My friend begged me to finally watch stranger things and I did...

My friend begged me to finally watch stranger things and I did. I thought it was alright but my question is why did lucas have to be black? It makes no sense he could have just as easily been white and it wouldn't have changed the story. Its bullshit that hollywood has this bullshit agenda of "diversify" everything. it really took me out of it knowing they probably only gave him the job for being black

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokenism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Exactly.I thought the same exact thing. Why not have the whole crew be black. It would make more sense then having them be mostly white. There is a single mom. That perfectly represents the black household. Although 11 can stay white. I like that aspect.

You retards should kill yourselves.

especially in a small town in middle of nowhere in the 80s, black population would've been close to zero.

Why does it matter?

The problem with this is that you have given this too much thought and focus.

Like, it honestly doesn't matter. I read the script and it made no mention of Lucas being black.

He was just cast that way because the actor was best for the part.

But big eyed Cutie swallowed Chad while her fat and envious girlfriend got swallowed by the monster. Nothing close to SJW agenda.

guess you didn't live in the 80's... everyone had that designated negro friend. I dated mine's sister... love them nig ol bitties

>When too many red pill fucks up your head so much you can't just enjoy a TV show

Get off the computer for a bit you sad cunts.

kill yourself racist

You racist cunt. Maybe the kid acted better than the other auditions. I don’t like pc culture but the kid did a good job, if he was shit I’d have an issue.

no im telling you there were probably kids a lot better than him but they saw he was black and they said to themselves "fuck those other kids they may be better but theyre not black" its fucking bullshit

why are you upset that the actor is black? does it really change the story/character? It doesn't, and you just have a racial bias to deal with. If they used the character to portray or "combat" black stereotypes then I'd see that as hollywood trying to hamfist a message, but he's literally just a kid. Grow up fam

ps stranger things sucks

im not a racist it just doesn't make sense why he had to be black

ok then you're literally retarded

U cant proof it

Fucking this. Black actor's aren't exclusively cast as characters written for black actors and actresses. This thread is either bait or faggotry.

what are you talking about they made him act white as shit. thats a big reason i hink he was originally a white character until this fucking agenda

Because I don't like being reminded niggers exist.

Yeah, I'm not racist either. But I don't get why he couldn't have been white?!

It was like almost a perfect show.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that I'm not racist. I have lots of black friends.

the proof is all the white kids who auditioned and didnt get it

The 80s not 1773

no im seriously not some racist. i just don't like agendas

The mere fact that you have to keep driving home that you're not racist, yet you see a huge problem with the fact that a tv show had one black actor, is itself very racist.

It's an agenda if they make a big deal out of it. They didn't.

In the USA they have a rule to include a black person which is bs but that’s why Morgan freeman was in Robin Hood in the 90s (called the painted man). It throws me off if it doesn’t fit in just like black Germans in battlefield 1. I hate people telling me I’m racist and it shouldn’t matter but if you fight Chinese in any game they are Chinese, why? Image a black or white Chinese army it throws me out of the experience. Fuck pc culture but the boy did good and it’s all fine, even if it pc he did ok. Good on the lad. It wasn’t detrimental to the story which makes me think you have problems.

then why did the kid act white and not black? explain that to me

he had to be black boiii, cause he stole that bike on that scene where ELEVEN is being chased by the FBI

LOL
>he was just cast that way because the actor was best for the part

Did any of the other characters HAVE to be white? Him being black doesn't have to be a massive plot point for the show, its just how he looks.

He's right, though. That said, I had black friends when I was that age in the early 80s but they weren't part of my D&D group, either. Plus, city of 100k people.

He already explained why.

It's called tokenism. Stop watching movies.

What exactly constitutes "acting white" and "acting black" though?

Gonna need you to retune your mood, dude. Because you're giving me some serious 'tude. Go on, take a lude.

it makes sense that theyre white though. like when i see them i see just regular town people but he just doesn't fit in. not because hes black but because hed be a better fit if he was white

xDDDD

valid point actually

And I'm a racist.

>Being 16

fuck off you buttmad nigger

can we not pretend that different people grow up in different environments and thats what shapes our personalities. so you should be able to tell the difference between someone from vermont opposed to jamal from compton

lol, the sjw / antifa crowd really seems to think Sup Forums is a place they can hang out, talk like PC faggots, and expect everyone to snap along in agreement. Head on back to your safe spaces and reddit and other nigger hugboxes little guys. Outside your bubble you sound like complete fools and cucks, and are liable to get BTFO.

No. I'm a 50 year old combat vet (Desert Storm). I've also grossed about $3.5 million in income (IT field) and am now retired.
Didn't marry and have kids until my late 30s...now regret not having done it much sooner.
OP asked for "advice". This is mine.

dumb faggot

Oh absolutely. Thing is, this show takes place in 1980's Indiana, not Los Angeles, New York, or N'owleans, yall.

