Any religious experiences B?

Any religious experiences B?
Im the edgy fuck that never believed in a deity, but here we go.

>Be me
>18, Stoner, Gamer (PC), only a small group of friends
>Fresh out of highschool, no idea what to do in life
>Move out of my parents and in with a friend 8 hours away (abused)
>Friend ends up being a cheaky fuck with even less idea of what hes doing
>decide to move out because he tells landlord im jobless and he pays all the bills
>story is bs and the other way around
>get an offer from uncle, who lives about 5 states over
>car, job, room, free ticket, fuck yeah
>pack all my shit and head back to grandma.
>she says i cant stay there.
>fuck
>i end up couch surfing for a week
>apparently my ex is going to throw a "killer party" for me.
>only supposed to be like 6-7 people there
>show up. 20 people.
>pot, alchohol, music, the works
>dont know half of them
>turns out its my ex's new bfs house.
>whatever lol
>about an hour goes by, high as fuck, but not feeling right.
>Disassociated would be a good term

Cont?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For some damn reason, you have my interest. Please continue

at this point no one had asked me about where i was going
what i was doing. i didnt care, was probably for the best.

>feeling weirder and weirder. weed was probably laced.
>didnt drink at all, and i know for a fact i didnt do anything else
>suddenly, ex calls me out. "so where are you going user"
>room is fucking quiet.
>i answer reluctantly
>"so why are you going"
>fuck this bitch dude
>anxiety is getting worse, and i feel even worse
>tell everyone.
>"this guy deserves a bong rip!"
>fuck it
>takes a massive rip
>what feels like an hour goes by, probably 30 minutes
>im at a point where im freaked out, this ISNT weed
>i say to my friend
>"B/ro, can i talk to you outside?"
>hes all over his gf and is confused
>finally convince him to come outside with me

hes confused and thinks im mad at him
>"What user, is everything ok?"
>i dont freak out like this
>"dude something doesnt feel right."
>"yeah i feel it to"
>"like i think its laced bro like. its fucking my head up"
>"you think man?"
>"fuck dude like idk what to do"
>"youre ok man just calm down" he says
Everything goes black
(at this point i was looping, saying im ok over and over)
I feel myself laying down. muscles are tight as fuck
>Im in what feels like a void, which im guessing was my mind.
>my head is racing, asking hundreds of questions
>"what is happening, where am i, am i ok, did i die." ect
>suddenly i could feel my breathing.
>it was heavy, and fast. i felt my body shaking

>i felt like i had to push past the questions with answers.
>so i screamed. "DO I NEED TO ANSWER??" (idk)
>i felt my breathing ease
>i laid out in confusion, not to sure what to do.
>my mind was blank. but i could still feel my subconcious
>at that point i could feel my body sinking into the ground. and my breath slowing down.
>i was already concious of my heartbeat and i could feel it slowing down
FUCK IM DYING
>"IM DYING ARENT I"
>my breathing came back, and slowed down
>"I NEED TO LOOK FOR ANSWERS"
>my breathing slowed down
>"what the fuck is happening"
>my breathing speed up along with my heartbeat

Continue lad

>I start with the obvious what i knows
>"I WILL LIVE"
>"MY NAME IS user"
>"IM DYING BUT I CAN SAVE MYSELF"
>each time my breathing would get better, but it still wasnt enough
>"FUCK IS THERE EVEN A GOD"
>suddenly i felt my body lift, breathing wasnt any better, but i feel like i knew thats what i needed
>i started screaming deities in my head
>"JESUS, SATAN, HITLER, ZUES, ISIS, SHIVA"
>nothing was helping, i felt my breathing speed up

Anyone still lurking?

