I'm thinking about joining the Marines, but I got a lot of shit on my mind...

I'm thinking about joining the Marines, but I got a lot of shit on my mind. I would prefer not to die during my contract if I enlist, and I'd like to use the Marines as a stepping stone to create a life for myself...let me explain why. Been out of high school for 3 years now, 21 years old, parents are pissing me off all the time with their outdated/delusional views on how to be successful in life by going to college and landing a good job, also sick of family bullshit, social anxiety due to locking myself in my room all day because my town is filled with liberal pussies and I can't fake a smile for them. I just want to make enough money to do what I want to do with my life, whether it's traveling or relaxing at home playing video games. and I don't mind working my ass off a bit in order to make that a reality some day. Why the Marines? Because I feel I might as well go all out and I'd be proud to call myself a Marine if I make it. Any current Marines here who would recommend it for someone like me and with my current life situation?

maybe wait until the next administration, which would hopefully value the lives of servicemen and woman.

>locking myself in my room all day because of

so you're saying if I joined now, I'd get treated like shit during my whole contract?

If you're going to join, keep an open mind, you're going to live with people from all kinds of different backgrounds. I would recommend joining for someone in your situation. If you take advantage of what it offers you, you will walk out with valuable life skills. The more you put into it, the more you will get back.

I feel underdeveloped and I'm looking for a way to grow and create a life for myself. Bottom line. It doesn't have to be the military I suppose, but I can't stand college.

Same boat dude, almost the same boat. Only difference? I wouldn't give to fucks if I died, literally the most despised person in my entire fucking town. Immature brats who can't separate a joke from reality.

I'd rather get treated like garbage in the marines, a respectable organization for 3 months, then go and actually do something with my life, than stay where I am, and get treated the way I am for the rest of my fucking life.

I knew someone here would be able to relate to me...I just feel so empty and underdeveloped on the inside. and I feel like the Marines could make me the man I want to become.

This. Also if you have social anxiety, the military is probably not for you. You are going to be around people literally 24/7, sleeping in the same room with several other people (unless you live on base and aren't deployed). Also I wouldn't join if you aren't in good shape physically.

The thing is you dont have to join Infantry there's many jobs in the Marines you just have to talk to a Recruiter and place a high score on the ASVAB and you can do anything you want. and almost every person who comes out of the Marines are glad they did it. so if you do decide to go in the Marines I hope the best of luck to you

I'm aware I need to sleep and be around the brotherhood, I look forward to that actually. I just have a problem trying to fit in with shitty people. Also I am not in shape right now, but I'm not overweight. I would train my ass off before seeing a recruiter. Just until I can run for a while without stopping and when I can do 5+ pullups in one go.

I took the asvab before and scored low, had a hard time focusing when taking it. but I feel I can do better if I study.

The military breaks you down and reshapes you. For 99% of people it's beneficial to their character. People in worse shape than you made it just fine.

The main thing I hear from people who've been to the military is that after they're finished and back home, they just can't sit around all day and do nothing because they get used to use all of their time during the day efficiently. This is the main reason I would like to join too as I am a lazy motherfucker, but I still think that just by getting a normal job abroad for a year would do the same for me. I am in desperate need for money now as I need to pay off a 2k eur loan for my studies I recently quit. If I didn't have that loan I'd probably go join the military because it's crazy life changing.

Here in Lithuania we enroll for 9 months.

you sound perfect for the marines,
a dumbfuck reject who won't be missed when you die for Israel and corporations.

>parents are pissing me off all the time with their outdated/delusional views on how to be successful in life by going to college and landing a good job
>wants to join the marines

Are you a teenager?

I'm 21

That phase lasts for a month or something. Been there done that.

Fucking act like it.

I'm not a marine but my brother is. He didn't have many friends in high school, but he's met tons of people in the Marines that he is good friend with. Only thing he really complains about is the logistics of the higher ups and have your orders changed last minute all the time. Oh and almost being blown up by an IED in Afghanistan.

What's his MOS? Infantry?

I served in Afghanistan doing recon. Nothing extravagant mind you but I saw my fair share through binoculars. My advice is go put your brains to work. If you go combat you'll never function the way you WANT TO in the real world. You'll hate every moment there but when you get back all you can think about is being back there again. I wish I would've gone Navy or Air Force but I wanted to be in the action.
I implore you don't join the Marines. Put your brains to work not on the wall. Set yourself up for the life you want by letting the military pay for your schooling not your medical bills.