So this kid fit in just fine, and didn't need to act all ghetto. It would've been a little stranger if he had been a more stereotypical token black character. But then again, stranger things have happened...

I'm not a leftist, buddy. Although I wouldn't have voted for Trump if I lived in the States. I am politically apathetic. I judge candidates on their stance on individual issues and vote based on that. If someone is a sensible person, I'll vote for them regardless of what party or affiliation.

I'm just trying to raise the point that it doesn't matter what ethnicity this actor was - it had nothing to do with the plot.

1 black guy in a show: Hollywood trying to be politically correct and its annoying

No black guys in a show: Hollywood is racist

It's a slippery slope!

I mean obviously not if they clearly work with him being black. Again. Which isn't 100% his character. They don't even make a single reference to his skin color in the show. So why are you so triggered?

This stupid fucking meme.

>Shiarra is Egyptian nigger not alien bird person

>Wally West is nigger.

yeah i was kinda hopeful cause season one of the flash was at least decent ('cept for the whole "i'm in love with muh nigger step sis" shit) but yeah they totally jumped the shark S2 and as soon as negro wally showed up i dropped it like a dirty diaper.

>Buttmad
>This whole thread is triggered by black people

The whole thing is a love letter to 80s culture and movies, and there was always a token black kid. Also kill yourself you subhuman piece of fucking garbage.

Go outside and meet some normal black people. Seriously, give it a try, unless you're scared.

imagine being so butthurt over a character being black that you make a thread on Sup Forums to bitch about it hoping the echo chamber of a bunch of sweaty, virginite NEETs validates your own retarded opinion

basically kill yourself because it's such a minor detail (his skin color) that you're bitching about:
and you fucking wonder why there are threads about how the quality of Sup Forums has dropped in the last 2 years. it's because YOU faggots come here.

Keep crying bitch niggers. Especially , you're the biggest, saddest bitch of all. Now go back to prepping the bull you flaming fucktards.

It's so great the left is literally nothing but little faggots. Makes MAGA so much easier.

you need a safe space faggot?

No, the whole thread is about how retarded affirmative action and diversity is, and how it ruins things needlessly.

lol, another SJW crying in his cum bucket...

triggered dumb faggot?

Oh yeah? Check my dubs. We'll just see whose a faggot then.

But I'm not upset, bro.

Not the one having a tantrum about the fact that black actors exist and turn up on TV once in a while. Don't really see what you have to be so smug about. The fact that I'm here should tell you something: I "hang out," wherever I want and there's fuck all you can do about it.

gtfo out of here, commie.

>Born in the 90s but calls himself a "90s kid" anyway

>calling out others for safe spaces
>Uses Sup Forums to call people niggers

>Thinks all of Sup Forums is Sup Forums
>Doesn't realize Sup Forums was only created to contain you dipshits just like /mlp/

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokenism

lol nice dubs libtard.

Now go back to watching your Rick and Morty, ya jackoff.

Just having a black kid doesn't make it a cucky thing. It's if the character is already established as a white character and then they make them a black character that it gets cucky.

Go back to your echo chamber Sup Forums snowflake.

i know right? black people weren't even invented in the 80's.

You're literally complaining about nothing. Black people do exist you know? Now if you were to complain about the forced diversity in Spider-Man: Homecoming I'd agree with you.

In season 2 they will add an Arab character and a gay love interest story line

WTF. WHY THTS THE STUPIDEST FUCKING THING IVE EVER HEARD AND IF THATS TRUE IM NOT GONG TO WATCH THAT GARBAGE

During writing, the writing team couldn’t agree on how many kids should be in the show. They compromised by using 3/5 of a friend.

Complaining about someone being black when "they didn't have any reason to" is like when an SJW complains about everyone being arbitrarily white all the time, but you actually manage to make them look correct.

I actually saw an SJW argument for replacing characters with women, using the exact same logic of "there's no reason not to".

Just had to reply, OP is channeling my best friend of 15+ years and the guy unironically thinks this way. Its gotten to the point that I genuinely dont want to hang out or talk to the dude for becoming such a jaded fuck. Which is sad because he's been my friend since we were little kids. I hate the leftists that think that the world should be this safe place where no one gets their feelings hurt or everyone should get a participation trophy for trying. But there is a spectrum here, and my friend is way on the other side of it which makes him a straight up asshole. Anyway sorry for the blog post, wanted to get that off my chest and say that this shit has gotten out of control for both sides.

Lucas had to be black for the same reason that Lando was black. It's more believable when he runs away/betrays his friends.

Who cares

>I'm not racist
>Lucas isn't acting black enough

You can only have one.
Nothing personal kid, this is just something you should do a little soul-searching over.
What you probably mean to say is, why isn't Lucas displaying the character traits and dialect of someone brought up in a ghetto, like every stereotypical black person I can think of?
The answer to that is he wasn't brought up in a fucking ghetto. He grew up in a middle-class neighborhood, hanging out with middle-class kids. He acts middle-class.

You had me with you until you said stranger things sucks