youtube.com/watch?v=iaZrUYOqtmE
youtube.com/watch?v=GF0ekwkhG4A
youtube.com/watch?v=mWGrAQ_-iXE
youtube.com/watch?v=9pyBB7y8fDU&t=3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah

s/t > everything else

He has some great songs, it's a shame nothing after Roman candle was consistent

This. Sort if hit and miss, but when he hit something out of the park- fuck it went flying. Just the lyrics alone are amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=iaZrUYOqtmE

The clever double entendres in this track alone showcase this quite well. Placeholder could mean multiple things, a small weight you place on an lp to weigh it down, or maybe something to hold a place.

'Looking at all the rows, all these records look like big zeros, Got your picture on the back of a 45'

Now from the context created earlier by the placeholder, 45 could mean a 45 rpm single or a 45 mm pistol. There are plenty other little details in the lyrics to the song just playing with words. It's the little things. Miss him.

new moon is so good

youtube.com/watch?v=GF0ekwkhG4A
this is the saddest song i've ever heard

First 3 albums are 10/10, From a Basement is great too.

He's whiny as fuck and not a very good writer

Only relatable if you're a high schooler that thinks he deserves more popularity for no reason

great songwriter, incredible mind for melody and harmonic progression, very nice fingerstyle guitar work. What's not to love?

He never made a bad album, was not the best lyricist, but he wrote very good melodies and could play instruments pretty well.

I try to, but I don't.
He's an ok lyricist and an ok player but I can't stand his voice

kill you're self (you are self)

t. ignorant tasteless contrarian

I discovered Elliott smith in high school, this was before he was well known and normies heard about him le pick rick cartoon.
It was the mid late 2000's i think.
Anyways, early high school days when you are a fucking loser nerd retard is the perfect time to discover elliott smith.
Im older, totally over him, espically now since more normalfags know him.
But there was a time i was really deep into him, and it felt like i only knew of him.

I also had a brianjonestown massacre phase after watching DIG

Just saying it before somehow normies ruin it too

Listen I listened to him when I was 14 and covered his songs on guitar alot. He's still pretty good at making a good melody but he is definitely not a good writer.

>Only relatable if you're a high schooler that thinks he deserves more popularity for no reason
A.K.A Sup Forums

Compared to most other artists, he actually hit almost every song he made out of the park to me

lets rank his albums
roman candle > self titled > either/or > from a basement > new moon > XO > Figure 8

self titled > either/or >Roman Candle > XO > Figure 8 = from a basement > new moon

You're insecure and care too much about what dumb normies think because of a literal cartoon show.

Even during the 1990s he flirted with popularity from his own music getting an Oscar nomination. So freaking out about Rick and Morty is the most petty shit imaginable.

I have listened to all of his albums and nearly all of his live shows from archived recordings and filmed sets on youtube, the man was a great, legit songwriter, who struggled every step of the way against his own addictions and people in the industry trying to pull him this way or that way. He did what he wanted despite it.

What would you say are his best live bootlegs? That Stockholm one from 1998 is really great, but I haven't heard many more.

The Stockholm one is very good quality, but so is the one from The Black Cat.

The Henry Fonda Theatre show is my personal favorite, though that was recorded late in his career when he was off the drugs.

Most of his shows are up on archive.org, one of my favorites was the one that he played at the crocodile cafe in 97 where he played Miss Misery before it got in Good Will Hunting and everyone knew about it after that, and so he avoided it.

This is another good show.

youtube.com/watch?v=mWGrAQ_-iXE

youtube.com/watch?v=9pyBB7y8fDU&t=3s

Fuck yeah, I love him. I knew a lot of kids at my school who could play the "Stairway to Heaven" guitar solo but who couldn't play three chords of an Elliot Smith song if their life depended on it because they didn't have the strength or ability to do it.

He's like pic related without trap beats

michael buble with a guitar