What's the chance that Kanye actually listens to Megadeth...

What's the chance that Kanye actually listens to Megadeth? Does he just wear bands tee to be a hipster or is he genuinely a fan?

when he was making Graduation he listened to a lot of rock bands, so probably he heard some Megadeth at some point.

good chances he probably listens to it

Spoiler alert but Megadeth is only way popular in their genre and for good reason. I'm sure most musicians probably listen to anything but the genre they produce in their off time just to get a break from it.

He also wore a metal up your ass shirt. I don't know, I thinks he's just doing it to be a hipster.

They're popular in the metal scene, but that's about it. Average music listeners get turned off by Dave's voice and fast guitar riff. They don't really have a song like One so normies don't really give a shit about them.

Who knows

its called attracting fan bases so they listen to your music and take a chance its a marketing ploy, thats all

Designers have taken the metal shirt aesthetic to sell to hipsters and rich kids. Ventements is a very obvious example of this. These shirts could very well be over $80 each

What's the chance that Snoop Dogg actually watches soccer? Does he just wear jerseys to be a hipster or is he genuinely a fan?

there's also a pic with him wearing a Testament shirt somewhere

A lot of pop stars have admitted to listening to metal, even though it's mostly shitty symphonic black metal

he didnt do this to make megadeth fans listen to kanye, he did it to look so fashionable

i think the reason rappers is seen in soccer jerseys so much is because they think the culture for wearing them is interchangable with wearing football/hockey jerseys in the us (it isnt)

I read an article once where a guy who worked with kanye said that he used to dress in baggy pants and act gangsta around other black people and that when he was hanging around white people he would go "phew", the put on a classic rock t shirt.

Basically kanye is a middle class black kid that was raised in china and white as fuck

is it suprising for you, white guys, to know a black person nowadays who genuinely like rock music?

Kanye is a rockstar. Yeezus is the closest thing mainstream pop has gotten to the spirit of rock in a long time.

lmao $80
try $800

black people are a borg that only like rap, they like no other genre of music. I am not joking. White people are genuinely more open minded musically

Remember that Kanye is always trying to be a step ahead. In 2017 white normies love rap and celebrate black culture. Which means the forward-thinking black artists are going to start pushing the exact opposite shit to differentiate themselves from the mainstream. So yes he is being a hipster.

mfw hes gonna sample fuckin mbv

>My Bloody Valentine - Wonder 2 (Kanye West remix)

kanye was raised in chicago...
he was middle class tho

he's going to sample the snare hits at the beginning of Only Shallow

>Which means the forward-thinking black artists are going to start pushing the exact opposite shit to differentiate themselves from the mainstream

So he's going to make white people music for black people?

I already predicted this, or rather was hoping for it. I made a post about how things are stagnet and we need a cultural shift. And how i wanted the top 40 to be dream pop, shoegaze, vaporwave, i wanted to the top 40 to sound like you fell face first in a water fountain in a mall in the 80's and you could hear the music over the intercom.

I think kanye and i are on the same wave lengths, or he shitposts on mu. Because a few weeks later he is wearing a MBV shirt.

My personal opinion is
1. music has gotten too black
2. obama years are over, need to shift away from poptamism, EDM, and meme rap, trap to something new

>to be a hipster
megadeth are one of the biggest metal bands in existence
being a fan of them, no matter who you are, isn't special or noteworthy

Does Kanye like Manic Street Preachers or is he just using a man's mental problems as a fashion statement?

>i wanted to the top 40 to sound like you fell face first in a water fountain in a mall in the 80's and you could hear the music over the intercom

Vapor-whatever is not going to be top 40 ever

he's using his own mental problems as a fashion statement that's for sure

I know, i fucking know.
But it needs to be, or something else, pop needs to take a fucking risk, it needs to do something dramatic, because this same nothing but edm, rap, pop shit is getting old.

It needs to absorb a new sound, like death metal, or shoegaze, something way out there.

But its not going to happen because the music business is too scared to take a risk.

Maybe kanye is the only person famous and crazy enough to take a risk like that

His stylist chooses them for him to look vintage and cool. He does the same thing for Kim, wearing vintage metallica and testament shirts.

Deep desu

considering how iconic this raf piece is and how many celebrities borrow from private collections to wear it, I doubt any of them actually recognize richey

Why the fuck do you care

shoehop

Why care if the top 40 is boring? It's always been boring. Go listen to vaporwave if you want to hear that

they have close to zero diversity in their political opinions as well.

black people are boring as hell if we are being honest

pretty sure kanye had that lead singer from an obscure witchcore band sample onee his songs. kanye listens to none mainstream shit. his music still sucks

>Why care if the top 40 is boring? It's always been boring

The top 40 was not boring pre-2008. A lot of interesting music of all genres used to chart much higher than it does now on the singles chart.

>lowercase, but properly punctuated

Terrible, hacky aesthetic

Why do people say wearing band tees is hipster

>A lot of interesting music of all genres used to chart much higher than it does now on the singles chart

I don't think this is the case

Kanye shoerap when? Ft. Yeezus 2

>see hot girl wearing Metallica shirt
>"s--sso whats your favorite Metallica album"?
>"aaaaa what, whose meggaliga"?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Why not?

>Which means the forward-thinking black artists are going to start pushing the exact opposite shit to differentiate themselves from the mainstream.

Remember when Kanye sold Confederate apparel at his Yeezus tour?

Megadeth has 6 platinum albums, what do you think?

how so? i'm genuinely curious

TSHIRTS are $80, not anything beyond that. Ive never seen a tshirt go for more than $200 unless it was merino or some woven fabric.

I don't think i've heard a single megadeth song in my life

It's more hypebeast than hipster
For some reason "ironically" hideous metal shirts that look like they were bought at Walmart are popular as "streetwear".
Notice it's never something normal or tasteful like a low-key muted design on a fitted black/grey/white shirt.
It has to be a too-big, shredded, tie-dyed shirt with a popular 80s band's most obnoxious and loud art printed on it.
Oh and it has Gucci or Vetements on the tag so it costs $900