulin genes to diversify them. Also, DNA does undergo changes that aren't necessarily recoding edits like methylation of cytosines to reduce gene expression.

Motherfucking autocorrect, it should be DNA, not DANA.

whats the next big money opportunity in bioengineering/bioinformatics?

Tough to say. CRISPR really is the big thing right now. The one problem I see in terms of gene editing is less flexible than alternatives. CRISPR, as it functions currently, relies on a repair mechanism that is not always favored by the cell. There have been fusion proteins using CRISPR and ADARs to make single base changes in the DNA as opposed to trying to make a cell incorporate some template you provide it. I think more RNA based approaches will be more applicable that look at fixing changes through RNA editing, which can be more easily regulated.

smoke a bunch of gatorade bottle meth

How long did you have to line up to get your packet of sauce?