Pretty sure this is how the military industrial complex gets all these recruits. Make life shitty for a lot of people hoping some of them would crack and enlist.

can you elaborate on why you want to go back there again?

More like you'd be used as an expendable pawn moreso than when Obama was in Office, but not unlike when Bush was in office.

Thanks for sharing man. Would you still not recommend the Marines to me, even if it's a non-combat role mos?

>servicewomen
>having any value to care about anyway

topkek user

He's an MP. Mostly he went around and investigated dead bodies to determine what happened, collect evidence, etc.

Military can be real shitty and make no mistake the government doesn't two shits about you getting your head blown off. If you make it through the benefits and 0% down VA loan can be worth it. Get to travel, meet a bunch of other idiots, and potentially live someplace cool. Always looks good on a resume. meh

Deadbeat neckbeard who has never served

go in
do gay stuff
get out
drink self to death

If you cant run 3 miles in less that 27 min and do 10 pullups you weren't meant to be a marine

Structure. I've lost most of my direction out here. Feels like I don't have purpose anymore. I work the 9 to 5 but I don't get the same feeling. Outside the wire your actions mean something. On the outside your actions don't mean anything.
Navy and Air Force. They have better programs and schools. You'll be able to move a lot further afterwards. You'll have skills that you actually put to use. Skills you can put to use again outside. There's a lot of reasons but the chance of being deployed is minimal. You'll stay alive a lot longer user. Socially awkward boys like you are fuck heads that don't listen or freeze up when you're in danger. Realize your own shortcomings and don't let them drag down your team. Join the Air Force and be a drone pilot. You already play video games all day anyway.

Were you force recon? Raider? Or Marsoc.

I heard that 1171 MOS is the coolest job in the Marine Corps. You should go for that dude.

Hey OP you probably wont see any combat in your time and theres plenty of jobs in the military, have buddies in the special operations community and they have guys that dont even shoot there weapons in that community so dont sweat. There are more people who are trying to go in combat then are needed currently.

>1171 MOS
Is that basically unclogging toilets and emptying septic tanks?

>I just have a problem trying to fit in with shitty people

Friend, do you have any idea what the military is?

A water support technician? Lol

I don't wanna talk about it user. I was in OEF, Operation Oaxaca and Operation Javelin Thrust. Just to name a few.

People in the military can't be as bad as people in the civilian world.

Join the Coast Guard man. There are only ~36,000 active duty members. Less than the New York City Police Department. You will be treated much better, and do some really fucking hard work to be proud of. You will also be able to help people. You'll also have a lot more responsibility than you would in any other branch. I'm an E-4, and am willing to bet I have more responsibility than an O-1 of any other services. Hell, we have entire units ran by an E-6 or E-7. No officers.

Oh so you actually were in when shit was going down good amount. Im jealous im going in for my own program, but shits dying down, hopefully after workups/graduation something pops off.

What's the minimum asvab score required for Coast Guard? Last time I took the asvab I scored low.

dude, its mostly populated with gap-tooth dumbshits who can't find jobs cuz they live in dying little Podunk towns.

You don't want it to go down. It's worse than you can imagine to be in war. Don't glorify it.

Take my advice. I've worked 3 different mos's in the marine corps and the only one I felt like I was actually doing something was in the infantry. The marine corps is without a doubt th finest fighting force on the planet. But when it come to most other jobs in the military, they're pretty shit. Worst of all being the intelligence field. Trust me on this. If you want to be a marine, go infantry, otherwise, pick a different branch, preferably air force, they know what they're doing with most shit. It doesn't matter if you're the best Intel marine to stand on the yellow footprints, the fact is, everyone around/above you has their heads up their asses and will bring your work down to their level. The marines just need to get rid of their other jobs and only offer infantry contracts.

Fam, no-one's buying your grizzled i've-seen-shit Spec Ops LARP.

Sounds like the cunts gonna end up like old mate in full metal jacket to be honest..

Wait until after Trump/Pence is out of office.

Also, don't join the Marines or Army. Join the Navy or Air Force, maybe Coast Guard.

Retired U.S. Marine here. I love the Marine Corps. Had the time of my life while in. Met friends who I still talk to 18 years later. Did some war - did some peace. Definitely have more fun during peacetime. I highly recommend it if you're tough enough & don't be fooled, the Marines are not for everyone. It's tough & you need to be tough (it helps to be smart too.) Esprit de corps lasts a lifetime & every single former marine is your brother or sister in arms.

