So this is what good hip-hop sounds like

So this is what good hip-hop sounds like

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4AR7SenR2Hc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>So this is what mediocre hip-hop sounds like
ftfy

>listens to nigger lamar

brockhampton are very repetitive with what they do, every thing they attempt they do multiple times on a project. The r&b aspect is half-assed and frank ocean-esque, the pop rap about the struggles being an adolescent are honestly infantile and completely unrelatable to anyone not a 19 year old with student loans leading to an alienation to people who currently aren't beholden to this burden. The "hard" songs are alright, but they found that that these songs are the ones people like the most so they decided to make over half the songs about this and its overbearing.

Nah, they're both pretty mediocre. Besides, DAMN. and Saturation 1 & 2 are similarly mindless "banger" albums that don't reward the listener is any way.

i really like brockhampton but these are all valid criticisms good post

>trying to sound like a reviewer on Sup Forums

You are cringey as fuck and all your points are just personal opinions, you not even looking at it objectively
>inb4 music isnt objective

how exactly does a deeper album reward the listener more? I have way more fun listening to """"banger""""" rap because its fun, fun is something i enjoy, i get fun out of it

Fair enough, I guess. Personally I don't find those types of songs fun at all, I find them obnoxious and repetitive, but to each their own. I hope Brockhampton will click for me eventually, considering the unending praise they've been getting as of late. I guess I'll keep trying.

reddits down the hall to the left buddy

How the fuck am I reddit? I genuinely don't like Brockhampton. Their music is cliched and generic, with barely anything separating them from literally any pop-rap act out there today yet being praised by critics for their alleged "originality", "daring" and "creativity" that in reality doesn't really exist at all. Plebs will defend this by pointing to their lyrics, but is that really all you care about when you listen to music? It's really upsetting seeing these people get applauded for shitting out three (THREE) average and boring albums in one year with minimal effort put into all 3 them. There is nothing memorable about their music- it's in one ear and out the other. The hooks, which so many of their songs heavily depend on, fall flat on their faces. Worst of all, the production sucks out any humanity the music could've had- everything just seems so safe, so artificial and calculated. Why couldn't they have taken actual risks? As it is, I can't point out anything special about their music. It doesn't even succeed as pop music. Also, this may be a minor gripe, but why do they shower all the sung vocals in autotune? Any why do they use that same shitty synth on so many songs? Brockhampton just comes off as obnoxious and one-dimensional, instead of the endearing energy they're trying to convey. I feel nothing when they listen to them, not joy, not hype, nothing. I suppose I'm in the minority when I say this.

lordy what a novel

thats music isnt objective you spastic cunt

i don't get the impression you've even listened to brockhampton from reading this comment. a person who has never listened to a brockhampton song could easily write this

I haven't listened to Saturation 1 yet, but I've heard 2. I'll admit my arguments are very general, but I still stand by them.

I didn't read your first post, that one makes more sense, i just wanted to call someone out because i know this happens sometimes

i've only listened to 1. it's not incredible but it's got personality and does more than one thing and it leverages the DIY aspect to its advantage

Big surprise you fucking idiot, this board is used for discussing personal opinions about music. That's what it looks like when someone elaborates on their personal opinions beyond "I like it" or "I don't".

One thing that has annoyed me for so long about this board is all you morons who are so obsessed with "objectivity" even though you so clearly have no idea what the fuck it means.

Can I ask you to link me a music review that is completely objective but is also insightful? Only cold, hard, facts please.

God I really hate you

>cringey
>pepe
Fuck off 15 year-old

fuckfuck you

>>trying to sound like a reviewer on Sup Forums
I'm explaining myself
>You are cringey as fuck
Like I give a shit
>and all your points are just personal opinions, you not even looking at it objectively
Eh I kinda see this although that was mostly how I felt about Brockhampton as a whole listening to only these two projects but you can't argue with the fact that that they attempt to do one thing multiple times on the same project. Also I was never aiming for objectivity

Could you be anymore Reddit?

I agree far to heavily with what you're saying

So this is what Vice Media Group hip hop sounds like.
>And I thought I already heard the new Action Bronson album

I really don't like how action Bronson gets a pass for basically ripping off ghostface

>the pop rap about the struggles being an adolescent are honestly infantile and completely unrelatable to anyone not a 19 year old with student loans
yes this exactly, I'm 20 and right in their demographic but I can see them getting stale very fast. The stuff they rap about is relatable (to me) but there's not much about it that's introspective or impactful. It's honestly better than them putting up a front about their relatively limited life experience though IMO. If they're still rapping about this shit in ~5 years, that'll be a different story.

Maybe I overlooked the fact that they're still basically teenagers and don't really have much to say about the world or themselves. Ill ease up and give them some time to develop their sound because I believe they're still relatively new.

>pitch shifted vocals
Fucking kill me this is one of the things stopping me from giving them anything higher than a 7. There's no good use for this every time they use it it makes the song 100× worse

Agreed, I'm okay with Kevin's pitch-shifted melodic vocals when it's clear he's trying to sound like a girl but Ameer has a cool voice, his verse on SWAMP didn't need to be pitch-shifted.

Miss me with this bullshit, Sup Forums needs more legit attempts at music discussion

also
>looking at it objectively
This is a fool's errand when it comes to music, you know that right? Fucking moron.

Frank Ocean did it well. It doesn't suit Brockhampton.

fuck off nigger bitch, ohhhh everything is subjective look at mee woow, room noise is just as good as motzart wow so intellegent you fucking moron

youtube.com/watch?v=4AR7SenR2Hc

This BTFO your whole shitty argument, there is a fuck ton of creativity, originality and fun to be found in this