My name is user!
Kek

Lurking

Yes continue

>Finally i said buddha (picture relevant)
>my breathing seemed like it was ALOT better
>"BUDDHA? ITS BUDDHISM ISNT IT!"
>breathing got better
>"HOLY SHIT IT IS"
>i started to do that hum that ive seen the monks do
>saying buddha every few seconds
my vision came back, i remember all of my friends holding me back
>i was about to throw myself down the stairs
>my friends dragged me back and held me down
>"IM OK IM OK JUST GIVE ME A SECON-"
>my vision went out again
>i didnt realize what was happening, but i figured i still had to meditate
>"Buddha" i whispered
>Buddha
>Buddha
>BuddhaBuddhaBuddha
>BuddhaBuddhaBuddhaBuddhaBuddhaBuddha
>BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUDDHAAAAAAAAAA

>748408638
"isis" HAHAHA not a deitie m8

This is great.

thats the joke.. anyways

>Finally my vision was back, but it was going in and out (like, darkening and coming back)
>"Its ok user, you were having a seizure, were gonna help you inside"
>"you think your good? ect ect"
>by then everyone in the party except my real friends bailed
>my ex's bf was holding me up, talking to me
>"Did you fucking poison me?"
>the color on his face drained and he just stared at me
>i was like fuck what happened
>i was screaming the entire time apparently. Mostly Buddha though haha.

Hitler.
>mfw

Interesting. Did he poison you?

TL;DR, Hope it's good...

God doesn't exists.

Ops face at the end of that trip.
Someone screencap me in this.

yea he laced my rip
>i fainted again. This time i was presented with a glow.
>i felt safe. and i felt like nothing could harm me.
hard to explain i guess
>I got up again and overheard my friends talking about a hospital
>in my head i was like that probably for the best
>"guys.. why are we still talking about a hospital"
>everyone just looked at me, "what are you talking about"
>again i fainted
>this time i awoke to see everything was black and white.
and in the middle of each limb was an Ohm (refer to picture)
>was way to real to have been a dream

>they finally brought up a hospital again
>"guys.. i think i can read the future"
>they look at me again
>"im hearing everything youre saying before youre saying it.."
>the look on their face was stunned
>"oh fuck im going crazy"
basically i could hear everything they said before their mouths moved. its pretty hard to explain. had a bit of mental lag i think

>"its happening again..."
>everyone looked at me
>another siezure from what i was told.
>this time i woke in the car
>me "WHERE ARE WE???"
>"its ok were going to a safe place"
>me "Hospital???"
>"... No no not a hospital, were gonna get some nutrients in you"
>me "like food?"
>"i guess"
>me "well i hope were not going to fucking sonic. I fucking HATE SONIC"
>goes on a ten minute rant about how greasy sonic is, and how it makes me carsick.
>friends dont think its funny

Pretty tired of people confusing shitty bad trips and near death experiences with experiencing what religion has to offer.

You're pumping your brain full of drugs because you want a rollercoaster type of sensation, you want to feel joy and hear colors and pretty much dabble in whatever absurdity a sick mind can conjure and call it a "transcendental truth".

Religion offers you the exact opposite. It gives you consistency and peace through this whirlpool of shit that is life. It enables you to distance yourself from whatever harm your own selfish self can desire or bring about by discipline and principles rooted in a deeper truth. A truth you can get to without having your brain on panic mode.

TL;DR you had a bad trip and are arrogant enough to call it an epiphany

What did he spike you with? Could have just been massive anxiety from what sounds like being in a shitty situation in your life

Let the lass finish his story first

lurking

Religion is all fake.

How did find out he did?

a bad trip is needed for ones own sorting in a puzzled conscious. dont be so dense

No i wasnt looking for a "trip" marajuana doesnt do that
He spiked me because he was worried i was trying to get my ex back
not to sure what it was with. ex told me after, AND she knew

>we pull into the hospital. I figured as much
>i look to my best friend and ask
>"... am i dead..?"
>Suddenly the doctors pulled me out of the car and into the wheelchair.
>ex came with and checked me in, no one else could come
>Was in that place where they take the drugged people and feed them saline to calm them down.
>i had another seizure and was told my heartbeat race racing and my breathing was bad
>i had to pray and meditate during the "seizure" i tried to tell the doctors but they all just thought i was crazy (expected)

Does he really have to? There's that one thing called autosuggestion which basically consists of lying to yourself via mild self-hypnosis simply by correlating two things that have nothing to do with one another and building whatever experiences he may feel on that one correlated lie. Which basically is the first step, the real descent into worse "subconscious" stuff as you get more and more convinced of your initial assumption.

A bad experience may be a wake up call, i agree, but that's not how this one sees it.

