I need the opinions of the people on /b because I know alot of the people here are probably in the same boat...

I need the opinions of the people on /b because I know alot of the people here are probably in the same boat. So im a 22 year old male, im graduating college this year, I have a decent paying job with nice co-workers, a car and some friends I hang out with (not everyday because of work and study but a few times in the week) and a loving caring family. Yet I feel fucking empty on the inside like something is missing and I feel guilty because I know people out there have it way worse than me. I have tried weed, alchohol they dont help much. Im not fat or ugly, I have decent body, good beard, im not going bald and my dick isnt small. So why cant I be happy?

Honestly OP, you've probably got depression. Lot of people do. Your only options really are to just deal or to see a psychiatrist and go from there. Be slightly cautious about prescriptions though; look up online what average costs are and if what you get is a lot higher than it should be, then I'd find a different psychiatrist.

I dont really want to take any drugs and im not feeling depressed. I dont wake up in shitty mood hating my job or the people or feeling suicidal. Love my life. I just feel like something is missing and it brings me down sometimes.

It's because you lack a purpose.

That's the thing about depression. It's not always a feeling of hating everything. Sometimes it's just a small feeling of missing something that can't be filled by anything. If you don't wanna take drugs that's fine, you don't have to. Another thing that might help is to start going out and doing things you don't normally do. Get a change of pace, learn some things about yourself you never knew, etc.

I got my life on track and honestly I dont want anything else. Only thing im missing is a girl to love. My sex life is ok though I dont put too much mind on it and some girl comes from time to time.
Yes I have tried "the changes" thing and it helps but for a very short period of time.

The problem is you. Coming here to ask life advice is a gross misunderstanding on who to listen to. Do you have anyone IRL that you respect or would listen to? Talk to them, better yet...take steps to emulate them or align your values. 85% of people who say they are depressed really just don't do anything about it. What can be done you say? I could list dozens...but most involve changing yourself and your attitude. Learning and accomplishment. Better yet, don't go looking for textbook happiness like in Disney movies you might find it in an unexpected place.

Well if it's love you're after, that's something you're just gonna have to wait on unfortunately. That's the type of things that just happens when it happens, and no one can predict when or if you'll ever find the truly right person for you. Best thing you can do for that is to just keep doing what you love and hope they come along. If you've got your life together they're bound to sooner or later. Also I wouldn't bother with dating sites/apps, those are typically just a big scam.

Of course you want something else, this is why you feel empty. Be very careful about thinking that you dont want anything since it can come to bite you back in the form of lazyness later on.

See what im trying to explain I am happy I just feel empty on the inside sometimes. And I came here because the opinions of strangers can be sometimes better than the opinions of the ones close to you.

get a drug addiction, you'll feel very fufilled.

Up at 3am with none of you rplugs awake? play the im gonna hurt for 4 hours game, have to score before work so you dont hurt til linch? NO PROBLEM

its fun at first

True but im not obsessed with finding love, because its not a 100% in my control. I meet girls I hook up with them sometimes. So I dont think much about it alltogether.

I truly and honestly feel everyone who posts threads like this buys a shotgun and shoots themselves in the head. I am so tired of hearing about it.

The opinions here are garbage tier. You know that. There are professionals who can help.

Seems you need Jesus
>inb4 christfag
Just give it a try get a NT and read it believing in Him helped me when I was on a bad road

Yeah you are right im sorry I posted this. Please continue with the shit-log, traps, shemales and loli threads.

I felt the same way. Quit my job, sold everything and committed my life to what I love. Traveling. Bought a van, hitch hiked, train hopped, got scabies etc. I feel much better now

Im gonna pass hard on that sorry, I dont bash religious people but its all bullshit to me. You have the right to be religiuos and im glad it helps you.

Tbh now that I think about it I dont really have a thing I LOVE doing. Like doing - yes, but love.. I wouldnt say so.

It is probably not depression. It is hard to say.
I think you have troubles with to engage yourself in some real, deep relation. "Girls come from time to time" - but nothing more. And it is not easy to say why - maybe it needs hours of psychotherapy. How was your relation with parents? Was it empty al the time? It looks like avoidant type of attachment to me.

You should be sorry. And take my advice.

This

Op needs to find a passion

This might sound a little out of the way but maybe a real girlfriend that you actually want to be with. It'll take some time. Don't do it for sex. Do it for a true relationship. My girlfriend makes me feel like there is purpose everyday. I love her. I hope you can find a girl for you user

My parents love me and I love them back. They have given everything so I can become a decent person, and even though I live on my own, pay my bills etc, I still try and find ways to make them proud from time to time.

Good advice. Had 5 relationships so far, but they ended for different reasons, never cheating or stuff like that.

Gotcha. I just figure I'd share my 2 cents. I felt really low about myself before I found a girl who loves me but now its much better

Yeah got something to think about after this, thank you.