Alright Sup Forums legit question here. I found this nice knife in a lake bed and I cleaned it off a bit...

alright Sup Forums legit question here. I found this nice knife in a lake bed and I cleaned it off a bit. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to really get into it and make it shine.

it looks like it was thrown in the lake recently

id throw that piece of shit back in the lake

That is a nice knife! You're very lucky to have found it.

dude go to youtube, ive watched many restoration videos there

>hold blade over flame for >2 min
>hold under tap, cold water full force
>???
>profit

>yellow plactic

It's dollar store garbage.
The metal you can easily clean with a wire-wheel on a grinder.
Prol;ly cost you less to buy an identical knife new than to buy a wire-wheel to clean that one with though.

doesn't that make it explode

OP HERE I thought it was a nice knife. I hmjustvwanted to restore it so I could sell for some cash.

looks like it could either be really nice or a piece of shit. Ask an expert.

Nah, it'll make it a bit more brittle, but it'd hold an edge better. Try it.

stab youself with it and post shoe on head

Here are better photos

It's probably cursed, dude. Throw it back

Ask /k/ they are more likely to know

timestamp

Is there any case of dredging knife and it is uncovered to have killed pigeon?

>yellow plastic
Or, you know, a myriad of other materials; Bone, Ivory (probably not), horn, enamel... even if it's something like Bakelite, it's something pretty nice.

probably used in a recent murder if anything.
send it to the poolease
and if you can't do so safely, get creative

Nice knife....? It looks like some cosplay type of shit. Fucking sperglord

To make it more accurate, put a scope on it.
You can see people up close and personal when you stab them

like a 'historic' would have that cut-out

anyways fag, c- job on the antiquing, the resin handle still looks new

Weird at the top. Is it actually metal or is it plastic at the top there?

>OP finds murder weapon
>OP cleans it up and keeps it

>it's not even that cool

put the blade in vinegar for a couple hours, then polish wit with a buff wheel or sponge if you really want it.

The handle looks kinda corny, though. Especially with the plastic insert.

I'd say 10 bucks at most when it was new, 5 bucks after cleaning and sharpening.

Britbong detected.

you're not allowed to carry a fucking screwdriver?
what a backwards country

What the Queen doesn't know won't hurt her ;)

>be me
>have friend
>friend's mom was born britbong
>friend's uncle is still britbong
>uncle was SAS
>retired bc fucked up leg
>uncle lims around britbongia
>uncle comes across a couple teens
>teen pulls a knife on him
>money or your life scenario
>uncle says neither
>disarms teen
>teen's shoulder is dislocated in the process
>teen's friends run off
>uncle is charged with assault with a deadly weapon
>judge supports the claim that his SAS training made his hand-to-hand fighting ability a deadly weapon

You've convinced me to get rid of my pocket broken bottle

>only cowards carry

Jesus fucking christ

lol

Worst lawyer ever. Since the kid wasn't killed, defining his hands as a deadly weapon is speculative and prejudicial and has absolutely nothing to do with the case at hand.

They truly are the most cucked people on the planet. Now I hope bongs unironically get conquered by Pakis.

>case at hand.
I see what you did there

Agreed, it's like the UK gov is just concerned about appearance of doing something about knife crime, so they try to shame everyone into making ceremonious gestures, even though the criminals don't give a fuck.
Pic related. It was sculpted from literally thousands of blades. Pissed me off to see a few historical pieces, a few WWII era weapons from both sides and what must have been antiques from as far back as the 19th century.

"assault with a deadly weapon" isn't an actual offence in the UK...

Sand paper. Start with 600 and move up. You will get a really good mirror finish if you take your time. After that clean it with a bit of windex. Make sure you clean off the Windex.

That's plastic.
The metal is cast, not forged.
That knife is straight off an assembly line in china.

Kek

Who the carries around a broken bottle outside a bar fight?!

>niggers

don't listen it'll make it explode

No such offence in UK.
More likely he got charged with ABH, but this was aggravated because he used force beyond what was deemed necessary to defend himself.

That statue is metal as fuck. Who fucking cares if there were crusty old blades in it? It'll just drive up the prices of the shit you covet.

If someone threatens your life with a knife, pretty much any level of force is justifiable to defend yourself.

>Amerifats chimping out because Britbongs trying to reduce knife crime by taking knives off the street.

>Amerifats ban sale of Kinder chocolate eggs because they're "too dangerous"...

this may come as a shock to you, but the us is filled with hundreds of millions of people, many of whom have different opinions on a variety of topics

Don't fuck with food!

I was was talking about the Amerifats contributing to this thread. I realise that there's a lot more of you over there, many of whom can't contribute to threads like this because they're too poor to access the internet, or because their religion doesn't allow them to use it.

i dont know why but i get the feeling you are indian

Nope I'm a fully trained toilet owner/user.

His gf cheated on him with an American.

Lying little cunt.

Looks a bit like ren far tier shit. Don't know if it would honestly be worth the effort.

Then his gf was a tasteless bitch and he better off without her, lardy boy.

try leaving it in coca cola for a couple of hours

CLR to clean off the crud
Take a dremmel or a polishing wheel to the blade.
Take a sharpening steel and a sharpening stick to the edge.

Covalent bonds between molecules in metals are very strong, temperature alone won't cause an explosion

You are allowed to carry screwdrivers
Jesus Christ, one image is all you need to arrive at that stupid fucking conclusion? You people are actually retarded

The "Try it." Just screams "IM TWELVE. DO WHAT I SAID SO I CAN LAFF." You're a shit troll, man.

i am . thats not me

Saved. Then rotated and resaved. Thanks, user.

You're a less shit troll, but still an idiot for trying to get someone to do a literal meme. You gonna tell him to clean it by "growing crystals" next?

>Covalent bonds in metals
Maybe you should take a high school chemistry class before you try to bullshit online
Yes it will make it explode
OP go to a fucking YouTube video or something, this is the site that got people to microwave their phones to "recharge" them and tells people to mix ammonia and bleach to "make crystals" pretty much anywhere is better than here

soak the blade in vinegar works great for tools

Could have been used in a crime. Or just a fishing knife that fell into the water before it dried up.

no

I actually used to have this same knife when I was a kid haha. The eagle is like a cheap metal and the yellowy parts are plastic. the blade chipped and broke after one time being dropped on concrete. Its a POS.

actually the acid could eat away alot of the shit on the blade if diluted so it would work somewhat

you know that it's probably been used for a murder if someone threw it in a lake.....

soak it in coca cola over night

no retard. that's how you harden steel

gives it more character.

actually how you harden steel it heat it up till it is orange to yellow glow wise the cool it off in peanut oil that that level of glow cant be gotten by a candle or lighter you would need charcoal a hair dryer and some refractory bricks to make a simple forge in the ground doing it the way the comments says would cause the blade to experience temperature shock and make it explode in worse case and best case the blade would be unusable

Put it in coke a cola for a 1 hour or more then scrub

you do NOT quench at yellow

Bro I bought the exact same one from a storage unit sale twenty bucks. Pretty nice but definitely not worth anything at all