Ever asked yourself why you smoke weed? I know bad trips aren't caused by it, but you just misunderstood my statement.

actually marijuana is a psychedelic and I cannot smoke it without having the same affect as you. i do shrooms and lsd all the time and never had a bad trip

Thank you B/ for defending me.
never happened to me on marijuana, and i smoke it to relax lol. anxiety in general. and abusive parents. think what you want but ive never had a seizure from smoking, or anxiety.

>that was the last time i seized, ex was still there and definetly tried to hook up with me
>i totally avoid her "flirtyness" by flirting with all the nurses. turns out im horrible at hospitals
>ex eventually left and i was drug tested. had "more than marajauna in my system" (how i found out initially) doctors wouldnt tell me what, i dont have health insurance
>didnt get released till about 4 am, called a friend and picked me up.
>"hey so lets go to this bitches apartment"
>ended up telling her bf about the senario at the hospital
>she needed a ride to her parents afterwards.
>paid them for the window i broke and left lol

basically it B/
still not a hardcore believer in religion but this was a little something.
thanks to the psychologist in the thread for trying to over analyze my experience lol will take any questions and fill in any gaps i missed, my mind still gets fuzzy thinking about it

You do realize that means you're not able to find peace by your own means and need to rely on a psychoactive crutch in order to compensate for the lack of such a basic human function right?

yeah sure. i guess i knew this? but i mean its legal in some states so i mean i guess it doesnt matter?

i since dont smoke anymore, and have found meditation works alot better and more efficient. so is correct

shrooms and lsd is great. but you seize when smoking marijuana?

At the risk of sounding like a condescending jerk, please do view this as a wake up call and try exercizing strict self discipline, it'll get you farther than whatever you can get your hands on and will help you a great deal in your life. As for the shitstorm of life, use the aforementioned discipline to grow a thick layer of skin and endure it. Every storm dies down eventually.

I like you, user. Somebody here who isn't an immature faggot, finally.

thanks, im doing much better now. i never really view that portion of my life as a "dark time"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis
Isis is a goddess.

Meditation is quite good, exercise caution and don't self hypnose yourself into believing autosuggested bs. That happens to some "receptive" people.

All it takes is not being nihilistic in Sup Forums, it's just really uncommon. But i like you too user.

That's good, glad to hear it. Just remember that there'll always be something wrong in your life, and that it's probably not your fault unless you screwed up big time. Shit happens, the point is to deal with it as calmly and as patiently as possible. And shit will always come and go, that's the one constant thing about this ever so fluctuating life down there.

>2014
>Family takes trip to India
>Spend night at the Ganges River and experience their nightly ceremony of thanksgiving.
>Ganges River is the most sacred and holy place in all Hinduism
>Get paper boat with a candle and flowers
>Light my candle and set it on the water
>I speak to someone I've lost long ago who I wished could be there with me

That's when I feel it

The power and purpose of the universe.

It opened itself up to me and let me know that it is there.

I can't say for sure what it is

I just know it is there.

Once my friend Vince came and told me I was Yahweh

this thread is a reminder not to ever do synthetic/spice, maybe weed is bad because it makes you lazy and stupid or whatever but if your gonna smoke at least know what the fuck it is, this shit isnt weed

Well I like being lazy and stupid.

like a proud american!

take some 2-cb, it willl help with ... stuff.

Psychfag lurking. Another theory is a spiritual emergency. Symptoms are almost synonymous, though not always drug induced.

That's really beautiful user.

Not sure what you define as spiritual emergency, but if "spontaneous spiritual event" is a necessary condition, this one's been triggered (if you exclude the "spontaneously mystical" experience while tripping).

Op here. beautiful

and yes. good lesson on not smoking spice :)

Ive had what i think is spiritual emergencies before without drugs. just never been this vivid or out to get me

never heard of it, give me some info?

Just look up spiritual emergency symptoms. Presents similarly to psychosis, but with a juicy 'paranormal' or 'enlightened' twist.

Can I ask what your mental health history is, user? Anything you know of that runs in your family? Have you typically always felt pretty anchored to reality or distant?

NOT SEIZE NO but there are some people who do

Adding on the triggering of that part of the brain's mechanisms, the method's effects are particularily strong in terms of autosuggested rerouting of what is perceived as the "meaning of life" and the ways of achieving it, which is why i strongly warn and advise against any and all crap that can lead to this point.