>Shit - & I never even did recruiting duty!

It's getting a lot lower because we are desperately in need of new people. They are giving out bonuses and waivers like candy right now. Four years ago, when I joined, you had to be scoring at least a 70 to be considered. I think right now the minimum is 40 but I'd be willing to bet you could get a waiver of some kind.

Don't join unless you really like getting up at 0300

what years did you serve man?

Well of course op would join one of the faggot corps

You're a dick dude lmao

Fair enough man, i want do what I trained and joined for, if you understand that.

1994 - 2014

was meant for U

It's your life. Don't say nobody warned you.

Loud and clear bro

Maybe kys before killing others for oil you fucking cunt

Well...if you like some sort of intellectual diversion, you are likely to find more of it in the Air Force or Navy. That said, I've known Marines far smarter than me. Unsurprisingly, they were all based at Ft. Meade. Duh.

Go to two year tech or trade school. You'll take fewer bullshit classes, and when you begin working you'll be able to support yourself.

What type of trade or tech school? You've got my attention

>I'm thinking about joining the Marines
>I would prefer not to die during my contract
you can't make this shit up lol

Stop being a pussy and join up you won't die you'll be fine. If you didn't join think how else you'd die, you're more likely to die in a car accident. You'll probably just die in a retirement home in some boring part of the country anyway if you just sit around all day. My absolute best recommendation enlist right now. Start running a lot, doing a lot of push-ups, and pull-ups. eat healthy build a threshold for pain. Don't be fucking faggot hop on the life train and see where it takes you bitch.

Live a death worth dying nigga

Wew good advice fag

>s before killing others for oil you fu
libtard

That was some real motivational shit, thanks user

lolololol

you wont die, marines arent doing shit rn

this
+ you won't die alone

Do you own a car?

no prob nigger my papa was in the same situation at your age, only he wanted to escape his drunk parents lol. One other I recommend you do is watching a couple videos about stoicism it'll really help you with all that shit, also stay in for long enough to where you get a good pension only if you like it though if you hate it be something that has use when you get out.

Just join! Best decision I ever made with my adult life.

one other thing I recommend you do*

>Do you own a computer?
fixed

Check out the blue collar classes at your local college, might find something you like. I decided to go Navy out of high school, been doing that for three years, Aviation. Military is pretty easy, be where you're supposed to be when you're supposed to be there, follow your orders, receive pay. Pretty damn easy. Marines are a proud bunch. I've met a lot of stupid ones though. Most are pretty cool.

Whatever you do, make sure you get a job you can actually use outside the service. Too many people go Marines as a grunt and quickly learn they get very little usable skills from that when they leave. But since they're already out, they rarely are allowed back in, basically putting them just slightly above square one.

And for fucks sake, use the free college when you're in and knock out the basic general education shit.

Another thing consider the French foreign legion if you want to really "get out" and its all about mental toughness start taking cold showers and doing uncomfortable things. It won't kill you it'll just hurt and pain is feeling just like pleasure

discipline is freedom from yourself that idea has carried me very far

He can't roll over his fucking head with a computer.

Marines are no stupid navy are gay

what a twist

I'm in the navy and have always worked in joint environments. Trust me when I say that marines definitely have the worst quality of life, followed by army, then navy, then air force. Although the navy is at least more chill about it's bureaucratic bullshit than the AF so that's a pretty good trade off. You may think you'll get more pussy as a marine, but good luck taking a girl back to your barracks room with five other dude sleeping in open breathing that you can't move out of till you make e6. More than likely you'll end up marrying some manipulative cankled fuggo just for a sniff of that sweet, sweet BAH before she tanks your life and your credit. Only reason to join the marines is if you really, seriously want to kill people.

I agree with this user. Plumbers and electricians are in high demand right now. Good pay starting off and you'll be set up for a life time career

join the navy.
be HM.
train with marines.
don't become an alcoholic like marines.
????
profit.

Real men join the Legion. LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA.

Don't be a dumb nig.

Do not join if you do not want to do it with all your heart, you will come across many hardships that you are unable to imagine now, if there is even a little bit of doubt in your mind, you will most likely breakdown. My point being you can't enter this life half arsed. I know peoples who start to train to join the military at aged 15