Help me out Sup Forumsros. I've never played pic related or the first one either. On Steam...

Help me out Sup Forumsros. I've never played pic related or the first one either. On Steam, both this and the first one (special edition as well) are on sale for under $5. Are the games any good? And should I buy them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_KtvVvolY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never played much into the first one. Combat was clunky to me.
Second one was better. Don't play with a controller. There's two distinct story paths to go down, Iorveth or Roache.
Story gets a little dry at times but it's a solid game.

So overall you'd recommend it?

Yes

Yes.

Why not just play the 3rd one? It's a very immersive and rich experience.

Dude, shame you werent apart of the Gwent beta, they gave me witcher 1 and 2 for free

I have $5.03 left on my steam wallet, and 3 is on sale for $20.

First is 7/10
Second is 9/10
Third is 10/10

My advice is to play the third. If you can't afford it, play the second. The second and third are very slightly linked story wise, first is not at all and the gameplay is ass.

There's references to the second game (and I'm sure the 1st) that make it more personal.
>Letho

I couldn't ever get in to Gwent.

i enjoy it, but just being registered for the beta would have gotten you them if you entered early

2 is ass

>boss fight most of the way through the game that can't be beaten without using a gameplay mechanic that up until that point in time you don't even have to use
>shit character presentation, has characters that are just supposed to magically be important to you and the story without establishing their importance
>approach to sex is archaic, like it was written by a 12 year old who has never seen tits before
>can literally skip the final boss fight after the game has you play tons of hours leading up to a payoff that you can completely avoid

you talking about the dragon at the end?

the first one was fucking awesome man

Yep.

As far as I'm concerned, that's bad game/bossfight design.

It's a choice. Don't skip the fight if you want to kill her.

it wasnt designed good, but i beat it my first time fighting if i remember correctly. i had more problems with the dragon at the beginning when you gotta hide behind things to avoid the fire

It seems the general consensus is that i should go for it. Thanks, m8s.

I thought you mean the gameplay mechanic gripe where you have to use the sign to avoid the fire damage.

The skippable fight I meant is the one against Letho at the end, where he asks if you still want to fight him after he spills his guts to you.

Letho was a push over, but my 2nd time through, i didnt kill him. I just wish Triss would have gotten nude more

Yea the first one actually impressed me although I only played it after beating the second one twice. The graphics are meh, the gameplay is meh, the storytelling is slow and boring at first, but halfway through shit finally begins weaving together and making sense. If you can take 10 hours of dry gameplay it is well worth the next 20-30 hours of superb story telling.

This is the video that made me pay 25$ for this game, which isn't much but at the time it was 50% off. youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_KtvVvolY

Yeah, fuck that sign...

Not killing Letho makes him appear in the 3rd game.

for some reason i can't explain, i have two copies of witcher 2 and one copy of witcher as steam gifts.

i hadn't checked my inventory for like 2 years.

what sort of normie weak-willed faggot are you that you can't buy two video games for $10 and try them out yourself

What kind of whiny bitch are you, that you have to compalin about me asking about games that I've never played? GTFO my thread, nigger.

>Complain*