Sup Forums I need an outsiders opinion... I've been dating my girlfriend for awhile now and I love her to death...

Sup Forums I need an outsiders opinion... I've been dating my girlfriend for awhile now and I love her to death, but she's emotionally unstable and keeps making all these future plans for us. I feel unsure if the relationship is what I want for the future, but I'm worried to break it off. She always says I'm what keeps her going, and being how she is, I don't know what she'll do, I don't know what to do.

gotta be tough and guide her and not vice versa. it sounds like you let her run the relationship. how long yall been togteher and how old are you both?

A few months, and above 18, rather not get specific.

She really needs to see a therapist, don't get me wrong I'm not caller her crazy ( I actually see a psychologist and psychiatrist regularly), but
>She always says I'm what keeps her going
Is a crucial statement that needs attention by a psychologist or therapist. I really recommend that you get her into it. If you do more power to you and if she has the willpower and follows through I'm sure the relationship will be healthier and I feel that maybe it would make you more dedicated to the relationship. Best of luck user

Thank you Sup Forumsrother I will consider it.

mate its only been a few months how invested are you?

Also don't follow stupid bullshit that other anond might give you about being an alpha and being the dominant person in the relationship without regarding her feelings, but I'm sure you won't be as stupid to do some shit like that most of the faggots here are deluded with the role a man has in a relationship

if you feel you are being pressured into staying in a relationship with someone because you are afraid of what they will do if you dont, thats psychological abuse and you should get the fuck out of that relationship. Dont mean to be harsh, but you should ever be in a relationship if you TRULY do feel happy about it.

I will admit "a few" may be a bit out of context, it's been six months, and I'm quite invested, this isn't a light thing, as I stated previously, I don't date exclusively.

0-3 months: You date the person YOU think they are
3-6 months: You date the person THEY think they are
6+ months: You start to date the real person

Where are you on this scale.

tbh if you already feel like this efter just a few months, that shit aint worth keeping dude, just get it overwith. Might be hard the first couple days, maybe weeks but you will get over it faster than you might think.

and how long have you actually known her? the reason i ask is that you dont get invested in a person until you get to know the real them because they might not be worth investing in, and from what it sounds like its not. what are her redeeming qualities?

I'm in my 30's and I've got some advice here Sup Forumsro...

Women will say shit like that for the attention. I agree with You need to run the relationship, not her. Keep in mind, although they try to make you think differently, women don't emotionally mature until much later.

I'm going to disagree with I'm not saying go alpha and be a dick, but I am saying to not let her run all over you and practically hold you at gun point due to her "emotional well-being" That's bullshit and girls play games.

Once women emotionally mature in their mid-late 20's, it's a little easier and they don't say dumb stuff like that. Left unchecked, they become the crazy aunt that everyone walks on eggshells around.

You are just now starting to see the real person, and truth is you should probably run. Sorry, just the facts.

>overly dependent
>mentally unbalanced
>young ( sorry anyone under 25 is young )

6 months feels like a long time, but it isn't. Nothing wrong with her making future plans ( that is just shit all girls do - don't look too deep into it ) but the other parts are problematic

Also, I'm shocked there's a serious conversation going on Sup Forums

>but she's emotionally unstable and keeps making all these future plans for us
my ex was like that. making all these plans that i was going to be this or that, without consulting with me to see what i really wanted. in the end, I got tired of it. i wanted a lot more out of life than what she was offering me. so I left, disconnected my phone, disabled my email address.
life is far too short for such fucking bullshit. you deserve better.

>asking Sup Forums for advice
>Sup Forums of all places
fuckoff faggot

Agreed. I've always made it mandatory to not get overly attached until 1 year has passed. At least, to the point it will depress me if we don't make it. After 1 year, the "new car smell" wears off the relationship and you start to see the real person underneath.

get her mental health help, and then get out of there, perhaps not in that order.

I was in a relationship with my boyfriend for like 5 years and he had been a little abusive before but it was mostly emotional shit, then he hit me and now we're split.

he was the same way, emotionally unstable and constantly talking about "when we move out" and "when we're married" even though I was telling him to slow down and he was complaining about feeling trapped.

kind of redundant when he's the one trapping himself.

I said I would like an outsider's opinion, Not direct advice. I'm aware of what Sup Forums holds and I know here someone will most certainly look at my problem objectively and say what they think. even if its extremely rude.

>he was complaining about feeling trapped.

typical move. I used to do that shit all the time, pull/push/pull/push

>Gay or female?
>Asking for science

had a 3+ year relationship with my ex when we were in our start 20's and i would not change that if i could, but life is short and the youth is wild and wonderfull place, sadly also short. do what makes YOU happy, dont sound like you are right now. Go out and fucking experience life dude. surround yourself with people that make you wanna experience life, friends, lovers ect. not with people that make you write a fucking post on /b about being in doubt about love.

Getting out seems like a best idea to be honest right now.

You've got a good point.

You have two possible courses of action. The first is break up and cut ties because that is not a healthy relationship. You have no obligation to stay simply because she's suggesting her life will fall apart or she'll off herself if you do. If anything, that's cause for breaking up and cutting ties. It is a form of psychological abuse and it's not okay. Alternatively, you can stay a bit longer, get her set up with a therapist and psychiatrist. Be sure to explain that therapists are different and that if she doesn't like the one she's seeing, then it's a good idea to find another one that she likes better (therapists are not all created the same, some are better than others). Help her start to get her shit together and become self sufficient before you escape her vile clutches. Give her the tools to cope so that you can sleep easy after the break up.

I suppose there is a third option, stay with her for a long time and be consumed by the regret of lost opportunities and happiness while consoling yourself with the thought that someday it might be a good relationship.

I was in a similar relationship a while ago. I took way too long to break up. It was terribly difficult to break up and it hurt for a bit afterwards, but I'm glad I did and I have no regrets about it. She told me she'd have no reason to live if I broke up with her. I think she might have actually said she might kill herself if I broke up with her, but it's been a while so I can't quite remember. Called her bluff. It's not okay to say shit like that, even if it's true. It requires complete disregard for the feelings of the other person.

Is there anyway to say "we can still be friends" etc without coming across as total prick?

If you're going to do it, rip it off like a band aid. Don't drag it out or show weakness. If you show hesitation or bat an eyelash, she will claim she's going to hurt herself because of you and never leave you alone. Keep it short, sweet, clean.

>Look, it's not working. We're done. You don't need a reason, it's just over. I wish you well.

said it.

gay, but honestly my story could apply to either sexual preference, that's why I didn't state mine beforehand.

Oh, I agree it could go either way. But there are rules to follow for our female friends. Carry on.

That's only if the female is attention whoring you doubletarded renigger.

no, it is rules 30 and 31 of the internet.

"there are no women on the internet."
"post tits or GTFO."