When they say gravity affects time, does that mean gravity would literally slow down my programmed ageing process?

When they say gravity affects time, does that mean gravity would literally slow down my programmed ageing process?

If I were to be teleported to a copy of Earth but with a stronger gravity, does it mean I'd live longer according to my watch (because I would assume the watch wouldn't be affected since it's just a measurement)? But then if gravity is stronger, does it mean I would physically move slower than on the regular Earth? Would my thought process be affected too?

Yea

Yes but you would not notice because your mental faculties such as time percetion would be slowed down accordingly.

you would live the same length of time from your point of view

>(because I would assume the watch wouldn't be affected since it's just a measurement)

Why the fuck would you assume that?

also your watch is affected too dumbass

the watch is affected as well

nah dude, your watch would slow down similar to your body. these other folks
are totally correct. your body would slow down BUT so would your mind, AND your watch. it's that law or whatever the fuck by newton or einstein, that like, as long as you're like, in all the shit that's happening, you're not gonna notice. it's like when you're in a car and the car is moving fast as tits but you feel no momentum or g-force and you could comfortably pour a cup of coffee (if the road is smooth enough) because the car AND you are both moving super fast. so likewise, when a train is moving at the speed of light, that means YOU are also moving at the speed of light, being as you are in the train, but the TRAIN will actually be SHORTer. if the train is 20 meters long, while moving at one tenth the speed of light, it will actually measure 17 meters to those outside the train viewing it. not an illusion, it'll legit measure that size. BUT TO YOU, the train will measure 20 meters BECAUSE your tools and your body and everything will be smooshed to 17 meters but you won't know, meanwhile everything outside will seem all stretched out (or smooshed?? someone confirm on that lil detail i am pissed driunk).

Yeah I just realised the watch would physically be affected too. Sorry that was retarded of me. It's not like, say, a meter would always be the same length. But for some reason I thought it was...
Thanks, I get it now.

So if someone on RegularEarth can somehow observe me on NewEarth, they'd just see me being all slow and shit?

Locally, no.

To you, time ticks the same rate as always.

Compared to things further away or moving at a greatly different speed, yes.

hard to say. the guy who has spent the longest amount of time in the ISS, 879 days, would have only been a second and a half younger than if he had a clone waiting on earth. so the gravity on the other planet would have to be WAY more than earth, and you'd have to be chilling in space to beat that, and you'd only beat it by a tiny bit if you don't wanna be crushed by the planet so, it's just not plausible yet.

no. gravity only affects what how things weight and how they fall.

that is i mean if you're looking to be noticeably younger than regular earth you.

/fishingpole

false dood, it affects time. an atomic clock on the ground and an atomic clock flying around in a plane for a while will eventually have differing times because of the earth's affect on time.

go into space and time gets slower, return and time gets faster
but you won't even notice so who cares

>tfw my asshole downstairs neighbour prevents me from sleeping in on weekends AND ages slower than I do

Kinda, you eould age slower then if you were on a lower gravity earth but you wouldnt notice.

time doesn't exist, its a var to explain the change the position/movement of a particle and compare with others (without movement or change position "freeze total universe" time doesn't exist)

Gravity creates time. More gravity, more time

Times exists, how it is measured is only relevant to us but there is a past and present. Things happened before earth was here and will continue after its gone

>Time doesnt exist, clocks do

This is one of the most stupid edgy teenager things i know.

Time exists and you're a fucking retard.

No that because of speed learn to Einstein

Can't hear with cock in your mouth

Alright listen up OP.
One day God gets high on his space drugs or whatever and declares that everything is relative, because he kept running away from his problems. Since things are relative now he can say he is running in place and his problems are magically moving away, and that he's NOT running away from them.

God also has a tiny dick so he's insecure and tries to compensate by declaring that he's the fastest and nothing can be faster than him (He's made out of light don't ask me how it's just how it is). So God goes around being faster than anything and he's pretty happy about himself.

All was good for a while and God continued smoking his space crystal weed and shit, but one day Einstein came along and was like "Yo, but what if I was in a really fast ship and I turned on a flashlight, then that light would be faster than you, get rekt kid."

God was like "oh shit fuck" and released a hotfix for the universe that included Relativity, he's a shitty maintainer and didn't comment any of the code though, so we had to figure out what it did ourselves. He also made the holocaust to punish Einstein for pointing out his shitty codding.

But anyway, his fix made it so that the faster you go, the slower your time goes so that you can't actually go faster than him. It also works with gravity because he was lazy and reuses code a lot.

Pic related.

Not bad.

Nerve gas.

What time is it without a clock?
How much time has past since you made this post?
You can default to sun position but now you're just using the earth's rotation as your clock.
Time is a measurement of things happening. It's not a thing it's self, unless you subscribe to the only other serious argument which is time is a forth dimension.

Sir Arthur Eddington disagrees and since he's sucked like a thousand dicks less than you I'm going to go with him.

If you have nothing else to compare to that's not outside the "new" earth that you live on. Then no. You would not percieve yourself as living longer.

Also technically you wouldn't live any longer by your own standards. You would still die after a normal 80 years.

However relative to everything else that is not on this "new" earth. You will appear to live longer because their time moves faster than yours. So when they percieve living through a year. You would only percieve living a couple of months.

If you want an example watch the movie interstellar.

How much slower is time on thicc earth?

That depends on the curvyature of the Ass squared at distance D.

Well done.

relativity is the term you're looking for

bretty gud