The assassin's castle's sect used such methods coupled with hashish with dreadful efficiency.

Sometimes there's truth in it. But truth laced with deceit is a far more potent poison for the mind.

How do you tell the difference between that and, say, genuine epiphany in psychology? Or do you not consider what is traditionally perceived as a religious "epiphany" as an objectively positive thing and bag the whole spectrum into spiritual emergency syndrome altogether?

i guess being a gamer nerd ive felt pretty distant. but i do feel connected. My mom is batshit crazy, or just a methhead, i dont remember anymore. and i dont know my real dad.

never seen it but ill take you work

glad i could start an actual a civilized debate here boys. keep it up

realized i didnt answer everything. no mental health history. this was a first for me.

There are many different school of thinking in psychology and countless perspectives on spirituality. I follow more into pluralistic theorizing. In this, you recognize culture, background and individual difference and don't simply sweep experiences into a bin with a labelled 'disorder'.

It's possible that this was a spiritual emergency. In a spiritual emergency there may not be any association with religion. It is dependent on the culture of the one who experiences it. Individuals who go through a spiritual emergency often emerge with a new sense of life, a new awareness, or indeed an "epiphany".

Oftentimes, people who experience this are misdiagnosed with drug induced psychosis, general psychosis or a type of schizophrenia.

If you aren't religious and subconscious have 0 pull towards religion (which is typically extremely unlikely, as we as humans try to solve everything and ask "why" from the age of 5, so we seek after religion to cover any cognitive dissonance and open questions), you may have an epiphany from a spiritual emergency that is more social in nature, perhaps a radical appreciation for your family or friends, or even a deep and incredibly strong connection with nature.

I think a spiritual emergency is more psychology trying to put a less negative name on the experience of having a strong, perhaps drug induced epiphany, given that hallucinations and sometimes hearing voices are generally not celebrated.

These things happen much more to emotionally scarred people, as if it were seeking the weakest preys. It's quite a vicious cherry on top of an already big enough pile of shit, but at least you have some sense of caution now that it happened to you, and you can fight it accordingly. Congrats on not going down that slippery slope into the worst that can happen to a human mind, it's less frequent than you might think, plus it gives you a neato resistance for the next occurences (if they do occur).

If it was a spiritual emergency user, it might interest you to know that in tibet, this experience is actually the grounds to make someone a celebrated shaman. The current Oracle of Tibet, seated with the Dalai Lama underwent an experience when he was in his teenage years that many westerns psychologists believe to be a spiritual emergency. His was not episodic and less strong as it began, but still a similar experience. It opened his eyes in a new way and allowed him a deep connection with those around him and earned him a position as a medium to the monks.

Alrighty psychfag out. Thanks for letting me bore you guys. Nice thread OP.

i do remember over expressing my love towards my friends as it was happening.. lol

i figured i was losing my shit haha. there was a brief moment i thought everyone was going to kill me

i thought this for a while but figured i was developing a god complex. looking at what a spiritual emergency is i feel like its accurate. be it drug induced or not.

thanks guy

I've got one, I spoke to god once, in my dreams.
>be me
>bout 8 years ago
>sleeping
>have a dream that is only words no images
>was in some sort of conversation, I was asking a lot of questions and getting answers
>don't remember any of the questions
>or my answers
>I remember being told I had to go
>but that we would speak again
>I asked "how would I know its you?"
>and a voice that rang in my head so loud it woke me up said the only words I truly remember
>YOU JUST HAVE TO LISTEN
>bolt upright, completely awake, heart pounding
>Listen to what?
>mother fuck

Completely true account of my experience. I don't know what the fuck it was about. I say it was "God" half as a joke, half not. It was a dream, but it was fucking crazy. I'm not even religious, i've been an atheist all my life. I'm never gonna forget it though.

turns out its you FROM THE FUTURE.
but yeah i agree, im atheist too. probably more spiritual now after that but still. Id love to get into buddhism but trying to make time for my girlfriend and work its hard to find a temple with a decent time.

