Best bowie bum

best bowie bum

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MsfSLzPp1io
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post-punk Bowie is best Bowie

Never heard of it

It's a pretty great album.Teenage Wildlife is brilliant.
>Bowie sings the opening verse slowly and somberly, wringing whatever effects he can get from each phrase (the sudden swoop upward on “BLIND-ed”) but keeping within his bounds. Then, triggered by a brief Fripp interlude, Bowie unravels as he sings, summoning a different personality for each new line (he seems to be imitating/inspiring Richard Butler of the Psychedelic Furs on the first bridge), placing stresses helter-skelter on his words, forcing and suppressing rhymes. His bite sharpens, the song seems to feed off of him: the players drive at each other, the backing singers swirl out of time beneath him, until Bowie finally breaks the fourth wall, turning to the audience in exasperation when faced with the desperate vanity of youth. “David, what shall I do?” the kid asks. It sets Bowie off on an agitated monologue, as snarky as it’s paranoid (“I feel like a group of one–no-oh–they can’t do this to me!”), spinning and spinning until he finally kills the verse off by howling the title phrase. The Fripp guitar solo that follows comes like a blessing.

ur right

this is one of his best album. The production by Visconti is amazing.

>"Before we went in with Heathen, we had been talking for a good few years about working together again," Bowie now recalls. "However, we did promise ourselves that it would be a special project, that we wouldn't rush in just for the sake of it, and I really felt that I had two or three threads of ideas that would be fabulous for Tony and I to work on. So, we made Heathen our kind of debut reunion album. The circumstances, the environment, everything about it was just perfect for us to find out if we still had a chemistry that was really effective. And it worked out. It was perfect, not a step out of place, as though we had just come from the previous album into this one. It was quite stunningly comfortable to work with each other again."

never heard of station to station?

teenage wildlife owes its genesis to the electric guitar on station to station.

Station to Station is beautiful.

I honestly don't know how to answer this question and I'm skeptical there even is an answer, so instead I'll post an album I love every second of. New Killer Star is one of the great opening tracks and Bring Me The Disco King is a legendary closer. A perfect album in its own way.

You're totally correct about those two songs, especially Bring Me The Disco King is an incredible closer, even better when you consider that Bowie said he was trying to get that song on an Album since the 90s but could never get it just right, and he feels he nailed it on Reality, paraphrasing of course

oh yeah. This one is heavily underrated. Really love The Loneliest Guy and Looking For Water. The Reality tour was cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=MsfSLzPp1io

I read about that. It was supposed to appear on Black Tie/White Noise originally, if you can believe it.

Yeah, I'm almost glad it never made it on that album, fits perfectly on Reality in my opinion

Looking For Water is a great song, some of the finest late era Bowie work.

Reality is just solid all around, which contrasts sharply with the hit and miss The Next Day.

That Album is fantastic, If not his best album then atleast in the top three

A perfectly acceptable choice

what's your opinion on The Next Day?

/thread.

WE ARE THE GOON SQUAD AND WE'RE COMING TO TOWN

BEEP BEEP

Listen to me

DON'T LISTEN TO ME

Talk to me

It's hard to argue with this.

I want to like it more than I do. I really enjoyed Where Are We Now? when the single was released, and then The Stars (Are Out Tonight) came out and I got really excited. Stars in particular sounded like he had a new lease on life and a compelling artistic vision that I couldn't wait to experience when the album finally dropped. Instead, we got an album with moments of brilliance like that, some solid tracks like The Next Day, Valentine's Day, and You Feel So Lonely You Could Die, and then some stinkers like I'd Rather Be High and Dancing Out In Space.

When you compare it to the extremely tight Reality that came before and the immortal Blackstar that came after, The Next Day just feels like it's missing too much to be truly good. Too many songs feel by the numbers. I might compare the energy to Lodger, in that respect. It's weird listening to Bowie sing about setting the world on fire on an album almost devoid of spontaneity.

Good choice
Ashes to Ashes is amazing

interesting.

The sun always shines on teeveeeeeee