youtube.com/watch?v=NiloWOFuY08
youtube.com/watch?v=fSzOcvAJmi0
he's unreal

yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=xgvU0YI-Ut8
youtu.be/jgLfvwm4mg4

Bowie agreed with you

Whyyyy do they call him Scott Walker?
If he gets into car, does that make him Scott Driver?

kek

no, it does not

He was Bowie's idol youtube.com/watch?v=V01oQ_BsX00

Unironically yes. Although that isn't dissing Bowie at all (who was also quite fine.) After all - there is only one 30th Century Man.

At what stage does one realize that Scott Walker is just discount Jacques Brel?

Heat, the final song on The Next Day (Bowie's penultimate album) could be considered an homage to late-period Scott Walker; it's done very much in his style, lyrically and musically. It also demonstrates the differences between the two artists: Bowie was experimental but he always orientated himself toward an audience. Scott Walker is venturing out towards god knows what. You can trail after him if you want.

Interesting recommendation, although he hasn't made avant-garde music in his later career. A good site for translations?

only the first two albums are like that

this. Walker was his idol.

I'm a huge fan of his early solo career, Scott 3 and 4 are extremely touching and romantic albums, I'm very fond of them. can't really into his avant garde stuff but on him for making something new and different instead of just resting on his laurels.

Why can't I like both
It's Raining Today is one of my favourite songs of all time
I don't speaking belgianese why can't I just listen to Scott Walker
lol that was my first thought when I head Heat. Bowie also did a (terrible) cover of Nite Flites on Black Tie White Noise

The stage right before you realize that Brel's music was largely the creation of two other people (Gérard Jouannest and Francois Rauber to be exact.)

very good

brian eno>both

Ever seen the 30 century man documentary? Bowie and Eno both spend the entire time blabbering about how Scott is the greatest thing to happen to modern music. I'm not OP, but Scott blows both of them out of the water.

Very happy with all the Scott threads recently.

Now I'm preparing for the daily thread where someone posts a Scott album and says "i dont get it lol"

If only he'd release something like Tilt and the Drift again.

yes!!

did you listen to Bish Bosch and Soused? both pretty much expand on the same sound.

hopefully scott still has at least one more album left in him

>tfw it still freaks you out after multiple listens

I have, but it wasn't as caustic as the other two. His vocals are impeccable, even for a 70 year old. It's a shame he's old now.

The Drift was the most intensive, caustic and anti-human album I've ever listened to. I was so overwhelmed that it left me grasping for air after listening to it. I'm not sure if I'm willing to experience that ever again.

>it left me grasping for air after listening to it

ok its a pretty scary album but calm down

best male singer ever imo

Childhood is idolizing Scott Walker
Adulthood is realizing that Arsen Dedić is the GOAT

fuck you jew

Hes the greatest living musician

lMAAAO