Small weed grow

Small weed grow

I am going to start growing soon in a space underneath my stairs about 4x8 area. The problem is keeping the plants short so I don't burn them on the lights. I have about 45 inches of vertical room in there so how do i keep them from getting too close to the lights when they are budding?

I was thinking of just keeping the pot size small, but any help would be dope hehe

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8b_xkNc-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can train them to grow horizontally. Wont be ideal, but itll suit your needs

How?

Pot size will determine overall growth size, but you should look into SCROG, a training method. Also, choose strain with low, bushy characteristics.
Remember to vent the room, might get really hot if vertical room is restricted.

There are strains that grow nice and smol, northern lights and low girl come to mind.

Ok yea i planned on having a 4 inch intake and exit with a fan on the exit

I was going to do a cbd heavy one so idk how tall it will be

Indicas or afganica only options, google scrog (screen of green) plants don't equal out put, canopy does.

^here
Oh yeah and like the other user said pot size is everything.

Gotcha. Where are you sourcing your seeds? You should be able to get a rough estimate of the size.

ill get a screen shot hang on

my computer is being slow

Lol, Op I'm the guy you want to talk to. Do a double scrog screen with PandaMylar, T5s or LEDs would be the way to go for coverage under a stairway.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8b_xkNc-o

Check this comparison vid of 600wLED vs 1000w hps

LST is a good method.

Practice with a potted tomatoe first to cut down on wasted time and effort. I like supercropping and Fimming my plants to make stout bushes. I use flood trays and hydroton with about 36" of growing height (plants on tables) and use 1000w HPS bulbs in the space within a cool tube.

You've got room, just plan ahead.

That would be best to make a tincture out of, hope you have someone to help you with all this.

Sweet thanks man

Just teach him scrog and FIM topping, last might prove difficult in a tight space

This OP
Was just about to suggest SCRoG ("Screen of Green").
>pic related.
It actually increased my yield, while keeping the plants shorter.

No problemo look up bloom boosters/enhancers, maybe stick with fox farms or a GH product

Nice grow homie, check out my YouTube vid up top

Grow a pure indica strain. They are shorter but bushier plants.

Im just going to get all the stuff set up and watch a bunch of videos, no i dont have help. Probably only start with one or 2 plants in small pots

you can bend the stems over and tie them to the stock and they get all bushy...just don't break em.

Technically you can grow any plant bushy and short, if you wish to. Right now I'm working on a nutrient formula for reversing the effect of autoflowering strains to veg them longer

Any info on organic fertilizer?

Well then you get into supercropping, that's a little advanced, even I've fucked up once or twice

Look up General Hydroponics Organic Pack

If you can't figure this out with the internet at your fingertits you shouldn't be growing

Come on man, this could be a guy who has a terminal illness, I don't just, I just offer help.

Kek agreed

Well thanks for all the help guys! Much appreciated

I used to LST mine, but I've found Supercropping to be quicker and more effective. It can look pretty brutal - you basically crush the stem and more or less snap the branch over. As it heals, the plant forms a kind of knuckle on the bend, supporting what the plant now thinks is a top bud. Even when it's every bud.

I only have 45 inches, so whatever is best for that height

How much of these fertilizers will i need for one grow?

Thanks mane. Yeah, I'll check out your YT, I'm running 2x600w hps, it would be interesting to see a comparison with LEDs

Not the user you replied to but yeah, I've snapped a few while supercropping them. 90% of the time though I just bandage them with a bit of tape and they heal fine.

Np.Sup Forumsro. And check out 420Chan user. Loads of good info there.

Autoflower might be worth a try. They flower based on their age rather than photoperiod so they don't get as tall to start with. Couple that with a scrog and you could get a reasonable yield in that space.

When they get too tall, bend them over and tie the top to the ground. It will still continue to grow upwards, but more like a bush instead of a tree. Used to do this to keep my plants less visible from the road

Any tips on growing one plant?

I've been doing autoflower for years in a smaller space using CFL's. Nirvana seeds is reputable and they stealth ship.

I never bothered using fancy fertilizers, just good soil mixed with some vermiculite.

I usually average over 1/4 lb per plant, easy peasy.

Pain in the ass, come harvest. No?

Pain in the ass come harvest. No?

>Hivemind?
It's not too bad as long as everything below the screen is stripped bare to reduce the amount of little chaffy stuff.