If we're in 2017 in christian years, what year is it for us atheists?

if we're in 2017 in christian years, what year is it for us atheists?

the year of the faggot

/thread

It's still 2017, but referred to as common era

The end of all things year or some faggot shit like that cause there's a conservative in the white house

Not even a political debate, but thanks for showing us how much a fag you are

I dont know, atheists cant even define atheism, let alone a calendar.

the 2017th year of the common era
the 1st year of the Trump administration
the 115th Congress of the United States of America
the 28th year of the rule of Akihito
the 5 billionth year of the Earth
~2,580,000th year of the Quartenary period of the Cenozoic Era
~13.82 billionth year of the universe

The definition is in the word itself. I'm sorry you do not understand your language enough to realize that.

a- Prefix meaning without.

theist word meaning person believing in a god or gods.

Perhaps you should go back to middle school English classes and review the basics.

thanks pickle rick

why cant they define what it is though.

fpbp

I did define it. You're pretty dense.

depends on the calendar you like best.
Im a Julian kind of guy and you Gregorian fags can just go neck yourselves

no you didnt. why cant atheists define atheism?

I favor the idea of adding 10,000 years to our current calendar because that's approximately when human civilization began

Atheist here, i.e. person who is sane. I have no problem with our years being roughly based off of the supposed birth year of the historical figure known as Jesus. Like it or not, the events which followed his death snowballed into a watershed moment in human history, so it is fitting to honor that moment by beginning the calendar then. I also think that 1492 was the next major watershed event, and our calendar should reflect that as well. In the future, people will look at 1959 as another major turning point in human history.

The year is 2017 of the Third Age

the 83rd glorious year of the third reich

Sheriff Data says it's stardate: -305202.73
and ya know, that's good enough for me.

>year of the common era
as if that means anything to anybody.

nothing as usual.

You atheists are timeless.

>You're pretty dense
says the new kid. you need a couple more years of lurking before you can post without looking retarded, user. I know you don't understand right now, i know. thats why you must lurk and learn.

Wouldn't it be about the sixth Reich or something by now?

Rick: Uh-Oh
Morty: Ah geez Rick we're stuck in a message board.

Yeah.... roger that. I've been around these parts since 2008-ish. I don't feel the need to "fit in" with the language skills of your typical Sup Forumstard.

I understand that 99% of Sup Forums is copypasta and that almost everyone here tries to fit in now. But I come from a time where everyone tried to be different here on Sup Forums.

Maybe you should have develop a sense of self. That way you don't try to blend in with the herd.

I guess that atheism and science go hand in hand so you'd have to concede that time was a non-universal human construction and butt-fuck your calendar out of principle.

Or you could stop being a pedant and just borrow what works. I bet that shit doesn't stop you throwing on a dodgy as fuck sweater and drinking like a bastard come the end of December.

We should start using ab urbe condita, i.e. "from the founding of the city" (Rome). That would make this the year 2770 AUC.

>I don't feel the need to "fit in"
oh good then we shouldn't have any more of these embarrassing moments for you. I'll stop reading since you're leaving. enjoy nickjr.com or wherever you spend your time.

>thinks the Gregorian calendar isn't basically the same as the Julain calendar
>thinks the Julain calendar is Christian
Dumb atheist

OP didn't mention any calendar, only the year-numbering system.

Wow, you're so ferocious. You've managed to rattle me down to my core with your inventive and original insults. Be proud of yourself user. We all know your mom isn't.

You watch Kurzgesagt don't you user?

You pick one point in time and you stick with it. What more can you really do?
>tfw was rooting for the French Republican calendar and year 1 in 1789 CE

>approximately
The Holocene calendar defeats the purpose of daykeeping with that approximation built atop an approximation, don't you think? Just add a zero in front like Stewart Brand suggests.

Common to Christians.