Amateur blacksmith here, how much would you pay for left and right respectively...

Amateur blacksmith here, how much would you pay for left and right respectively? Surface color/finish not being of importance

Criticism and tips are appreciated too

Both look like they are worth around 15 each since they are custom. .

That high? Shit man

I sell the left for $5, the right for $3

Blacksmith of 2 years here

Combine the two. Twist of the left, with curve of the right. What the hell are they"

Never seen this type of sword before but if they work i guess like 50 bucks?

I actually don't know... I'm one of the idiots you could fuck over. Look out for us.

I was thinking around there and maybe an extra buck or so for some """hand forged nails""" to go with it
I could do that, I just thought these had a good distinct style seperately
You're good for business

are they ass hooks

They're whatever you wanna use em as

Price them for size as well.

Small to large = $5 - $15

J hooks I sell for $12 - $15

Spike hooks I charge $8

Nails are like $1 each depending on size.

I'd give you $0.45 for each. Need to do monthly installments for it though

why on earth (flat or round) would you want to make nails, even if you sold 10.000 at 1$ each, you would still need to fucking make ten thousand nails, by hand!....

ffs this is why the industrial revolution happend and we have machines for production.. :D

the hooks and whatnot I like, keep doing that, but stay the fuck away from making nails..

one dollar.. pfft..

By J hook you mean something like the left one in the OP pic?

The hooks could be easily made by just heating up and "modifying" actual nails to look like they were handmade. You could sell them with the hooks so they match and charge an extra dollar for 5 minutes of work

Sorry I meant S hook. Yes OP is J. I was thinking about ones that looks like a literal S

What are those useful for anyway? I can't imagine many scenarios where you'd use one without another hook to attach to a wall or ceiling or something

I've been meaning to get into blacksmithing how much do you think everything should cost me? I wanna go old school like im talking medieval methods i cant stand when people use power tools

It could cost you anywhere from $50 to $50,000. It all depends how "high tech" you wanna get and how homemade you're willing to put up with. My whole setup probably cost around $500

Wow damn well like i said i wanna go back in time i dont want a fancy gas forge or some fancy ass oven or a power hammer i want it all old school i know the anvil will be the most expensive part of it all

Well, how far back do you wanna go? Cavemen did this kinda shit with a hole in the ground and a couple rocks. My setup is mostly consists of stuff from around 100-150 years ago

a used tissue with recent ass wiped turd on it

Im talking middle ages like medieval i feel like no one practices the ancient ways any more of course i will include modern techniques with old equipment

How much space do you have? Any anvil would "take you back" like that but if you wanna stay true to the time frame you're gonna be working with a pretty basic shaped anvil

I have like an acre of backyard so i have plenty of space

for reference, a medieval age anvil would probably look something like this and it'd be very hard to get a hold of an original one. If you wanna stick to the tools of this era you'd probably have to make this yourself or custom order it

Do you have the funds to build some type of shed to hold equipment? In that era most smiths would have a larger shop than just your average joes backyard coal hole so a style of forge from then would take up a fair amount of space

I have the funds to make a decent sized shed and i wonder how hard it would be to make an anvil of that size

Like who are you even selling to?? What is your clientele like?

the fuck for i would buy broken fish hooks

Probably pretty difficult. If you want my opinion, I'd suggest just going with a mid-1800s style setup to get that "old" feel. Still a coal forge and manual tools for the most part but if you ever wanted to get a power hammer or something a bit more "advanced" there's still cool shit from that era that could work
trust me, if you don't have a striking partner you're gonna be craving more power quickly

useless fish hook, doesn't have a sharp barb to pierce thru the fish and actually catch them

Word of mouth and craft fairs. Online sales are decent as well, yet cheaper to compete.

Usually over a rod or wire.

I cant imagine they'd sell as well as a wall hook though

That is true. Its marketed more as "traditional" though, so it fetches a better price

That makes sense. I've seen some real neat looking designs for them too. One guy on Youtube made a basket S hook which looked pretty cool

I do some work mostly for churches and a few niche customers

Cool shit user, very clean.

add a second mounting hole to stabilize the hook and charge about $15 each

keep in mind a ninja star coat hook goes for about $15 on amazon and is mass-produced

The one on the left has two holes, I wanted the one on the right to be more "round" everywhere though so the flattened bit only really has room for one. Could be changed though

Thanks. Here's my anvil that you might find interesting.

you have a chain covering the most used part of your anvil...

Is that a Nimba? What are those extra bits?

yeah ~8-12 bucks a piece for handmade steel hooks sounds about right

i mean you need material, time, knowledge and various forms of energy to make those

that looks like something africans would make to sell to tourists

you shouldn't be proud of that

A chain that can be removed in a few seconds. I use it as a foot powered clamp when I do decorative chisel and punch work.
>
It's basically a custom anvil. The shelf is quite handy for forgewelding.

>none of the lines are the same size
>the dots are all over the place
>he thinks it's great
>absolute garbage

user you're bullying him