Help me settle an argument over which band is worse. I say U2, but my friend says Coldplay

Help me settle an argument over which band is worse. I say U2, but my friend says Coldplay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F-li5lqWvF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Parachutes was a great album so I say U2.

Coldplay is way more shit.

Suuuuper early U2 is alright, but they quickly became the first shitty modern rock band. They're like the Garth Brooks of rock.

Coldplay, U2 has Sunday Bloody Sunday atleast

Both are equal, coldplay is groovy

U2 by far

U2 has 3 amazing albums (The Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby) Coldplay has one decent album (Parachutes) Coldplay is worse.

U2 is great desu. You have shit taste

U2 is actually good. Listen to the Unforgettable Fire

Both are shit. At least you and your friend recognize this.

WTF Sup Forums saying that u2 was good??? am i on reddit? literally noone with actual taste thinks u2 has a single good song

The fact that people here sincerely think Coldplay is better than U2 make me worry for the state of this board.

People who think U2 are shit are plebs who are utterly desperate to seem patrician.

Anyone with decent taste in music would know that early U2 is excellent.

U2's early stuff can be pretty good, and they put on cool shows. Coldplay is for 13-year-old borderline girls.

There's not even contest.

U2:
>5 great albums (Boy, War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby)
>2 good albums (October, Zooropa)
>2 decent albums (Pop, All That You Can't Leave Behind)
>the rest is shit

Coldplay:
>2 good albums (Parachutes, Viva la Vida)
>1 decent album (A Rush of Blood)
>the rest is shit

I don't even like U2 but I can acknowledge that they're decent musicians. Their whole sound is just painfully outdated nowadays. And even that's preferable to whatever the fuck Coldplay is.

I've been listening to Rush of Blood to the Head a lot recently, I ignored it at the time but it really is a great record, just as good as Parachutes.

U2 is better though. Joshua Tree is for all time. And they were better in the 90s than you would think.

U2

Coldplay was basically diet radiohead until Mylo so everything before is at least decent

If you genuinely think that you probably haven't listened to much U2

Hell, even Radiohead were big into them

The Joshua Tree [Island, 1987]

Let it wash and ebb over you. Take in the feeling of something mournful and involved, stately and passionate. Read the lyric sheet and you won't wince. Turn up Bono's vocals and you'll encounter one of the worst affectations to afflict a deserving candidate for superstardom. B

youtube.com/watch?v=F-li5lqWvF4

WTF happened

>Turn up Bono's vocals and you'll encounter one of the worst affectations to afflict a deserving candidate for superstardom.
What does that even fucking mean

reddit fucking hates u2
Sup Forums is and always was pro u2

Comparing Colplay to U2 is like comparing Oasis to The Beatles

Why is this guy taken seriously again?

because he's very old

I stopped giving a shit after he gave Welcome To Sky Valley a bomb. That album is fucking flawless.
Fuck him.

This

U2s early stuff is tolerable whereas Coldplay have been more consistantly shit. It's a race to the bottom really

I'll say U2 because of the fact that Bono is probably one of the biggest pricks in rock.

boy is listenable

nothing coldplay has made achieves that

rip world peace