You don't really need a temple to be a Buddhist. They are certainly helpful institutions for a buddhist, but not necessary. Its not like a Church for Christians. If you want to be a Buddhist you just gotta read up and follow the teachings of the Buddha the best you can.
>Meditate
>Don't hurt people
>Don't lie to people
>do your best to help people.

Learning the 4 noble truths, and the 8 fold path, is the core of it. And you can spend your whole life meditating on those few concepts.

ive been reading the tibetin(?) book of the undead

pretty interesting read

tibetan book of the dead* my bad

In terms of differentiating between positive/healthy realizations and self induced hypnosis through autosuggestion (which often leads to the wide spectrum of what are called disorders), one of the few elements that usually help differentiate between the two are the following:
>was it induced with some substance?
>does it lead the subject to a less stable state of mind?
That's basically an introductory approach as to how you can determine whether the experience was indeed a spiritual one or a wake up call, regardless of the term used (whose definition may as well fit both cases due to how general it is formulated). It is usually safe to say an "epiphany" (whether religious or not) leading the individual to get his shit together is usually not part of what may lead to schyzophrenia. It may be obvious when stated like this, but given how complex and deep the subject is, and how little people know of that kind of phenomenon, it's a good start for further research. Also having a history is much more relevant than you might think.

Sorry for the delay

never read it, or know much about it. What's the deal with it?

basically its a guide to death and rebirth. and what to do in order to not continue the cycle of rebirth.

dont trip me out with that schyzo talk maing lol

Following this thread. Don't have time to write out my similliar story. How to archive?

would love to read a similar story. unfortunately im not to sure.
mind giving me a rundown?

Continuing on the history thing in my post In many more traditional religions and cultures (examples including but not limited to animism, buddhism, christianism, kabbalistic judaism and islam), having experienced that kind of thing makes you indeed a special individual, a shaman/medium/conduit, that type of stuff. That's what i meant by this experience possibly reoccuring in the future, and that's why i advise caution. There's no known way to completely cut yourself off from this spectrum of phenomena, so you just have to endure it, mostly by ignoring it. It can be turned to a boon, but that takes a long and dedicated process, that's why traditionnal societies worked in castes (one of them always dealing with spiritual stuff), who basically developed techniques to seal off the shit part from happening and "distillating" the good from it (which is basically what alchemy and meditative techniques are truly about). And without proper guidance you can forget about that, these things are as good as lost in time, but it doesn't hurt to know people weren't complete obscurantistic morons in the past.

Ive kind of accepted it. But what do you suggest. you seem much more knowledgeable then any book I've read so far.

Well it was not quite as yours, but im pretty sure i met god.
>Ate 2.5g of cubes, was tripping with my ex and my friend of the time. >lying in bed in a very medidative state.
> visions of women tearing me apart alive(i never cheated on my girl, but i do tend to have a lot of female friends and i do flirt alot. I saw this as a problem in oir relationship).
>A few moments later im as a was reborn.
>vision comes where im in a krishnaite centre, dancing with other members. It feels as im in my right place(note im agnostic).
> Suddenly, a loud clap.
>My vision goes warm white.
>Feeling of love.
> Im paralised.
>No fear. Just love.
>its as this voice resonates in my body. Its not like i heard it, it came in a form of telepathy"user rethink what youre doing, concentrate on things that matter."
I wake up knowingly that it was god.
Quit my job a month later, also i do end my relationship.

man. cubes are a trip. one time I swear me and my friends were telepathically talking to each other. As for the emotion I felt, It was fear and love until acceptance. then I felt life spring into me. how did you react to it after the fact that it happened? did you try to tell people?

Forgot. The krishnaite vision came as I was embracing the posibility of me following a religion. Thats when i was like, yeah i gotta go there tommorow "god" appeared and said that its a farce. Basically.
Sorry im on my phone and its 7 am here.

NOT FOR MY FRIEND, FOR THE WHOLE BUDDHA THING. just clarifying

Noone takes my psych stories seriously except a few people.
As i said, i followed the advice. Concentrate on things that matter. Esentially turned around my life, and am still in the process. Leaving home next week and hitchiking through europe. Finally. This all happened after new years.

man. safe travels. full support from OP and hopefully others still lurking

Goodnight. Thanks. Stay safe.

