>argue this b8
erm, no

Not the best but certainly the most influential artist of this century so far

Funny joke OP

What instrument does he play?

>musician

>try to debate me
ok

He is the musician who has maximized fame, relevance, fascination and artistry more than anyone else. That's a fact. Whether or not this makes him truly the best musician is debatable.

The greatest

Kendrick is better with lyrics. Is he a better musician? Nah
reddit.com
Well we can agree on something at least
Who you think is better?
None i think
Try to prove otherwise
reddit.com
You seem reasonable, who you think is making better music than Kanye?

Nah, his bars are extremely weak, lacking variety in delivery, rhythm, creativity, and technicality. He tries to circumvent this later through adding vocal parts, but his range is so small and he lacks on a delivery end here as well.

But that's fine, he's known for his production skills, right? The overwhelming majority of his tracks are very simple on that end as well, often only having a small handful of distinct layers per track. Even if there are a ton of layers on a track, they are often playing the same thing, thus his music lacks any level of harmonic sophistication. There are exceptions like Diamonds or Power, but those are rare. He often loves to structure his stuff like pop music, which does work in his favor in that it's easier for others to get into his music that otherwise can't digest other hip hop. In terms of samples his ability is very rudimentary compared to the pinpoint sampling of producers like The Bomb Squad, Beastie Boys, J Dilla, and Madlib. With some tracks like Stronger and Fade, he's not creative at all with manipulating the sample in different ways. Not to mention 808s and beyond he has such a large army of producers that a lot can't even be credited to him. This is particularly true for 808s, whose sound Yeezy himself admits to has been copped from Kid Cudi, and Yeezus/TLOP which both have obviously Travis Scott influences. But the worst aspect of his music is how goddamned brickwalled it is. Why would anyone have the amounts of layers of stuff Kanye will often have just to brickwall everything so there's not as much of a full sound coming from the music? That's the dumbest shit imaginable.

So yeah, I think he's far from being a best musician of this century.

Rap is more poetry than music.

kenya wasted didnt even get a single feature on tylers new ep, clearly he´s used goods now

trift shop tier shit that used to be good maybe 10 years ago

I can't. You're right.

>Yeezus/TLOP which both have obviously Travis Scott influences

opinion immediately discarded

lmao. is this a joke? I liked Visions, but I don't really get the Grimes hype around here.

he's the best tho

imagine being this white

>who you think is making better music than Kanye?
Tyler the Creator, just to stay within the same genre
Tyler is as sophisticated and well-rounded artistically as Kanye or moreso
can he make classics like he's asleep? not even once

I think a big part of it is how collaborative Kanye is. He has a lot of people in the studio with him. He bounces ideas off of people and sees how they react and he knows when things work. idk what it is. if everyone knew how to be Kanye, they would be

Man, I like Tyler, but he's nowhere near Kanye. He just doesn't have the discography to back it up.

I actually non-ironically agree OP

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJyhKEZ8QU

You are white.

Responding If you don't know who's pictured you haven't been on /mu) very long.

that's what I said spud

not as white as you

I know who Ride is, but there's no possible way this guy thisnk he is better than Kanye

They do though. Loud, bombastic instrumentals with melodic vocal effects is Scott's thing. Kanye did exactly what he did with Cudi. He heard Cudi's early stuff, signed him on, and had him release MOTM near 808s timeframe with 808s being heavily Cudi influenced. He heard Scott's early stuff, signed him on, and had him release Owl Pharaoh near Yeezus' timeframe (this one's even more telling since Owl Pharaoh was already done for so long and was supposed to be out 2012.)

>10/10
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3JCbfmze5LI

this is a really nice picture of kanye :)

Best from a sheer quality/talent standpoint? Nah, I doubt it. But from a cultural relevance standpoint? Absolutely. He's the best musician of this century in the way that The Beatles were the best band of the 20th century: There are obviously more talented, more forward-thinking acts than both those two, but no one perfected the sweet spot of having massive popularity and forward-thinking pop music like those two acts did. They both have multiple classic albums, and they both have had an immeasurable influence on not only just their respective genres, but popular music as a whole.

>no one perfected the sweet spot of having massive popularity and forward-thinking pop music like those two acts did. They both have multiple classic albums, and they both have had an immeasurable influence on not only just their respective genres but popular music as a whole.
You pretty much perfectly explained what makes my two favorite artists great.

MPC, Keyboard

Maybe, but this century is less than 20% finished and has produced almost nothing but garbage music so far, so that's not saying much.

I know that this is b8, but
>not realizing that zach hill is an actual genius behind death grips

He's not a musician. He doesn't play any instruments and he cannot read music. He is a very good producer, but nothing more. He doesn't even write for example.

>comparing Kanye to The Beatles
When will this meme die? I like Kanye a lot, but Jesus fucking Christ.

>genius
yeah I took a bait

Is what I said wrong tho?

>meme
Kanye is the obvious equivalent of The Beatles for this generation.

ripping of dg is not being forwardthinking

kanye fans act like lil b fanbase a lot if you hadnt noticed, it isnt entirely serious

>ripping off a rip off is not being forwardthinking
I guess you're right.

Liam Gallagher is better than this eggplant.

Yeah. Kanye is not the most culturally relevant artist of this century. That would be Eminem, despite the fact he's a bit irrelevant in the past few years. He is the best selling artist of that period, probably the most controversial in his day, and created the biggest shift in the industry.
Kanye is nowhere near the levels of cultural influence of The Beatles. In fairness, no one is, but if anyone waa going to get close from this era, it's not him.

Kanye was cemented as a legend before DG even existed

this one

More like most overrated, fuck off underage

In Hip-Hop, maybe

Death Grips are fucking terrible

Suffy is serious contender
Michigan, Illinois, The Age of Adz, Carrie & Lowell all GOAT

Lmao, grimes is a fucking meme

u found out about kanye's music like 3 months ago?

>not pic related

looks like Crash Bandicoot

Best waifu of the century at least.

i still haven't listened to an entire album from this dude. i didn't even know he was so huge until a year or two ago.

the dudes music just does nothing for me. i'd rather listen to eyedea.

ugh this is gay, go to fucking pol

Rihanna is more culturally relevant than M'n"m since that retard only lasted the 2000s

Try listening to MBDTF. I never really liked him but that was what made his work click for me.

I hate this board

OP here. Meant to post pic related

*blocks your path*

We can't debate while his penis is in your mouth.

This thread could've turned into an interesting discussion about who has been the most influential on the course of different genres and who would be considered most important in retrospect but it just turned into the same old shit.

nop

Bubbly shit bubble

don't you just love Sup Forums? :)

Hi