Daily reminder that David bowie was the definition of style over substance. While he was very good at this...

Daily reminder that David bowie was the definition of style over substance. While he was very good at this, his music was largely unremarkable, a mere sign of the times. If you listen to David bowie in 2017 and act as if its somehow any better whatsoever than current modern pop music, you're a total fucking musically clueless tool, and probably an insecure Sup Forumsdrone on top of it. There is absolutely nothing separating bowies quality/brand of pop music from modern pop, and you're a gullible image oriented moron if you try to deny this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Gy94N_mcWs
youtube.com/watch?v=KNNfqh-iJXs
youtube.com/watch?v=IyoYstj7Jgc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZY77zDzNmYw
youtube.com/watch?v=N4d7Wp9kKjA
youtube.com/watch?v=z3qm2tTD_oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mPKqdC0YNVw
youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8
youtube.com/watch?v=FPToRYG-TcE
moredarkthanshark.org/eno_int_interview-sep95.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bowie is the 2pac of pop

Not true by the way.
youtube.com/watch?v=9Gy94N_mcWs

Bowie wasn't bad, he had some great songs, but I see what you mean. Its like you're "supposed" to like him to have le public reassurance/circlejerk of good taste. Its all formulaic.

tools

Bowie was alive for all the prime years of rock, if you like rock music, or music, he has something for you. Not only that but he was handsom as fuck, was really good at fashion, art, theater, and had multiple personas and eras.
You could spend hours on a regular musician.
You would have to spend months on bowie

50's bowie
youtube.com/watch?v=KNNfqh-iJXs

60's bowie
youtube.com/watch?v=IyoYstj7Jgc

70's bowie
youtube.com/watch?v=ZY77zDzNmYw

80's bowie
youtube.com/watch?v=N4d7Wp9kKjA

90's bowie
youtube.com/watch?v=z3qm2tTD_oQ

00's bowie
youtube.com/watch?v=mPKqdC0YNVw

10's bowie

youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8

>some great songs
I would disagree. Ziggy Stardust, Heathen and 1. Outside are great albums.

bad bait

ah that's horseshit.

His alien-themed stuff alone was Godly.

Station to Station and the Berlin trilogy are the only things of worth he has ever produced.

He raped a kid

>50s Bowie
isn't that track from like '64 or something?

>Heathen
>Outside
>Blackstar

See: style over substance

Being le eclectic art man doesn't make your music any better or more interesting

it also doesn't make your music worse

1. Outside has a pretty interesting concept if you are looking for substance.

00's bowie was really underrated, he wanted to be neoclassical bowie, and the whole aesthetic was sort of eyes wide shut meets silent hill.
Really captured a zeitgeist in an era when people have a hard time searching for something

Nope, but being popular on this board means your music is bad. I left this fucking board for the ecessive contrarianism

Bowie made a concept album about a dystopian future where artists consider murder to be art.
A lot of his albums actually have stories and lore and characters in them.

youtube.com/watch?v=FPToRYG-TcE

ziggy stardust is about: The album presents the vague story of a rock and roll character called Ziggy Stardust,[9] the human manifestation of an alien being who attempts to present humanity with a message of hope in the last five years of its existence. Ziggy Stardust represents the definitive rock star: sexually promiscuous and wild in drug intake, but with a message of peace and love. He is destroyed both by his own consumptions, and by the fans he inspires

>better whatsoever than current modern pop music
But that's a mere sign of the times

What happened? Did he get Rick Roll'd?

yes thank you!
Bowie did make great albums with amazing storylines ( including Heathen and Blackstar ). Also, songs from The Next Day are based on very interesting stories.
Musically and artistically Bowie has left a mark.

>It meant absolutely nothing to me. It didn't make me feel good. I felt dissatisfied with everything I was doing, and eventually it started showing in my work. Let's Dance was an excellent album in a certain genre, but the next two albums after that [Tonight and Never Let Me Down] showed that my lack of interest in my own work was really becoming transparent. My nadir was Never Let Me Down. It was such an awful album. I've gotten to a place now where I'm not very judgmental about myself. I put out what I do, whether it's in visual arts or in music, because I know that everything I do is really heartfelt. Even if it's a failure artistically, it doesn't bother me in the same way that Never Let Me Down bothers me. I really shouldn't have even bothered going into the studio to record it. [laughs] In fact, when I play it, I wonder if I did sometime

moredarkthanshark.org/eno_int_interview-sep95.html