Don't dig into it or seek any deeper meaning to it if you have the slightest hint or intuition that it may destabilize you mentally or lead you down a slippery path.

Seek out what gives you mental and emotional balance and peace of mind, dig deep into that, and derive a higher meaning from these experiences instead. That's where the valuable lessons can be found. Everything else depends on your individual potential to achieve these things.

Basically it boils down to doing objective good because it is objectively good, not because you want to pat yourself on your own back or show people you're a nice guy. By detaching your actions to their immediate consequences, you let go of whatever may flatter your ego and concentrate on what is important. Exercize restraint, do not overindulge in anything, take care of yourself and the people close to you, be charitable and help those in need if you can afford to, and do these things with humility (and as anonymously as you can), rather than openly flaunting it, meditate on those and derive meaning from it, that would be a good start. Sincerity is key if you want to pursue this path and reach something truly worth your efforts.

thank you. and I already don't believe I have a strong ego. but that could just be my ego talking. would the study and practice of Buddhism have any affect on mental stability in my case?

>420
>take shrooms
>make snow angels in the sand on the beach
>guy offers to sell me more shrooms
>buy a half oz
>next day take all at once
>go down to different beach
>beautiful out
>never felt so at peace
>thought deeply for 6 hours about humanity
>came to conclusion god is the collective concious
>best experience of my life
I dont beleive in an all powerful individual that one could call god, Im very scientific when it comes to everything, however mushrooms allowed me to really look at things from a spiritiually logical point of view. Ive met other people who have done mushrooms with very similar experience, anyone here too?

Ok im not going to sleep. Yeah, that cube trip when i met god really changed my perspective on life. I did experience ego death before, but this was lifechanging.
I visited my friend in the uk after i broke up. Understood the mechanics of loops after a challenging acid trip and many more drug and not drug induced ephiphanies.
>Basically it boils down to doing objective good because it is objectively good, not because you want to pat yourself on your own back or show people you're a nice guy. By detaching your actions to their immediate consequences, you let go of whatever may flatter your ego and concentrate on what is important. Exercize restraint, do not overindulge in anything, take care of yourself and the people close to you, be charitable and help those in need if you can afford to, and do these things with humility (and as anonymously as you can), rather than openly flaunting it, meditate on those and derive meaning from it, that would be a good start. Sincerity is key if you want to pursue this path and reach something truly worth your efforts.
You put it together perfectly. This is to what ive boiled down to after a year since i first took my first psychedelic.

OP still here. I've had a pretty similar experience but never looked to deep into it.
I've thought so deeply that I put myself into a deep sense of sonder.

Welcome Back haha. and I agree. an Ego Death was definitely eye opening for me. (for me ill say talking to the universe, or Buddha) was, as well, life changing

Its funny how its just my thoughts and not something that was put inside of me. In the way that i understood this by myself. Fuck i hardly make any sense. 2interesting4sleep

>I already don't believe I have a strong ego. but that could just be my ego talking.
That's the kind of caution you have to exercize, this is already a positive sign but don't let my comment go to your head and stay vigilant. Buddhism isn't what i'd advise, seeing how deformed it is from its traditional core, you gotta thank new age trends for that. Taoism is already something better, yet more obscure, harder to grasp.

But you'll never go wrong if you follow a simple guideline: truth is one (as in unique) in essence, i can not stress this enough, and while in surface the paths are plentiful, they all lead down to the same truth, if treaded correctly and carefully. So as long as you go by what i've said, you'll end up at the same place, regardless of what you choose. The path you take simply depends on your potential and your individual circumstances.

Glad i could help, exercize caution and you'll be fine. Just don't pursue phenomena for the sake of experiencing stuff. There's not much more to it if you want to avoid further danger.

See you guys, gonna stay a little if you have further questions then i'll bounce, hope i was of some help.

Thank you for your suggestions!
Ill definitely look into Taoism.
Thanks for stopping by!

you make perfect sense haha. i feel like it may have been a little forced in my situation, but i had to figure it out for myself. something I left out in my story, when I would stop asking questions, I said I would feel my body sinking, at the time I thought I was dying. so it felt like I was fighting for my life.

alright B/ OP here. looks like the thread is dead. Goodnight!